Return penalty for using crit buffs

This isn't the first time MA gave us a broken update release.

They won't admit fault. Maybe just a silent fix.

Is it ok for the medium players?

Call me cynical, but if ubers are struggling with the best gear in game, God like skills and huge bank roll, how is that supposed to provide me confidence if I depo £60 which feels like £1000 in the current RL financial pressures of life and drive down of salaries the last 5 years+

I don't view it as Robin Hood VU, I consider whatever changes were made will effect us all. If you don't have that gear maybe more so. Quite frankly I'm frightened to skill, considering how little skill you get for the ped needed to get that skill.

I bought an A106 more out of desperation that I needed it, than affordability. Can I trust it? I don't know. I tried some migration it gave and took it back pretty quick. But I don't trust any hunting, my confidence is at zero.

I'm sick to death of training pets to be honest, lying to myself it will fill the hunting hole I miss. Then there's F** all news from compet despite all the promises of mid August.

You know I've had enough if it all. Whatever way you might want to wrap it up, EU is expensive, far too expensive. The globals get smaller and less frequent, it's become boring as f**, all the entertainment value drained out of grind. It feels like there's nothing to look forward too, other than bullshit losses for everything I touch.

Rather than trying to enjoy the game, all you have is this niggling shit in your brain saying is this going to be more pain (whilst out in the field), even on the day you pay the company.

That's how I feel today, about it all.....just one huge pit of depression.
So I'm going to try not log into EU all weekend, because it's not making me happy.

Rick

if you dont enjoy it, then you should stop. continuing despite you dont like it is a serious sign of gambling addiction.
i do better than before with loot 2.0 and my returns are above 100% tt return over more than 10k kills now, and im not even using a good dpp weapon. in fact im using UL chips without amps so im around 2.875 dpp + the imp ares. as a hint: when you pay attention to the loot of each mob, then you recognize when the average loot is going down. just stop hunting for the next 30 minutes and try again. if its not better, try again in 30 minutes or an hour. and so on. of course you need to pay a little attention while hunting but when you are profitting on most runs at the end, its definitely worth it for me.

I have no idea what most of you are talking about with penalties to crit buffs ect. I simply don't see it.

I am doing so much better than before I am thrilled, and I didn't change a thing, just decaying like I always did, using the same crit stuff/gear ect.

It seems much more stable when I hunt mobs more appropriate to my level and gear. Gun is level 80, combat average is 57, so I finally settled on Eomon olds (74)

I cant recall a point in the game where the same 4k ped lasted me over a month of hunting at least an hour a day (1k ammo per hour) if not many hours a day, killing basically Eomon Olds the entire time (now 6k into silver). I had to chip out a couple of small evade and biotropic chips and sell of a few storage goods to keep it going a couple times on bad dips, but by and large I still have about half of that in all the hides I saved, unsold loot and ammo.

That said I did burn a few k when loot 2.0 hit running around different level mobs trying to see a pattern to loot 2.0 mostly based on trying to match mobs with my skills and gear, but every thing/change in this game costs a little bit to fully understand. LT losses pointed me in the direction of bigger mobs. Feffox stalker losses pointed me down ect. Eomon has been much more stable.

I hope those struggling get some nice corrections, and keep the faith.

Loot 2.0 for me anyhow so far has been a very welcome change, sad to see more aren't feeling the same way.

One day maybe ill see the whole crit buff issue, but with this stability using crit buffs specifically (tons of x and x2 to get rid of, aug ares) the whole time, I am not convinced people are just rushing to judgment prematurely.

Last edited:
if you dont enjoy it, then you should stop. continuing despite you dont like it is a serious sign of gambling addiction.
i do better than before with loot 2.0 and my returns are above 100% tt return over more than 10k kills now, and im not even using a good dpp weapon. in fact im using UL chips without amps so im around 2.875 dpp + the imp ares. as a hint: when you pay attention to the loot of each mob, then you recognize when the average loot is going down. just stop hunting for the next 30 minutes and try again. if its not better, try again in 30 minutes or an hour. and so on. of course you need to pay a little attention while hunting but when you are profitting on most runs at the end, its definitely worth it for me.

my medium lvl opinion :

The 2.0 allowed the medium lvl to play a little longer this is true, simply by removing the unsoldable % items for people like me, due to the high turnover and who finished at TT
( waiting 3/4days for sell items tt+4 wtf )
so yes I play with 1kped more than before And this is a good thing, however my deposits are always consequent because MA always ends up putting you down.:duh:

Rings completely destroy my returns and since the 2.0 I made more HOF 900+ and profitable without RING than with,
having tested it over several weeks, my best was always without Ring :)
Between each big HOF I have a huge crevice and I have to survive up to almost 90% loss in time to be able to recover may be 85%
Since 2.0 deposit 8K+ peds and my pedcard turn around 0 :D

Gl

Last edited:
My return has been a consistently stable 92% tt since maxing fb and increasing dmg% with easter 2016. The swing argument is BS on high turnovers - the tt return always stabilizes itself over around 2 weeks. Of course there can be big hofs that changes things (max 1 time per year these days so not relevant).
So yea my stats still indicate that crit buffs reduce tt return %. It might be the system is trying to compensate giving items it considers rare (have since then looted a204, angel gloves and 2x kinetic amps + some medium esi's), but I would prefer more tt return anytime, as
* still in big minus with them
* difficult to sell as the trust is ruined
* the system does not know rare items nor real MU so likely the compensation is off
* there are many mobs where such a compensation is not possible

As for MA claiming the return is not to be impacted by using crit buffs, have to say I have among other trusts in them lost any belief they fully understand the return system. As with AI learning systems, they can control the input parameters that are exposed but fail to understand how the algorithm impacts wide spectrum of the use cases and loads of configurations out there. If you are a corner case but their average stats say all is good, well good luck to you (and me).
Same goes for not being able to fix the inactives returning and drop by hunters getting good stuff as opposed to avatars being there already for long time - these are things that were probably implemented once but are not in the simple tuning parameters, so no one will touch it as it could break things.

I will do a simple experiment after the migration, 2 weeks with crit buffs and 2 weeks with minimum crit buffs meaning 1 fb has to stay (as viridian is my only real weapon which they screwed up among other things).

Again, feedback from MA wanted on these

* stats and behavior of high turnover hunting indicate that crit buffs lower the tt return % and point out that the loot 2.0 averages for high turnover have a major deviation in real application cases (97% vs 92%) - why? - and "they should not" is not an answer
* explain the scammy nature of having sold and still selling crit buffs and then nullifying their dpp effects / or even screwing them beyond null
* why when returns don't work for you, you are on your own - as supposedly the return system knows best and is bug free - the fact that there are crazy consistent losses does not matter
* why did not go the hinted way of introducing decay for the rings?
* why crit buff items did not get included in the efficiency calculation?
* why imk2 got special treatment on loot 2.0 in terms of efficiency while newer thus more relevant and many times more expensive items got nullified?
* why every unlimited buff had to be terminated if the main imbalance was a limited armor introduced before buff stacking?

My return has been a consistently stable 92% tt since maxing fb and increasing dmg% with easter 2016. The swing argument is BS on high turnovers - the tt return always stabilizes itself over around 2 weeks. Of course there can be big hofs that changes things (max 1 time per year these days so not relevant).
So yea my stats still indicate that crit buffs reduce tt return %. It might be the system is trying to compensate giving items it considers rare (have since then looted a204, angel gloves and 2x kinetic amps + some medium esi's), but I would prefer more tt return anytime, as
* still in big minus with them
* difficult to sell as the trust is ruined
* the system does not know rare items nor real MU so likely the compensation is off
* there are many mobs where such a compensation is not possible

As for MA claiming the return is not to be impacted by using crit buffs, have to say I have among other trusts in them lost any belief they fully understand the return system. As with AI learning systems, they can control the input parameters that are exposed but fail to understand how the algorithm impacts wide spectrum of the use cases and loads of configurations out there. If you are a corner case but their average stats say all is good, well good luck to you (and me).
Same goes for not being able to fix the inactives returning and drop by hunters getting good stuff as opposed to avatars being there already for long time - these are things that were probably implemented once but are not in the simple tuning parameters, so no one will touch it as it could break things.

I will do a simple experiment after the migration, 2 weeks with crit buffs and 2 weeks with minimum crit buffs meaning 1 fb has to stay (as viridian is my only real weapon which they screwed up among other things).

* stats and behavior of high turnover hunting indicate that crit buffs lower the tt return % and point out that the loot 2.0 averages for high turnover have a major deviation in real application cases (97% vs 92%) - why? - and "they should not" is not an answer
* explain the scammy nature of having sold and still selling crit buffs and then nullifying their dpp effects / or even screwing them beyond null
* why when returns don't work for you, you are on your own - as supposedly the return system knows best and is bug free - the fact that there are crazy consistent losses does not matter
* why imk2 got special treatment on loot 2.0 in terms of efficiency while newer thus more relevant and many times more expensive items got nullified?
* why every unlimited buff had to be terminated if the main imbalance was a limited armor introduced before buff stacking?

you test one thing and says how the other thing is affected. that doesnt make any sense. its a new loot algorithm. you cant compare yout loot 1.0 results to loot 2.0 results and say how buffs affect the return. thats a false claim.
to really test it youd need to turn over the same amount and dont use any crit buffs at all. then you can compare both results and see how they are affected. btw. same turnover on same mobs of course or at least same hp category. otherwise those claims of yours are just accusations without any background.
maybe when you do everything the same and lay off your crit buffs ur return will be 88%. and then you see that your crit buffs in fact give you better returns and you do something else horribly wrong.

i did hunt the same eomons in loot 2.0 for more than 2 weeks without the easter 2016 and the tt return was 94.3% - they have not changed. but you will always have an counterargument, that's just how you are. and i will do the test after migration as said. but meanwhile my results indicate what they do, same as high turnover avatars not using any crit buffs.
you test one thing and says how the other thing is affected. that doesnt make any sense. its a new loot algorithm. you cant compare yout loot 1.0 results to loot 2.0 results and say how buffs affect the return. thats a false claim.
to really test it youd need to turn over the same amount and dont use any crit buffs at all. then you can compare both results and see how they are affected. btw. same turnover on same mobs of course or at least same hp category. otherwise those claims of yours are just accusations without any background.
maybe when you do everything the same and lay off your crit buffs ur return will be 88%. and then you see that your crit buffs in fact give you better returns and you do something else horribly wrong.

Already pointed out in post #165 and #196 (also my take on why buffs were not included in efficiency) that no weapons have received any special treatment. It's still exactly the same relative "eco" (dpp in 1.0, efficiency in 2.0) between all the weapons in 2.0 as in 1.0. In practice, crit buff weapons (Scintillators) got lower relative net eco but that's obviously related to crit buffs not being included in efficiency calculation.

As for the rest of your points, sure, would be interesting to hear from MA on those matters however I think most of it (except point 1 and 3 I guess, which I don't really buy anyway but fair enough, it's your takes) boils down to what I touched on in post #196 as well.

Compared to crit buffs everything has had a special treatment. My point is that imk2 has had an advantage since it was introduced (don't know the exact years but you get the timeline difference). Buffs had been here for what, 2-3 years? And nerfed completely. Same kind of happened to other 3 dpp + guns. Imk2 is still not. Why is this relic more special than others? You mentioned that there would be a public outcry. Why? Are imk2 owners something special compared to the easter ring buyers @ 250k + in the recent timeline?

Already pointed out in post #165 and #196 (also my take on why buffs were not included in efficiency) that no weapons have received any special treatment. It's still exactly the same relative "eco" (dpp in 1.0, efficiency in 2.0) between all the weapons in 2.0 as in 1.0. In practice, crit buff weapons (Scintillators) got lower relative net eco but that's obviously related to crit buffs not being included in efficiency calculation.

As for the rest of your points, sure, would be interesting to hear from MA on those matters however I think most of it (except point 1 and 3 I guess, which I don't really buy anyway but fair enough, it's your takes) boils down to what I touched on in post #196 as well.

most likely its indeed lootcomposition that gets influenced by better efficiency/buffs,
cause me solo and in team with wife have hunted eomons all migration and 0 items and 0 esis bigger then 15 ped,and we only use imp ares

it almost looks like there was a change in MA management and they decided that what has been done over the last years (crit buffs in particular) was not good. fine. but you still have to take on the responsibility as it is the same company. at the very least, don't cancel - balance.

it really depends on your tt returns. if they are high enough even the old system would not try to compensate. i kind of assume for me it did this because of 92% which was difficult to achieve before on a high turnover.
if however your tt return is somewhat comparable, i would say indeed likely the buffs try to give MU compensation.
most likely its indeed lootcomposition that gets influenced by better efficiency/buffs,
cause me solo and in team with wife have hunted eomons all migration and 0 items and 0 esis bigger then 15 ped,and we only use imp ares

Compared to crit buffs everything has had a special treatment. My point is that imk2 has had an advantage since it was introduced (don't know the exact years but you get the timeline difference). Buffs had been here for what, 2-3 years? And nerfed completely. Same kind of happened to other 3 dpp + guns. Imk2 is still not. Why is this relic more special than others?
Imk2 is a weapon, crit buffs are not. And as I said they needed to take action against the wide gap in relative eco the crit buffs were causing.

And no, same did not happen to other 3.0+ dpp guns (unless they had a built in crit buff but I repeat, it's the crit buff being nerfed, or rearranged is better wording since it still provides an advantage but in loot composition instead. Not the guns).

Heck in a way you actually could say imk2 has been nerfed since I'm sure it had more than 7% tt return advantage over the 0% efficiency (sub-1.80 effective dpp in loot 1.0) weapons before.

You mentioned that there would be a public outcry. Why? Are imk2 owners something special compared to the easter ring buyers @ 250k + in the recent timeline?
I'm not saying they are more special and I'm not saying there's not an outcry right now, just stating it would have been even bigger if they would have made all weapons having equal effect on tt returns as well. Would you have liked it that way instead? Only thing separating weapons being dps, reload speed and range?

They had to get rid of the tt return impact of the crit buffs. Plain and simple. Gap was too big. Likely they did not realize the impact stacked buffs would have and they ended up with this mess eventually. But I agree, could (should?) have been made in a lot smoother way, perhaps lowering total allowed buff stack (or remove stacking entirely) or similar, for example.

Reactions: cc.
No I would not like to ignore previous "investments" - but even more I don't like some "investments" to be more equal than others.
Think any dpp improvements should have been kept to an extent. A reasonable solution would have been to include the crit buffs in the efficiency calculation or so.
P.S.
having said that, EST advantage should have been eliminated regardless - it was the biggest error in all of this story. the ones using it and advertising it pushed for this change to happen.
Would you have liked it that way instead? Only thing separating weapons being dps, reload speed and range?
But I agree, could (should?) have been made in a lot smoother way

lol, ES was removed from npc, now he want that MA nerf IMK2... what next? Smilgs u bought easter ring after loot 2.0, why? As i see u or comlitly retarded or smartass ever and u hope that after ur cry MA back all FB advantage... This universe dont spin around ur pity ass and ur tt return. May be ur shooters just permanently stealing peds from ur ava but u blame MA in ur failures...

I don't want it, just saying it would be fair if screwing up dpp as such. Or balancing dpp as sold.
btw your avatar just went from writing pure Cyrillic to translit, wonder why - avatar sales? Lithu-russian anyone?
lol, ES was removed from npc, now he want that MA nerf IMK2... what next? Smilgs u bought easter ring after loot 2.0, why? As i see u or comlitly retarded or smartass ever and u hope that after ur cry MA back all FB advantage... This universe dont spin around ur pity ass and ur tt return. May be ur shooters just permanently stealing peds from ur ava but u blame MA in ur failures...

it really depends on your tt returns. if they are high enough even the old system would not try to compensate. i kind of assume for me it did this because of 92% which was difficult to achieve before on a high turnover.
if however your tt return is somewhat comparable, i would say indeed likely the buffs try to give MU compensation.

our tt returns were pretty bad,me solo at 300 globals eomon,not 1 over 1050
so yea,i reckon buffs influence lootcomposition

ares.jpg

Nearly half the value destroyed in just over 1 month.

Heading to 1k by end of the year?!

Any bets?

ares.jpg

Any bets?

I bet the ring would have lost the same value without loot 2.0.

Every item in the game follows that trend, plus summer always comes with a markup loss because much less people play.

A hint: Ares rings took a much bigger hit months before 2.0 was even planned. ;)

I bet the ring would have lost the same value without loot 2.0.

Every item in the game follows that trend, plus summer always comes with a markup loss because much less people play.

A hint: Ares rings took a much bigger hit months before 2.0 was even planned. ;)

yeah their price was hit a bit when the imp ares were dropping lots, but the ares drops had started to slow down considerably so their price was rising/stabilizing again in the few months prior to 2.0's release actually

The essence of this thread: What you're demanding is MA commit to tying their hands based on your/our "investment" decisions. Metaphor coming to mind: You want to jump on a running horse from behind and then get kicked in the gonads by its hooves. And refusing to learn from the pain, you want to do it again and again.

The essence of this event is that MA came up with a new feature sold it for some years and then one day decided to screw up the valuable part of this feature. Meanwhile still selling it.
The essence of this thread: What you're demanding is MA commit to tying their hands based on your/our "investment" decisions. Metaphor coming to mind: You want to jump on a running horse from behind and then get kicked in the gonads by its hooves. And refusing to learn from the pain, you want to do it again and again.

The essence of this event is that MA came up with a new feature sold it for some years and then one day decided to screw up the valuable part of this feature. Meanwhile still selling it.

Yes, and you have been around long enough to know that they have done it many times before and will do in the future as well.

As the saying goes, "EU is dynamic". Its an everlasting balancing act to keep the game going.
Adept or perish. Simple as that. :wise:

ares.jpg

Any bets?

Yes, like countless other items in the game that became obsolete.

It's not like only loot 2.0 caused this.

Evolution renders things obsolete.
Simple as that :wise:

Last edited:

The only appropriate reaction then is to stop buying that which has lost its value to you. Trying to educate a seller by anything else cannot work. Success is then determined by what portion of the crowd actually follows. It is understandably painful when you see they don't, or more even if the seller has made a conscious decision to cater to a different clientele.

Yes, and you have been around long enough to know that they have done it many times before and will do in the future as well.

As the saying goes, "EU is dynamic". Its an everlasting balancing act to keep the game going.
Adept or perish. Simple as that. :wise:

Yes, like countless other items in the game that became obsolete.

It's not like only loot 2.0 caused this.

Evolution renders things obsolete.
Simple as that :wise:

Well I think items are only a gateway to good returns, you’re either chosen or “allowed” to get good returns or you’re not.

However I don’t fully subscribe to total destruction of value in items. There comes a point that confidence to invest in an item is completely destroyed.

There was certainly an implied value in rings, MA used the terms “modified” etc, knowing that we would undoubtedly see value in the name, let alone the buffs.

MA trump their new items now in months, not years. Buy some stables for the new buffs pets will have. Let's now out-trump that with rings. No hold on lets out-trump that with buffed guns and armour.

It comes down to the usual shit; sell them new stuff to do something they could do before, but now need an item.
Sell an illusion that everyone can get more, but really the goal posts have just shifted, there is “no” closer to the ubers.

In my ten or whatever years I’ve been here, I’ve never seen the shining light of profits. Probably paid continuously for others to enjoy not only fantastic fun in game, but the joys of withdraws as well.

However I don’t go for bashing ultra ubers either, politicians love to pit the people against each other and get us to do their dirty work for them. It’s still “all-of-us” against the machine, don’t forget that.

I bought an A106 recently, cost me £130. I still don’t trust it, I still don’t think the system favours it on a long term basis. The game wants my money, regardless what I buy.
Who is the clever one? The person that buys $300K over the life of their ava to buy devaluing kit and get “possible” profits, or the guy that depots $10K and doesn’t? Funny!!!!!

The pressure on high investors of items, must be immense. I don’t think it’s all happy and shiny, I think don’t they sleep very well at night.

What about those people that invested only “recently” on the adjusted weapons, now replaced by much more eco ArMatrix. Did those folks get adequate time on their outlay? I’d be a bit pissed if that was me, because we know that Armatrix unlimited or better is just around the corner.

Looking forward to hearing about these new cool weapons, MA will undoubtedly issue for MM.
But the people won’t shake their head in despair, because greed will rule the day, and some idiot will pay 50K for something with a lifespan of what….. 2 months.

It’s not like the old days where a Mod fap owner had 10 years of value in their item.
New stuff now has a lifespan of months. That is the impression that I see anyhow. Not including the other Planet Partner new stuff as well.

Sure we might stick around in an unhappy relationship, but you know even a cuddle now and then won’t repair the emotional love after a while. The saddest part there is long term players, keep the game going.

Hey-ho; it is what it is. Onwards and upwards, we are still here. All of us take it on the chin, let’s not single people out for attack.

Rick

Rick, you overlook one very simple fact.
MA doesn't set those ridiculous high item prices.
They just throw us stuff and we put a price on it.

And afterwards we blame MA that those(ridiculous) prices crash.

Unfair?

Reactions: San
Rick, you overlook one very simple fact.
MA doesn't set those ridiculous high item prices.
They just throw us stuff and we put a price on it.

And afterwards we blame MA that those(ridiculous) prices crash.

Unfair?

Sure they do....lol
They're selling a dream.

Let's take the resto chips for example.
The TT value for the mats is what 50K ped to get the mod resto?

MA could've let us all have one for 5K peds.....right?

But they know damn well that every new one claimed means more in circulation. There's only a limit number of people prepared to pay the initial asking price. Anyway more claimed, means more supply, which equates to devaluation.

The mission will die eventually when it's cheaper to buy second hand. Then rather than reduce the price (because the community will scream). MA will extend the mission to perfected resto chip, that the owners of the Mod will be forced to upgrade in an attempt to salvage the investment in their Mod.

Laughing because after years here, we start to think like MA as well.

It's just a game, keep smiling.

Rick

Rick, you bring up the A106 amp you purchased often.

You could just use the thing for what it is, an amp. I have one, as well as other A10x amps, been using them for years, even if the mu goes to TT, Its probably paid for itself several times over in doing what it does, adding more damage.

In the new loot system, I haven't noticed it severely altering loot. Not that I am a fan of the new loot system, but hell, its just an amp, I'd not get rid of it even if the Mu went to shit. slap it on something you need the extra damage for.

Rick, you bring up the A106 amp you purchased often.

You could just use the thing for what it is, an amp. I have one, as well as other A10x amps, been using them for years, even if the mu goes to TT, Its probably paid for itself several times over in doing what it does, adding more damage.

In the new loot system, I haven't noticed it severely altering loot. Not that I am a fan of the new loot system, but hell, its just an amp, I'd not get rid of it even if the Mu went to shit. slap it on something you need the extra damage for.

Well the main reason for buying it (or more to lock it in) was because I figured there's more value in amps than unlimited guns right now. So I've got it for when I decide to use it, on more eco L.

I've had some ups and downs with it. It's just the manual triggering of the loot waves that I need to get used to. you know those occasions where they wait for you to pull off the hunt, then turn the wave on. It can feel personal even if they "say" the system is auto.....who knows. smiles :)

Still I had a good evening in a JB team few days ago, so it's not all sadness.

Anyway in the corner of my mind, I wonder if a new wave of amps are coming with less TT (meaning more eco).
I wouldn't bet my house on that not happening. but I've only got £130 at risk, lost more on rings to be fair.

it's cool, I know how it rolls and live with it.

Good luck out there, going out for some lunch.

Rick

Back