Question: [POLL] How are you doing since loot 2.0 was introduced?

How is your loot?

• Better

Votes: 46 31.7%
  • Worse

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • Same

Votes: 42 29.0%

• Total voters
Just wanna say that statistically as we get closer to 33%/33%/33% it means that loot 2.0 has little to no effect on people's returns.

I wasn't expecting this kind of null result, which means MA has a lot of room to improve when they get back from vacation.

As pointless as this thread has been I hope we can all relax a bit (myself guilty and included).

Good luck :beerchug:

No offense meant, but the poll was a bit meaningless to begin with. You used highly subjective terms, for start. Some people might consider 92% "good" returns while others see it as terrible.

Also, returns are meaningless without knowing the turnover, mob, gear, and a whole host of other factors.

Some people might have only gone on a few casual hunts post-2.0 and coincidentally gotten decent returns and so decided returns under 2.0 are better. Others may coincidentally be down a few percent and have deemed 2.0 a disaster.

Some people I've spoken with claim they are getting good returns and when I ask them for details such as turnover, return rate, etc, they don't even know because they don't log, they just "feel" like the returns are better.

The 33/33/33 split is what I would expect from a poll without clearly defined parameters and with no real data to go on.

What is subjective about better, worse or equal? 91% is better than 90%. Maybe the problem is people don't really know.

But yes, pointless, I said it myself. Tried to counter all the whining but I see it is futile.

What is subjective about better, worse or equal? 91% is better than 90%. Maybe the problem is people don't really know.

But yes, pointless, I said it myself. Tried to counter all the whining but I see it is futile.

Yea I hear ya. Granted the terms are relative, but still without actual data it could mean anything. I can go out on one hunt and get better returns than before.

Also I have only been here about a year, but from what I've seen the whining is always present. There was plenty of whining before 2.0 also.

Yea I hear ya. Granted the terms are relative, but still without actual data it could mean anything. I can go out on one hunt and get better returns than before.

Also I have only been here about a year, but from what I've seen the whining is always present. There was plenty of whining before 2.0 also.

Ok, I get what you mean now. You are probably are right.

Sadly yes, non-stop high octane whining has been here since the start.

Ok, I get what you mean now. You are probably are right.

Sadly yes, non-stop high octane whining has been here since the start.

I am a middle level avatar, and with loot 1.0 bankruptcy was secure. Now I feel that loot has improved for me. Which is fair, because mid-level avatars have given a lot for the game but with loot 1.0 always the game asked for more.

Some people I've spoken with claim they are getting good returns and when I ask them for details such as turnover, return rate, etc, they don't even know because they don't log, they just "feel" like the returns are better.

That's likely true. Been there, done that regarding logs in every respect possible.

Now I will make a run, tt some resources, auction some resources, repair, restock, repeat.

If my ped card balance keeps getting larger should I not vote because I don't keep a detailed log?

CO

loot 2.0 for mee....

25000ped withdrawn

GL

we need a mindark 2.0 :laugh:

No offense meant, but the poll was a bit meaningless to begin with. You used highly subjective terms, for start. Some people might consider 92% "good" returns while others see it as terrible.

Yes highly subjective. I voted worse simply because I hunt for mob specific loot. Since loot 2.0 the loot I usually hunt for has been turned down so low I deem in not worth my time to hunt for it anymore. So to me, doesn't matter the TT return, if the mobs I normally hunt are not yielding the specific loot I need anymore, then I consider loot as being worse.

I would have thought that a high turnover on Tiarak could not be good since they are only available on taxed areas.
Well, not true.
The untaxed spawn however, is kinda tricky--all maturities mixed in the same area. What makes it tricky, with Tiarak the difference between young and stalker is like heaven and earth. Young is harmless without armor and with any weapon suited for killing stalkers a young or mature are one-shot kills. Meaning, it's a perfect setup for a constant overkill.
Then there's the armor problem. Stalker hits pretty hard, so either you take it down fast or you'll need armor for it, and a good armor at that--which also means lot of armor decay going waste with all the small fry gnawing at it. (Now with loot 2.0 that one isn't a such big problem any more).
Last but not least, the bigger Tiarak has pretty big aggro range. The spawn isn't really that dense, it's all manageable but most people tend to behave like an elephant in a porcelain store--rush blindly in, aggro everything at once and then whine about the evil MA sending hordes of mobs upon them on purpose! Which is kinda true ofc, no doubt it's all by design... :laugh:

Anyway, the above helps to explain--I suppose--why there's often pretty good returns for those hunters who know how to behave, have the right gear and know how to use it. That kind of spawns are quite taxing thou, it's hard to keep it up for long. A self-regulating system...

91.6% tt return at this moment, around -15k in august so far including MU (with a204 looted and sold)

Try hunting smaller mobs.

Or mining.

Mining is pure profit.

Well, not true.
The untaxed spawn however, is kinda tricky--all maturities mixed in the same area. What makes it tricky, with Tiarak the difference between young and stalker is like heaven and earth. Young is harmless without armor and with any weapon suited for killing stalkers a young or mature are one-shot kills. Meaning, it's a perfect setup for a constant overkill.
(trimmed...)

Wait, you're talking about area 3, right? I could have sworn that was taxed... hm, will have to revisit.

But yes, you're right, it's a tough spawn because of the huge difference in maturities. I typically would prefer to hunt the lower ones naked, but the stalkers will rip your face off. So you pretty much have to stay in armor or very carefully cherry-pick. And like you said, have a variety of weapons.

Back