Does weapon damage type mean anything against mobs?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
It makes sense that different types of weapon damage would have an impact in PvP, but does it mean anything against mobs?

If the answer is yes, how do you know what type of damage is most effective against a particular mob?

I don't think it matters, but it should...

Make the ice weapons do twice as much damage vs fire dragons, etc.

Feffoid, take this flaming sword that will do 3x damage to you...

Whips being used to tame things is a nice ability, but so much more could be done with the game on the 'other uses' for weapons...

Gas monster in the swamp? Lets pull out some explosives!

Last edited:
Ssshh .. Dont give em any nerfing ideas......

I'm pretty sure it only matters in PVP areas. Different weapon damage vs armor

It makes sense that different types of weapon damage would have an impact in PvP, but does it mean anything against mobs?

If the answer is yes, how do you know what type of damage is most effective against a particular mob?

It couldn't under v1. It would change up all the eco calculations...your good weapon would only be good against one type of mob.

But now, under v2, it might actually be possible. It sounds fun, but it might take too many resources to implement. It's worth thinking about.

If you look at it, EU is the most simple RPG I ever played.

Other games have armor classes on mobs, so it matters which weapon you use, not in EU.
Other games have vulnurable mobs, so it matters which weapon you use, not in EU.
Well at least it matters which armor to use, as the mobs have different DMG.

Only thing where it matters which weapon to use in EU is PvP
:)

This is what I suspected, but I saw a video from Mikael on YT in which she claimed it made a difference. It didn't make any sense so I thought I'd ask a second opinion.

If you look at it, EU is the most simple RPG I ever played.

Other games have armor classes on mobs, so it matters which weapon you use, not in EU.
Other games have vulnurable mobs, so it matters which weapon you use, not in EU.
Well at least it matters which armor to use, as the mobs have different DMG.

Only thing where it matters which weapon to use in EU is PvP
:)

Actually, considering the new loot 2.0 system is nearly entirely based on input cost when it comes to output value, they could realistically implement lots of stuff like this now if they wanted to, which they have hinted at possibly doing in their statements surrounding the release of loot 2.0

Hopefully they bring us some cool stuff. :)

examples of buffs/attributes which would be fun/interesting but not overpowered in the current system:
10% more damage versus robot creatures
5% more efficiency versus insect creatures

Back