Neomex Cave Instance Tweaked, Unlimited Mindforce Amps Remain Undiscovered...

Create a team with only yourself, enter the instance, close the team ...done :)

There is an option to make an instance for yourself if entering in a team (you can be alone in that team).

//L

Ok, yeah I did not know that, thanks for the information :)

is this the reason why its a shared loot mob? everyone has the same chance of looting the gland.
and what about if a player wants to stay at a certain maturity because it fits its hunting style best and another guy upgrades it anyway? should that be reported also?
just get your own instance if you dont like the way others hunt / play.

You really are missing the point here or you cannot see the difference in hunting and abusing the system. Yes, it is a shared mob that is spawning as a boss, but idling at boss spawn and waiting for others to pay for boss to spawn cannot be called a "hunting style", since it is pure exploitation of other players ammo spent.

You cannot say that "everyone has the same chance of looting the gland". By doing this boss idling exploiting, of course the one just standing near boss spawn have higher chance of looting the gland since the player has a higher chance of dealing more damage to the boss.

My case that I witnessed this happened it was a player that did this just to piss another player off and he taunted that player in a harsh matter and telling him how much money he made by him (and me) killing of mobs while he looted the glands nearly for free.

Too bad I forgot the name of that awful avatar, since I really never remember avatars names.

I think it is sad that this sort of behaviour is starting to become more common for each year. I know that Mindark might not have the resources to monitor and act when players are abusing this game, but we as a community should not accept it and "just get your own instance if you dont like the way others hunt / play." as a solution to others being assh*les and ruining the game.

Last edited:
Ok, yeah I did not know that, thanks for the information :)

You really are missing the point here or you cannot see the difference in hunting and abusing the system. Yes, it is a shared mob that is spawning as a boss, but idling at boss spawn and waiting for others to pay for boss to spawn cannot be called a "hunting style", since it is pure exploitation of other players ammo spent.

You cannot say that "everyone has the same chance of looting the gland". By doing this boss idling exploiting, of course the one just standing near boss spawn have higher chance of looting the gland since the player has a higher chance of dealing more damage to the boss.

My case that I witnessed this happened it was a player that did this just to piss another player off and he taunted that player in a harsh matter and telling him how much money he made by him (and me) killing of mobs while he looted the glands nearly for free.

Too bad I forgot the name of that awful avatar, since I really never remember avatars names.

I think it is sad that this sort of behaviour is starting to become more common for each year. I know that Mindark might not have the resources to monitor and act when players are abusing this game, but we as a community should not accept it and "just get your own instance if you dont like the way others hunt / play." as a solution to others being assh*les and ruining the game.

using EST armors was an exploit? hunting on waves only was an exploit? using crit items to easily profit pre loot 2.0 was an exploit? i think people should stop calling every method of profiting an exploit. and i dont think that someone who dealt more damage to a shared loot mob has a higher chance of looting a 0.01 ped item. especially not considering mob hp and weapons used. people just get angry when others profit. looting glands only while idling there is a service that is provided. there are lots of people who dont want to shoot through each stage every time just to get to the highest level. especially as thats not even possible, depending on number of hunters. so without people who idle at the boss and collect glands for selling purposes those people wont have the chance to play as they want.
what if they only want to play the highest level of the instance for the full instance duration? thats not possible if you guys want to always upgrade it instantly after receiving the gland. maybe all these narrow minded people should widen their horizon and start seeing the game through other people eyes as well.

looting glands only while idling there is a service that is provided. there are lots of people who dont want to shoot through each stage every time just to get to the highest level. especially as thats not even possible, depending on number of hunters. so without people who idle at the boss and collect glands for selling purposes those people wont have the chance to play as they want.
what if they only want to play the highest level of the instance for the full instance duration? thats not possible if you guys want to always upgrade it instantly after receiving the gland. maybe all these narrow minded people should widen their horizon and start seeing the game through other people eyes as well.

Can't believe I've just read that....
Thugs might provide a service too - and thieves stealing to order as well (cars, art, whatever...).

edit: Maybe more communication is required in instances where upgrades are made, but two wrongs don't make a right... (cliche which I hardly ever use! )
I'd have thought people would only upgrade team instances and invite in anyone willing to go up a level or so.... but just grabbing something you can.... because you can in an open instance... is crazy!

Last edited:
Can't believe I've just read that....
Thugs might provide a service too - and thieves stealing to order as well (cars, art, whatever...).

edit: Maybe more communication is required in instances where upgrades are made, but two wrongs don't make a right... (cliche which I hardly ever use! )
I'd have thought people would only upgrade team instances and invite in anyone willing to go up a level or so.... but just grabbing something you can.... because you can in an open instance... is crazy!

stealing would imply that the other person has no chance to win it in the first place, but thats simply not true. in 50% of the cases when doing it with 2 persons the other guy is getting it and not me.

stealing would imply that the other person has no chance to win it in the first place, but thats simply not true. in 50% of the cases when doing it with 2 persons the other guy is getting it and not me.

well, I'm reminded of your very good lottery ticket comparison from another thread. It might be like taking some tickets or scratchcards someone else has 'earnt'.
To be honest, it is not that different from hunting waves in some ways - if you jump in when the odds go up, you lower the chances for someone killing and looting steadily.
In this case, however, the mob actually appears in the form of a boss - like a sign saying here is whoever's chance at a bonus.

It could also be a mob or a tameable rare pet mob which spawns in the wild too, except that MA throws that out over a wider area and players won't know who 'paid for' the spawn event. The closer it gets to being clear, however, the less I like it.

Edit: when the cave was new I got a couple of bosses without knowing how many kills were required, or a timer, or whatever... I then moved away, though, and let someone else run to the spot even if I was still closer - and I was killing normal mobs too, so doing some kind of earning the boss spawn as well.
After that I decided to leave, but returned to spawn my own instance at the weekend after the post saying the frquency had changed, and I very much hope the boss spawns fairly in individual instances....

Last edited:
The only complaint I have about this instance really is the lack of mobs if more than one person is in their and the fact the boss mobs are too weak and no fun to shoot.

I came back after another break from the game and went in over two days to check out the public instance. What I found was virtually no-one goes in the public and when they do it improves loot but does not really spoil the instance to a large degree.

I had one guy who did idle a while at boss after I had been grinding and he half killed the boss mob. When I got there I manage to get a few shots off and still got the gland. I hof'd in their too, got shrooms blah blah.

In fact I do have a pet hate about it and that is because the mob and its loot pool is just a tweaked Marcimex instead of something new and fresh.

Please turn on lootable pvp in Neomex shared loot instances :wtg:

Please turn on lootable pvp in Neomex shared loot instances :wtg:

What a glorious idea ? really.? ah you whant that noone does it anymore.. !!!

to be serious...

if the ppl are only afraid of not beeing part when others are camping the boss ( which is not correct imo) then
they it looks like the beginning of the feffi cave north of pa..

ppl waited at the crystal (mostly starters ,lazy ones,and "game cheater") until the real hunters wiped them out..
-->the only solution was to let the feffi cave only doable with solo instance...

.)also maybe check at cave entry start where the boss is and hunt from there?
.)go into the instance with a 2 man team or similiar?

other directon thinking..
.)maybe the spawn location of the boss should be like nearby from the HUNTERS position...(e.g. 40 metres nearby)

.) or make a countdown when the boss message is there so that hunters have enought time to arrive at the location

.) i dunno about loot calculation, but maybe give only better loot to ppl which hunted the "little" ones before, so that the one only waiting for the boss only receives Shrapnel..

Eddie

... i dunno about loot calculation, but maybe give only better loot to ppl which hunted the "little" ones before, so that the one only waiting for the boss only receives Shrapnel..

Eddie

Nice post!
On your last suggestion: yes, there could be some kind of tracking mechanism like with missions that follows how many little ones a person or team has killed. We know from recent missions that a trigger can be set after a certain number of mining finds, for example, so maybe have bosses spawn a bit more often with the probability of the bonus loot to any player increased incrementally based on kills, then reset for the player/team if successful. That would still be a somewhat random event, but have a pretty fixed average in terms of handing out rewards...

So guys was just wondering if anyone else has ever entered the cave in a fresh instance and have a high end boss already spawned ?

I just logged on, made my solo team and entered a fresh instance and a Ravager Elite boss was spawned with the weak mobs..

First time that its happened for me, what about you guys ?

yea, had that happen too.

So guys was just wondering if anyone else has ever entered the cave in a fresh instance and have a high end boss already spawned ?

I just logged on, made my solo team and entered a fresh instance and a Ravager Elite boss was spawned with the weak mobs..

First time that its happened for me, what about you guys ?

yea, had that happen too.

Thank goodness, I would hate to have to cycle through killing all the trash to get to the final boss :laugh:

Ok, noob question alert: where is this Neomex Cave instance and how do I get in?
I also tried to find these Marcimex and I got into that Cyclops Depth cave but saw nothing but Thorifoid.
Or do I first have to slay all of those before I get to the Marcimex?
Couldn't find any guide for these instance things...

Like I said, noob question ;)

Ok, noob question alert: where is this Neomex Cave instance and how do I get in?
I also tried to find these Marcimex and I got into that Cyclops Depth cave but saw nothing but Thorifoid.
Or do I first have to slay all of those before I get to the Marcimex?
Couldn't find any guide for these instance things...

Like I said, noob question ;)

For Neomex Cave you must first complete the "Missing Scientist" mission.

from patch notes:
"Missing Scientist mission at Cape Corinth, talk to the NPC “Mehdi Daniels”"

For Marcimex, you need to get to the lower area of Cyclops Depths which involves fighting through a few thorifoids to get to, although you can usually run past them, including the two very annoying bosses.

Thanks Darkaruki!

Back