Concept idea for uber shop items

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Concept idea for items.

Not necessary for EU, could be another game MA might want to invent.

Say the game had an uber shop, selling everything from guns armour, heal tools, mining etc.

The shop sold an uber fap for say $100 (lets say it did 100 HP heals)
At any time you can sell that FAP back to the shop for $80

The game will make $20 if you sold it back, but you had use from it.
People might even dump for quick peds for ammo, and hope to buy another back later.

However…..

Each uber item you buy from the shop has a target counter 0% - 100%
Once you achieve 100% from using it, you can trade it back to the shop for the next uber item.

Let’s say you’ve now got that fap to 100%, and want fap version 2 with 150 HP heals.

The shop sells it for $150
But will give you $110 for the fap version 1 you paid $100 for.
You pay a further $40 for the fap version 2

At any time you can sell fap two back to the shop for say $110
The game made $40 if you did that.
But would be back to zero and would need to buy Fap version 1 to start again.

MA make money on sales, people have confidence on some TT value at the shop at any time.
The idea promotes growth to gain bigger items.

What do you think?

Rick

Not really a fan of uber shop items in general, half the fun of getting an uber item is looting it :D

That said, I do like the sell-back idea for both company and player

thats a good way if you want to destroy the whole economy. what use is there for items to be crafted / stuff to be bought when you can get everything from tt? Oo

thats a good way if you want to destroy the whole economy. what use is there for items to be crafted / stuff to be bought when you can get everything from tt? Oo

Sure, although lets look at the reality of the situation.

Who actually loots the stuff? Been here 10+ years did a ton of hunting, never looted any uber items (did loot some nice ESI's though).

What if you looted a version 4 fap, and jumped over version 1,2,3 for example. then you can upgrade it to version 5 at the shop? That might work.

The issue is confidence in item values, with guaranteed resale price. Do you want to pay $20K for a fap, if next month there's something new in game devaluing that fap to say $5K

This current illusion of value in items is a myth, you've only got to look at the sales charts of nearly everything in game to see that.

However the L market would still have value to those that don't want to pay $100 for something.
Or include upgrade mats like resto missions.

The idea is it's similar to what MA has got now for upgrades, but more reasonable prices, levels of advancement, and guaranteed sell back prices.

It's selling confidence, rather than selling risk.

Anyway, I appreciate the balance has to be right for items in game already. but it might be a great idea for mini EU RCE game on tablet.

Rick

Upgradeable harrier armor and webshop guns, still user bound of course

The issue is confidence in item values, with guaranteed resale price. Do you want to pay $20K for a fap, if next month there's something new in game devaluing that fap to say $5K

This current illusion of value in items is a myth, you've only got to look at the sales charts of nearly everything in game to see that.

Eh, I mean.. do the people who spend that much on a video game actually care if it's lost?

Maybe this is my ignorance, but I assumed that the players spending $20k on faps or $50k on guns or $100k on armor are just ridiculously rich and losing it wouldn't mean much to them. I mean it sure seems like an incredibly stupid place to put money that actually matters to you; I assumed everyone knew that...

We already have the auction, we have shops. So I don't see any added value in your idea.

Maybe you should just start a pawnshop instead...:rolleyes:

Terrible idea, purchasing items directly from MA is a big no and harms the game.

Feels like some kind of dejavu. Think I've said this before to you rick. Stop feeding them stupid ideas, they actually listen to the stupid ones :beerchug:

They should fix the enhancers to give more value of high tiered items over L one at least or when you add matts to a tiered weapon to give it more TT value at least with the TT of the mats you use to tier it up !

Back