Unable to use 'Edit Selected' function on "Pages" chart

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Here is the chart I am talking about: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Page

I was having issues working with this chart a week ago or so where pages which were removed from the chart could not be added back to the chart no matter what, so I'm guessing this change was done manually while the bug is being fixed.

I'm documenting this issue here, however, just to bring attention to these issues in case it is not.

It's not a huge issue since the pages listed in this chart exist regardless of whether or not they're listed in the chart, but it is a convenient place to catalogue template pages.

A possible misunderstanding on my part but...

The chart simply lists available pages, including templates.
To edit each page you can enter it and edit the page.
Similarly anyone can create a new page (chart, template etc...) that will appear in the 'chart of pages'.

As for the Edit option at the top of the 'chart of pages', I assume it is a security measure to avoid any one removing entire charts at will?

Not being able to re-add removed pages, then I see the issue - be it minor - as you've pointed out.

Was there a particular chart that you were wanting to re-add?

A possible misunderstanding on my part but...

The chart simply lists available pages, including templates.
To edit each page you can enter it and edit the page.
Similarly anyone can create a new page (chart, template etc...) that will appear in the 'chart of pages'.

As for the Edit option at the top of the 'chart of pages', I assume it is a security measure to avoid any one removing entire charts at will?

Not being able to re-add removed pages, then I see the issue - be it minor - as you've pointed out.

Was there a particular chart that you were wanting to re-add?
I'm not talking about editing charts, I'm talking about specifically modifying entries on the "Pages" chart, where the "Edit Selected" function is missing, unlike every other chart.

MnGOzvC.png

without this function I cannot remove or edit entries in the "Pages" chart, the one I was looking to edit was "Template:Iron Challenge Mindreaver" which should be called "Template:Iron Challenge Mind Reaver".

I could make a new page and copy and paste the contents of the old one to get the desired name fix, however, that would then result in a duplicate entry in the "Pages" chart, which I can't fix either without the "Edit Selected" function.

By the way, I see you make lots of edits on the wiki, keep up the good work.

I'm not talking about editing charts, I'm talking about specifically modifying entries on the "Pages" chart, where the "Edit Selected" function is missing, unlike every other chart.

without this function I cannot remove or edit entries in the "Pages" chart, the one I was looking to edit was "Template:Iron Challenge Mindreaver" which should be called "Template:Iron Challenge Mind Reaver".

I could make a new page and copy and paste the contents of the old one to get the desired name fix, however, that would then result in a duplicate entry in the "Pages" chart, which I can't fix either without the "Edit Selected" function.

Understood. I was stating the obvious regarding specific page edits just in case, but for editing the page names without duplication the edit button is most definitely required. Hopefully it will be addressed in due course.

By the way, I see you make lots of edits on the wiki, keep up the good work.

Thank you. I use it as a learning tool, as many do.

Off-topic: can someone address or respond to the lack of link stylisation for the default theme please (see my other thread).

Another improperly named template:
Template:Iron Challenge Shinkiba

Should be "Template:Hunting Challenge Shinkiba/Daikiba"
(as the mission is 100% shared between the two now, and the template would include both the iron and bronze missions)

Back