New Currency or Token (EUD)

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Entropia Universe Dollar (EUD) as an abstraction for Game Bound

1 PED = 1 EUD (from system perspective)

The idea here is to set up a new currency/token that is trade able between players. However it cannot be TT'ed or withdrawn from the game i.e. it would be "game bound" and would have to stay in the system.

The purpose of this currency/token would be to convert SI (Structural Integrity) from motherships/privateers into new currency EUD. Also for removing tiers from items into EUD.

EUD could then be used for improving SI (Structural integrity), tiering items but at a cost. The cost would be a small fee for MA just as there is for chipping skills. Also this would have to be carefully balanced so as to make it beneficial to do this but not upset the normal method of tiering/improving SI.

So essentially EUD would be a game mechanic to transfer costs that are user bound or item bound between players and items. This transferability would be beneficial for everyone. For MA as they get additional income from this new system. For sellers of items as they get to recover their costs spent on SI improvements, tiering etc. For buyers as they get another route to improve SI or tier items.

As long as this is balanced this would make it fairer for everyone. Currently players can loose a lot in tiering items and not recovering those costs when selling their items.

----------------------​

This same philosophy could be applied to user bound items and allowing them to be converted into EUD. However, not to sure about user bound items as that would need to be carefully balanced. The real purpose of user bound items to me is to have funds game bound rather than user bound.

This would benefit developers as players would need to repeat missions or tasks to get the user bound item again if they need it in the future. Hence, accruing additional funds for them.

However, the downside is for user bound items it's only a one way process i.e. user bound items could be converted to EUD but doesn't really make sense to have EUD convertible to a user bound item? or does it? :scratch2: I mean if it was at a more costly price it would it work?

Although 1 PED = 1 EUD (i.e. how the system would treat it) EUD may have a value greater or lower than PED as they would be trade able between players and market driven. Which is another reason why it may not be wise to allow conversion of user bound items to EUD so as not to crash the EUD market. So perhaps could be done in stages, e.g. tiering and SI first and once the market has stabilised then allow user bound items to also be converted.

One solution to some of the problems could be to have different coloured EUD that are then used only within their own area i.e. tiering EUD could be green and are only used in tiering, SI EUD could be red and are only used for SI improvements etc

or instead of different colours different names as well as colours e.g. REUD = Red Entropia Universe Dollar. The images on these coins/tokens could also be different REUD - for SI may have mothership, GEUD - for tiering may have a gun etc

SID Structual Integrety Dollar?

Back