Loot (Deposit vs. Account value) Pre 2.0 and Post

Slyk

Prowler
Havenn Slyk Ragnarok
Since I'd like to make something of this thread - I will begin tracking my hunts publicly.

Gears

Armors:

Mixed L armors +5b (big mobs)
Adj Pixie (avg mobs)
Adj Vigi+6a (bots)
Adj Harrier (kite)

Weapons:

Ranked HK1750 T4
LC-60 CDF

HUNTING LOG

(08/09/2017)
Mob: Ambulimax Young (N Jurra)
Cycle: 2300
Return: 1600
Percentage: 69.56%

Mobs: Zeladoth Lambda & Puny Rhinos
Cycle: 613
Return: 825
Percentage: 135.58%

Mob: Cyrene Mobs
Cycle: 6100
Return: 5837
Percentage: 95.68%

Mob: Skywraith (Young-Dominant)
Cycle: 410
Return: 368
Percentage: 89.75%

Cycle: 601
Return: 514
Percentage: 85.5%

Mob: Skywraith (Young-Dominant) & Trooper Gen01-03
Cycle: 500
Return: 475
Percentage: 95%

Mob: Trooper Gen07
Cycle: 7100
Return: 7515
Percentage: 105.8%

Cycle: 665
Return: 686
Percentage: 103.15%

Cycle: 550
Return: 580
Percentage: 105.45%

Overall:
Cycle: 18839
Return: 18400
Percentage: 97.66%

Deposit vs Account Value comparison:

(1.0)
4/24/2017
Total Depo: 38040
Difference: -13165

(Begin Loot 2.0)
06/19/2017
Total Depo: 41540
Difference: -14989

08/9/2017
Total Depo: 49221
Difference: -20048

(current)
08/28/2017
Total Depo: 50221
Difference: -19949

Edit From below:

It does not really help that I don't have cycle amounts posted. Lets assume for the first sample, i'm doing 40-50k/month - second half 50-70k/month

Typically, I max out at around 100k a month, but on average, these are OK assumptions.

Last edited:
for me it looks like its about the same for you as before. from first data to second data you depo 3k and lose 2k of it and from second to third you depo 8k and lose 5.1k of it. so always 2/3 of your depo is lost... or im reading your stats wrong?

To get a real sense of what's happening here, it would be super helpful to also post your PEDS cycled :) :)

To get a real sense of what's happening here, it would be super helpful to also post your PEDS cycled :) :)

It does not really help that I don't have that here and does lead to the confusion on the above posted response as well. I wish I had that more thoroughly tracked and will begin to now. Lets assume for the first sample, i'm doing 40-50k/month - second half 50-70k/month

I did say the system was shit ;)

Yesterday run:

Cycled 2500 ped at Ambulimax Young north of Jurra
0 Globals
Loss: 700

3 day loss: 1900 ped

Been considering going back to grinding 100-200 hp mobs;P

On Punies you will cycle your Peds longer..... :laugh::laugh:

I for myself downgradet a little bit. musstn´t use biggest Weapon. My return is ~ 92% (TT) atm. Maybe Mob/Area change will help?

Greetz

On Punies you will cycle your Peds longer..... :laugh::laugh:

I for myself downgradet a little bit. musstn´t use biggest Weapon. My return is ~ 92% (TT) atm. Maybe Mob/Area change will help?

Greetz

Yea that's the tough thing to deal with, I don't think I should go back down to that range...I've finish almost all low end IC's and the markup on lower mobs surely would make this endeavor worse, albeit over a much longer period of time. Right now I seem to be around 93%, but on my cycle, that ends up about -5000 ped/mo.

The point of the game shouldn't be to hunt below your level to slow your bleeding of the same quantity, just over a longer time.

i blasted away 10 hp tabtab on toulan for mission with an armatrix lr 45 + some high fitting amp. one shot everything. tt return over a few thousand kills (>5k) was 110%.

Hey all. So I track my returns fairly well, not as thorough as most but I like to keep tabs on my account value as I hunt. I noticed recently, things have been way worse....to the point of questioning what exactly I am doing wrong, nothing has resulted in any positive returns since 2.0. Hunting 1-2 ped mobs, hunting 3-5, or bigger (rarely), teams, shared loot (the only good loot I had was one Traesk matriarch, but that's really all just luck there eh?) hunted MU, hunted popular spots, hunted barren spots.

Again I have to ask are you buying the ammo for the month or per hunt? I have found that loot return seems to be based on the amount of ammo you have on your at any given time. I would like others to test this.

Again I have to ask are you buying the ammo for the month or per hunt? I have found that loot return seems to be based on the amount of ammo you have on your at any given time. I would like others to test this.

I typically buy ammo for the day, which usually is about 1500 ped worth, then recycle it as I run out. Till it's gone, then I will restock. Boy if I bought for the month up front...wow, that would be anywhere from $5000-9000 USD :p

hunting right now is a losing game.

Playing in general right now with the increase in volatility is just a bad idea in itself.. but hunting for capped returns of 97-98% at best (93-95% more likely), is even more stupid.

Until things are more balanced or the rest of loot 2.0 is released I have no idea why anyone would be shooting a damn thing unless they were getting 106% avg markup or greater.

It's one thing to get skills, but the avg. mid-lvl hunter cycling 150-200k a month is not going to pay $1000 TT per month to do so..

shit is fucked for now.

hunting right now is a losing game.

Playing in general right now with the increase in volatility is just a bad idea in itself.. but hunting for capped returns of 97-98% at best (93-95% more likely), is even more stupid.

Until things are more balanced or the rest of loot 2.0 is released I have no idea why anyone would be shooting a damn thing unless they were getting 106% avg markup or greater.

It's one thing to get skills, but the avg. mid-lvl hunter cycling 150-200k a month is not going to pay $1000 TT per month to do so..

shit is fucked for now.

So same as it was before then? Game way to damn expensive to play. I was seeing nice results with 2.0 and was hopeful. I then made my first deposit in over 1 year and it was gone in about a week (more or less, it's not TOTALLY gone, but I cant' do much anymore) That's about the same experience I had 1 year ago, and why I stopped depositing and playing. I gave it another go, I want to do migration when it's around, and same result. spending hundreds of dollars on a game -- I spent 45 on another MMO and have played it over 1 year almost daily, and have a lot of fun. Nothing beats EU, but shit... 45 vs 1000? Not a tough call there.
Keep fixing it MA, lower the cost you &astards

So I decided to make a casual run on Cyrene for fun, knock out some Zeladoth for the epic mission and a few puny Rhino to relax. Cycled 613 ped, return was 825.

135% return, but % isn't too important on such a small run.

I don't usually do small runs like this, but, hey it worked and it fit my schedule of not wanting to grind too too much as I used to. Maybe I'll stick to this, i'll report back with more, hopefully more positive times in the future.

I will turn this into a tracked hunting log for now.

Mobs: Zeladoth Lambda & Puny Rhinos
Cycle: 613
Return: 825
Percentage: 135.58%

Overall:
Cycle: 2913
Return: 2425
Percentage: 83.24%

Last edited:
Decided to do a decent cycle this weekend on Cyrene as it went well initially. It actually went pretty well, though the results were kind of lame for how many large globals I got. Mistake doing some bigger mobs where were the losses came in, officially stopping that nonsense.

Highlight loots/Run info:

376 Zeladoth Lambda (positive run) -- 2000 ped cycle
341 Tide Claw Alpha (out of an 85 kill run, only other multi was 76 ped -- losses from here) 2100 ped cycle
280 Tide Claw Guardian (positive run...literally 10 kills lol)
152 ped Sky Wraith Mature (1000 ped) Positive (wasted that big multi here!! would have been a 2.5k+ Tide claw alpha)
Puny Rhino (1000 ped) Sub-par

Cycle: 6100
Return: 5837
Percentage: 95.68%

Overall:
Cycle: 9013
Return: 8262
Percentage: 91.66%

I sympathize, OP. My experience has been the same as yours.

As some suggested, downsizing your mob will help stretch your PED out. Personally I haven't seen any difference in my rate of return hunting smaller mobs, just able to cycle longer.

So far my best returns have come from the shared smuggler mechs on Ark.

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I will definitely help test this. I have too much UA right now I need to burn through first but this will be an interesting experiment.

What I can suggest is to stop focusing on tt multipliers. What you should do is focusing on MU. Each mob, save for those extremely grinded (trox, kerb, maff etc) but even those sometimes, has its own opportunities. What you need to asses is how to hunt that mob so the looted MU becomes relevant. (L) or ul, high dps or low dps, short fishing trips or extended grinding etc

Is the only way. Testing is expensive, you need to go through many setups before you find one suitable, but if you find something suitable, don't abbandon because it's not fancy enough, it doesn't swirls often enough or who knows what. +20 ped at the end of the week with some tt saved by some MU is worth more than -2k tt saved by visa.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific but I don't need to. Is more about a certain mindset than a fixed procedure. In the first steps you will anyway "only" manage to reduce the rhytm of depositing.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific but I don't need to. Is more about a certain mindset than a fixed procedure. In the first steps you will anyway "only" manage to reduce the rhytm of depositing.

This is where most ppl fail!

If the testing costs too much, try it on smaller mobs 1st

Cycle: 410
Return: 368
Percentage: 89.75%

Overall:
Cycle: 9423
Return: 8630
Percentage: 91.58%

What I can suggest is to stop focusing on tt multipliers. What you should do is focusing on MU. Each mob, save for those extremely grinded (trox, kerb, maff etc) but even those sometimes, has its own opportunities. What you need to asses is how to hunt that mob so the looted MU becomes relevant. (L) or ul, high dps or low dps, short fishing trips or extended grinding etc

Is the only way. Testing is expensive, you need to go through many setups before you find one suitable, but if you find something suitable, don't abbandon because it's not fancy enough, it doesn't swirls often enough or who knows what. +20 ped at the end of the week with some tt saved by some MU is worth more than -2k tt saved by visa.

Yes, this is why I've run off to Cyrene. Pretty good MU here from mostly all mobs. When I go back to Caly, it's all Trooper till the IC is done!

Cycle: 601
Return: 514
Percentage: 85.5%

Overall:
Cycle: 10024
Return: 9144
Percentage: 91.22%

Small mobs not shaping up too great :/

Mob: Skywraith (Young-Dominant) & Trooper Gen01-03
Cycle: 500
Return: 475
Percentage: 95%

Notable loots: 91 ped Trooper Gen01

Overall:
Cycle: 10524
Return: 9619
Percentage: 91.4%

Back on Caly and first HoF in months!

Cycle: 7100
Return: 7515
Percentage: 105.8%

Notable loots: 648 Trooper Gen07 (top non-shared personal best loot)

Overall:
Cycle: 17624
Return: 17134
Percentage: 97.21%

Cycle: 665
Return: 686
Percentage: 103.15%

Notable loots: 220 Trooper Gen07

Overall:
Cycle: 18289
Return: 17820