Allow me to zoom further into my game's map

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
I'm not sure how hard it would be for you guys to implement this but I have for a long time often felt I could not zoom far enough into my map, so I would really appreciate having the ability to zoom one "notch" further into it.

I'm not sure how hard it would be for you guys to implement this but I have for a long time often felt I could not zoom far enough into my map, so I would really appreciate having the ability to zoom one "notch" further into it.

YES Please!
The map tools on this game are so,
so...
ninteen eighty-ish!

A Google maps type interface is which goes from radar level down to the level where you can see your car in street view is what we are all accustomed to irl. No reason such a system couldn't be integrated in to a mmo 3d based game that has a camera that the devs can control.

Basically instead of the interface now that exists, use a vehicle type camera and overlay it with coordinate waypoints, etc. like you really see in game when you first tp in from space in a real flying vehicle.

A Google maps type interface is which goes from radar level down to the level where you can see your car in street view is what we are all accustomed to irl. No reason such a system couldn't be integrated in to a mmo 3d based game that has a camera that the devs can control.

Basically instead of the interface now that exists, use a vehicle type camera and overlay it with coordinate waypoints, etc. like you really see in game when you first tp in from space in a real flying vehicle.

This could take server load... And we all know how the servers hold up at times :)

I am already quite glad the player cursor and all other icons on the minimap and map are moving in real time (no longer those pings every x fractions of a second)

I wouldn't ask for a "live terrain" view, but a bigger resolution and a bit more detail would be awesome, and your arguement ideal! Would love to have such a map.

This could take server load... And we all know how the servers hold up at times :)

I am already quite glad the player cursor and all other icons on the minimap and map are moving in real time (no longer those pings every x fractions of a second)

I wouldn't ask for a "live terrain" view, but a bigger resolution and a bit more detail would be awesome, and your arguement ideal! Would love to have such a map.
An overhaul with a new modernized map system like this could be cool some day down the line but I agree that it could add quite a bit of server load, for now I'd just like to be able to zoom in a bit further into my map since I feel like I can't zoom in quite far enough into it.

it could take some server load, but on the other hand, if they made the map a page by itself instead of an overlay, it'd be no more server load than using the regular ol avatar flying around since the map camera would simply replace the one your avatar uses.

If they do it as a prebake thing with several sets of resolution, it'd not take much load at all.

As far as I know, current map is an orthographic cam overlay.
Therefor, it runs 100% on your machine as your pc always knows where you are ingame

Back