ArMatrix Laser - Efficiency

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Efficiency is king, above anything else....right?

Take a peek at this for the laser series:

Efficiency in brackets without any attachments, amps etc

ArMatrix LR-10 (61.9)
ArMatrix LR-15 (62.1)
ArMatrix LR-20 (62.3)
ArMatrix LR-25 (62.4)
ArMatrix LR-30 (63.0)
ArMatrix LR-35 (63.7)
ArMatrix LR-40 (64.2)
ArMatrix LR-45 (64.5)
ArMatrix LR-50 (65.0)
ArMatrix LR-55 (65.4)
ArMatrix LR-60 (65.8)
ArMatrix LR-65 (66.2)
ArMatrix LR-70 (66.5)
ArMatrix LR-75 (67.0)
ArMatrix LR-80 (67.3)
ArMatrix LR-85 (68.2)
ArMatrix LR-90 waiting for one on auction to get info.
ArMatrix LR-95 (69.0)
ArMatrix LR-100 (69.5)
ArMatrix LR-105 (69.9)

A Mod Merc is (69.7), and you would need 10/10 anyway on it, so I guess once at Pro Level 105, you can run a LR-105 and out perform a Mod Merc. Sure there's MU on the L, but we can shoot with the same expected outcome and confidence in the items, I would imagine.

Even mid level, Pro level 60 is getting pretty close to the top guns.

Personally I'm not prepared to run any weapon that isn't above 60% eco rating moving forward.

Rick

The numbers looks good on paper of course, but the person reasonable for the loot return probably had no idea that attachments you add to the guns, need returns to repair them.

Rick

I am starting to think that efficiency is highly overrated and not worth chasing higher percentage than 60%. At least not paying more markup to gain some few percentage efficiency. Anyone else feel the same way? :(

Maybe it will feel more worth it when (and if) the markup on hunting loot starts picking up due to less supply. :scratch2:

Need to do the math on the return % avg increase (0% eff to 100% eff = 7% return avg difference) vs the extra costs of the markup vs the alternative/alternative's markup/alternative's eff

Probably will need some sort of calculator for this :laugh:

With that said, they can be good I think, it just depends what the cost of the markup is and what alternatives you have available to you.

Need to do the math on the return % avg increase (0% eff to 100% eff = 7% return avg difference)

You have a wrong hypothesis to begin with. 7% is not the avg difference, is the impact of eff, together with "other factors". That is, if a theoretical minimum loot is 25% and a theoretical maximum is 100000%, efficiency has a 7% importance among the factors which determine the actual result. To simplify the image, if we have a parliament voting on the level of tax in a country and a party has 7% of the parliamentary seats, it doesn't mean that it can increase or decrease the level of tax with 7%.

I saw nowhere a statement that efficiency improves loot tt, only that it affects it. What it does affect directly is the loot composition.

My working current meta is that:

1. efficiency increases volatility (e.g. number of tries needed to reach the average return)
2. amplifiers increase directly the efficiency and the volatility again (and cost a shitload)
3. for low scale hunters (that is, budgets under a good few k ped), shrapnel is preferable than diversified loot, especially on exotic mobs where even some paint cans might be problematic considering also the cost of transport to caly, let aside items with MU and significant tt
4. efficiency decreases cost to kill, hence decreases average size of tt/loot event, hence decreases the chance to loot items with MU (as opposed to stackables, where it increases, but see pt3.), even if on paper it should increase the chance to loot item instead of shrapnel
5. any kind of reload buff increases volatility and any kind of crit buff increases effective dpp (hence further lowering the tt/loot event)
6. efficiency seem to be a competitive stat (e.g. it is important what eff have other players in the same mob/spawn/market of item)
7. low efficiency (circa 50%) only show the naked truth, that is constant 90% and mostly shrapnel (that is low volatility)
8. for the moment efficiency is a prison without possibility to have different options (e.g. lvl25 hit is stuck with maximum X efficiency nomatter what)
9. the personal point that I lost on hunting everything I made with mining and some depos on top, and I never saw spikes up in loot, only runs like 75% 90% 95% 105% 110% 75% 75% etc

My conclusion is that for the moment the whole hunting itself is broken (especially considering 4.) and work in progress and I shouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Following what hunting I did with a range of items from 56eff to 69eff, I guestimate that for my favourite mobs (600 to 1k hp) I need roughly a budget of about 3-4k ped as liquid cash and 2-3k stuck in permanent setup and (L) weps. And then some luck. If I would have again that budget, I would stick to mining instead of being a moron. (No, I don't imply that players who hunt are morons, but that me in my particular context was, and a shining one while at it).

Last edited:
Back