Info: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forum.php = Dangerous???

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
Just got a red page google browser warning saying the forum website is dangerous? Just happened today...

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on www.entropiaforum.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

Note: I get this warning when I try and visit PCF, yet the warning points to entropiaforum?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Dangerous site?

Hi,
Looks like google is now giving warning about the site:

dang2.jpg

dang1.jpg

Thats probably why its flagged as a deceptive site i.e. the mismatch between what site actually is and called/linked to...

Some websites trick people into thinking there visiting a malicious site or the site itself is malicious, so this website probably falls into that category

[At least for me] the warning came only from one specific thread ("For Entropians in love" or sth).
I didn't open it, so I don't know what was there. Suppose some link or media embedded on page triggered the security warning?

I am investigating how and why Entropia Forum got flagged by Google's automated site safety systems.

The email I received from Google was very unspecific, mentioning "Social engineering content detected on entropiaforum.com", citing the main forum index as the offending page. Since there is very little content on the forum index page (mainly just forum names and thread titles) this seems odd and makes it hard to track down the source of any potential "Social engineering content". I have reviewed all of the recent forum posts and did not notice anything suspicious.

In the meanwhile (and as a security precaution), I have changed DNS settings on the entropiaforum.com domain to forward all traffic to PCF.

This has come back as of today...

I noticed a couple similar issues a few months back on my website as well, which I came to find out there was some kind of change in how they display warnings for websites that do not use SSL https protocol. So I bit the bullet bought the SSL license and no issues since.

I know if I click info up top my site it now says secure connection (wasn't until a couple months ago when I similar had issues), if I click info over this site, it says unsecured. perhaps that is why. The only difference is the SSL.

Not sure if related but I do know they had updated the policy somewhat recently regarding security warnings of this nature.

Only other thought is if there is a facebook like button or google + button somewhere on there that needs to be regenerated to not kick something off.

I have reactivated EntropiaForum and requested a new review from Google to remove the warning that appears.

I have reactivated EntropiaForum and requested a new review from Google to remove the warning that appears.

entropiaforum_virus.jpg

Any update?

The above is being triggered on this forum btw, not Entropiaforum.com.

im still seeing the threat

Oh dear..

Can I change my forum name now? How about now? Now? LOL :p :ahh::silly2:

i just got my first alert about dangerous site a minute ago when i went to page 2 of a thread about a cat confirming an auction.... kinda scary

i just got my first alert about dangerous site a minute ago when i went to page 2 of a thread about a cat confirming an auction.... kinda scary

Same thing happened to me, on that same exact thread I think (but no other threads on the forum).

Don't have a Mac either. Very strange.

Google has removed the warnings for EntropiaForum after a recent review:

google_review.jpg

Google has removed the warnings for EntropiaForum after a recent review:

View attachment 36123

This attachment can't be viewed by regular users it seems, but nice work either way.

Thanks for continuing to maintain the website.

Back