Info: Avatar Regeneration Revisited

Immortal

Slayer
Society
cK Coat Killers
Hadlen Immortal Deity
Let a Carabok Puny murder me for 20mins while digging up a claim
110 hits over 20min. (20 attacks per min confirmed via attack animation vs driller frequency 19/min)
110/400=27.5% hit rate
2 crits=2/110=1.8%
Total Dmg: 269.3
After 20 min I killed it then healed.
Total value of heal:18.0hp

Therefore I regenned 269.3-18=251.3hp in 20 minutes (actually ~21)

251.3/21=11.97 hp/min
11.77/my health=11.97/237.8=5.03%

Conclusion: Before buffs, you heal 5% hp per min or 12hp/min

Edit: Confirmed from this thread: 12hp/min

Consequences: Regeneration rings are relatively more beneficial to low hp avatars

Last edited:
Isn't it actually a fixed rate of 4hp/20s ?:scratch2:

I'm not sure the exact amount but yes, it is not a fixed percentage. If it were, the advantage of those pushing 400 HP compared to 88 HP n00bs would be huge.

Let a Carabok Puny murder me for 20mins while digging up a claim
110 hits over 20min. (20 attacks per min confirmed via attack animation vs driller frequency 19/min)
110/400=27.5% hit rate
2 crits=2/110=1.8%
Total Dmg: 269.3
After 20 min I killed it then healed.
Total value of heal:18.0hp

Therefore I regenned 269.3-18=251.3hp in 20 minutes (actually ~21)

251.3/21=11.97 hp/min
11.77/my health=11.97/237.8=5.03%

Conclusion: Before buffs, you heal 5% hp per min.

bad way to make that conclusion.. do it w/o buffs

Let me guess... you have 240 hp? :)

read op, immo is a noob with 237.8 hp xD

I tried to search this forum for any data. I thought it had been tested to show a % increase sometime in the past (i.e. it takes the same time for an uber to regen hp as a noob)

DO sweating noobs regen all their hp in 7 minutes? :sweat:

Reactions: das
I tried to search this forum for any data. I thought it had been tested to show a % increase sometime in the past (i.e. it takes the same time for an uber to regen hp as a noob)

DO sweating noobs regen all their hp in 7 minutes? :sweat:

It used to be a % increase. Coincidentally I think it may have been 5% per minute, but I may be wrong. It was certainly that way when I started in 2006.

At some point it changed to the universal 4hp in 20 seconds. Was it with VU10 in 2009, possibly? Again my memory is hazy.

I don't recall any recent tests and I don't know of any reason to believe it's changed again (including the test you just did, as it inadvertently turns out).

I'm not sure the exact amount but yes, it is not a fixed percentage. If it were, the advantage of those pushing 400 HP compared to 88 HP n00bs would be huge.

As it should be. Those with high health are often hunting much bigger mobs.

It used to be a % increase. Coincidentally I think it may have been 5% per minute, but I may be wrong. It was certainly that way when I started in 2006.

At some point it changed to the universal 4hp in 20 seconds. Was it with VU10 in 2009, possibly? Again my memory is hazy.

I don't recall any recent tests and I don't know of any reason to believe it's changed again (including the test you just did, as it inadvertently turns out).

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?189369-health

I dont know why the links within the thread dont work.

As it should be. Those with high health are often hunting much bigger mobs.

It was great motivation to skill up! Remember when people "skilled"!?!?! You could actually see people regen, that was one of my motivations for wanting to "skill up" to gain HP so I could fight bigger mobs!

Another skill happiness let down by MA.

Remember when Agility was great to skill up so you could outrun mobs and other less skilled avatars?

:(

Thanks all, I guess we just need one noob to help us out (other than me) :ahh:

Yes, without buffs, it's exactly 4 health every 20 secs.

Confirmed with my G19 keyboard display.

Yes, without buffs, it's exactly 4 health every 20 secs.

Confirmed with my G19 keyboard display.

So I would assume a Perfected HP ring with 50% HP regain adds 2 Hp per 20 sec = Total of 6 HP per 20 secs

Or 18 HP per min regain, instead of 12 with no ring.

Rick

So I would assume a Perfected HP ring with 50% HP regain adds 2 Hp per 20 sec = Total of 6 HP per 20 secs

Or 18 HP per min regain, instead of 12 with no ring.

Rick

I don't have the perfected, only augmented, adds 5.something, not really looked tbh.
If I remember next time I'm on, I'll let you know.

There was actually a bug a few years back where you could see your current health (instead of max hp) in your skills window. At that time we were able to verify what others are saying here as 4hp/20 seconds for all. As Oleg said, in earlier times it did work differently...

It's always good to retest things from time to time as the previous change to regen were not announced either. Players coming back from beacon runs where everyone dies at the same time noticed it first iirc.

Well not sure why it being fixed is ever debated as it's been tested many times since they announced the change.

Although back when I had the Xmas 2016 ring with 200% regen I decided to test it and the ring gave me 3 times the regeneration of the base amount which of course is 4 HP.

So with no buffs of course its 4 HP but more specifically should be just a decimal over 4.08 ish every 20 secs
With 200% ring it's 12.2 ish but close enough lets just say 12 HP every 20 secs

The regen is actually pretty nice as fighting smaller mobs or just even having an extra 12 HP heal come through when you take a big crit sometimes it did save my life. With 200% Regen I didn't need to heal on small mobs and of course is the dream sweaters ring with max reload as well.

Back