Diary of one clueless hunter

Society
BGtropia
Stefan Gadolini Chervenkov
Hello fellow entropians :)

After years of mining and crafting, three weeks ago i decided to start hunting, and after spending some time dying by puny berycleds, not so puny merps and hairy argos, here is my first hunting blog:

Goals

1. I have seen my avatar names in daily Hall of Fame top 5, both for Mining and Crafting, so doing the same with hunting is...reasonable goal :)
2. Revenge on the mobs that have eaten my ass during mining numerous times - Argonauts, Merps, Atrax, Atrox, to name a few.
3. Having some fun in team hunts, as both mining and crafting are solitary ways to play this game.

Also, few notes:

- I am bulgarian, so please excuse me for my crappy English :)
- I am all ears for any advises and ideas
- I would be really really happy to receive some weapons as a gifts now and then. Of course, i will happily share my gratitude towards the mighty people supporting me :)

So...enjoy my completely senseless and clueless hunting adventures :)

Run One

Ammo: 200 peds
Main Weapon: ArMatrix LR-10
Secondary Weapon: Chikara Oni something something laser pistol
Armour: Adjusted Pixie set

As i had 100 Argonauts left from my Iron Mision, stage two, i went to Twin Peaks first in order to get part of my revenge. While killing them - Young, Adult, Scouts and Gatherers was easy, the best i can say about the loot they provided is "terrible". Yup, exactly hundred mobs and my highest loot was 7.38 shrapnel and when i killed the last one (Guardian maturity, in order to make it special) i was nearly 60 peds behind.
Anyway, i went to the mission NPC, took my reward and with the remaining ammo went for big Kerberoses. Now, while they are far from exiting game for hunting, there is no other low level mob on Calypso with so high returns. And while i wasn't able to hit global, just see the list of minis: 11;11;16;32;24

They not only paid for themselves, but also almost covered the looses from Argonaut hunt.

End results:

Cost (with decay): 217,53
TT Value of loot: 210,86 (except 10-15 peds of wool, iron stones and extractors, nothing above the 103% MU worth keeping).
Skill gains during the hunt:
- HP increased to 103
- lvl 3 Decoy Dispenser reached
- lvl 5 Mounted BLP reached
- lvl 3 Dodge reached
- lvl 6 Evader reached
- lvl 19 Laser Sniper Reached

Hunt results so far: -6,67

Kerbs do tend to loot reasonably well. GL :)

Kerbs do tend to loot reasonably well. GL :)

I know, it's even unbalanced if we make comparison between them and other mobs with similar level. But well, i don't mind :)
And thank you, GL too and may holy Lootius be with you :)

I was about your level when i did the Kerberos Iron and Bronze missions, I had many profitable hunts, countless globals, and two 500+ ped HOF's. I hunted Dominant and Alphas east of Jurra Plateau. Just be sure to use a finisher rifle or pistol to avoid overkill. If you main weapon is a rifle i recommend your finisher be a rifle as well, this way all the skills you get will put you closer and closer to the important skill unlocks. Good luck to you!

• If it doesn't work, be adaptable to changing it
  • If it does work, keep doing it

Good luck!

:sniper:

I was about your level when i did the Kerberos Iron and Bronze missions, I had many profitable hunts, countless globals, and two 500+ ped HOF's. I hunted Dominant and Alphas east of Jurra Plateau. Just be sure to use a finisher rifle or pistol to avoid overkill. If you main weapon is a rifle i recommend your finisher be a rifle as well, this way all the skills you get will put you closer and closer to the important skill unlocks. Good luck to you!

Yup, i am killing them on Jurra too. Already on my Bronze mission for them, and while the reward is far from exiting, i will keep returning to them to balance my looses a bit :)

And thank you Ichi, i am reading your posts and following your success in game for many years now, may the good luck be with you too :)

• If it doesn't work, be adaptable to changing it
  • If it does work, keep doing it

Good luck!

:sniper:

That's seems to be really good advice :)

Thank you Mega and good luck too :)

Run 2

Ok, this time i went for some Atraxes, as they are one of the mobs that killed me the most. Honestly, it wasn't that bad - i had few 10-15 ped loots and even Shogun Thigh Guards F that would bring me few peds of markup. After spending 200 peds on them, i went to Jurra for the next part of the Kerberos adventure (only 55k left of my bronze mission and i won't even look at them again). Unfortunately, this was my worst kerberos hunt so far - many 30-40 pec mobs, only three small minis (13,17,19 peds) and considerable loss.

Anyway, i am ready to loose some peds, in order to, eventually, gain some peds. Even if the fact that MU of both Muscle and Eye oil keeps dropping down :)

Cost (with decay): 441.77
TT Value of loot: 384.20
- lvl 9 Ranged BLP reached
- lvl 3 Two Handed Clubs reached
- lvl 10 BLP Pistoleer reached

Hunt results so far: -64,24

I've found that for killpoint mission, the lower maturities give more points per ped spent than the higher maturities. Or in other words, the higher cost to kill is not reflected in the points gained.

I've found that for killpoint mission, the lower maturities give more points per ped spent than the higher maturities. Or in other words, the higher cost to kill is not reflected in the points gained.

So killing let's say - providers on Fort Lahar will be cheaper per mission point? Thanks, will try.

So killing let's say - providers on Fort Lahar will be cheaper per mission point? Thanks, will try.

I did the Kerb Iron at Boreas. That last 60k stage dragged :)

Run 3

First i tried my old friends atrax, however they were really dry - and after 50 or so kills, i moved back to kerberos. Here the situation was a lot better - no real globals, but few nice hits (15,11,13,21,18,19,43) so i was happy. Unfortunately, Jurra Plateau area was really crowded and in one moment it become a real struggle to tag a mob before anyone else, so i moved to Fort Lahar to test the small maturity way of grinding. Not really good, but at least i had few small "globals" to make me happy - 17, 10, 10.

And in the end i ended with some small profit, which is for first time in my blog, so nice end of the week :)

Cost (with decay and new ArMatrix/Chikara finisher pistol): 451,45
TT Value of loot: 465,71 (+2 peds MU of selling 4k muscle oil and 10 peds MU of selling 400 Thin Wool)
Profit: 14.26
- lvl 15 Gauss sniper reached
- lvl 15 Plasma sniper reached
- lvl 15 Laser Pistoleer reached

Hunt results so far: -49.98

Run 3

First i tried my old friends atrax, however they were really dry - and after 50 or so kills, i moved back to kerberos. Here the situation was a lot better - no real globals, but few nice hits (15,11,13,21,18,19,43) so i was happy. Unfortunately, Jurra Plateau area was really crowded and in one moment it become a real struggle to tag a mob before anyone else, so i moved to Fort Lahar to test the small maturity way of grinding. Not really good, but at least i had few small "globals" to make me happy - 17, 10, 10.

And in the end i ended with some small profit, which is for first time in my blog, so nice end of the week :)

Cost (with decay and new ArMatrix/Chikara finisher pistol): 451,45
TT Value of loot: 465,71 (+2 peds MU of selling 4k muscle oil and 10 peds MU of selling 400 Thin Wool)
Profit: 14.26
- lvl 15 Gauss sniper reached
- lvl 15 Plasma sniper reached
- lvl 15 Laser Pistoleer reached

Hunt results so far: -49.98

merps never were too great - but you got the right setup for them imo (im xentech x3 + hk110) keep up the great work - everyone needs more low level hunting logs

Run 4

Today was my first day at work after my summer holiday and...well, i wasn't in mood for any risks, so i just went for big kerberoses. It seems that this was a good idea as after many minis (16,14,42,15,15,17) i finally hit my first global since the beggining of the blog - 75,24 from Kerberos Alpha. And technically speaking, this was my first global over 70 ped in hunting, so - YAAAAAY!!!!!
Also i leveled a lot this run.

Cost (with decay and new ArMatrixl): 439.13
TT Value of loot: 473.21 (+1.50 peds MU of selling 3.5k muscle oil)
Profit: 34.08
- lvl 6 Whipper reached
- lvl 6 Brawler reached
- lvl 5 Cryogenic reached
- lvl 5 Pyro Kinetic reached
- lvl 5 Electro Kinetic reached
- lvl 16 Ranged Laser DMG reached
- lvl 9 Mounted Laser reached
- lvl 7 Grenadier reached

Hunt results so far: -15.09

merps never were too great - but you got the right setup for them imo (im xentech x3 + hk110) keep up the great work - everyone needs more low level hunting logs

Thanks Aloisius :) I hate merps. They are small, fast, aggressive and for now (currently on stage 3 of their mission, not sure exactly how much i killed) i haven't got loot over 2 peds of them or anything with good MU. So ill skip them for now.
As for xentech - i tried both x2 and x3, they are really good as stats, however their decay is a bit too high - especially regarding the fact that i like 3-400 ped runs, which with low level mobs means few hours.

If that is your pic, you look straight off the set of LoTR. So badass!

GL with your log.

If that is your pic, you look straight off the set of LoTR. So badass!

GL with your log.

Haha, thank you mate :) Yup, i look more like a Scandinavian than like Bulgarian, which is sometimes leading to funny situations.

Anyway, GL too and may Lootius be with you :)

Also - Detritus is best troll ever!!!

Run 5

Again went for my kerb friends, but the big ones were extremely dry - only two good hits in 200 peds (42,12) so i moved to the smaller ones around Lahar. And here i found my luck - really good loot and many small globals (19,10,11,16,12,14,10,18).

So i ended with small profit and now i am at 10k from the bronze Kerberos mission.

Interesting, i am not sure what to do next.
In this regards, not sure what weapon to use, as ArMatrix LR-10 is already maxed for me.

Cost (with decay): 419.41
TT Value of loot: 431.32
Profit: 11.91
- lvl 16 BLP Sniper reached
- lvl 8 Ranged Gauss reached
- lvl 8 Ranged Plasma reached
- lvl 5 Knifefighter reached

Hunt results so far: -3.18

Run 6

I wasn't able to sleep, so decided to try one more time. My first Kerberos gave me nice small global (62 ped) but the next 50 or so were giving less than a ped, so i moved to Atrax area. And oh boy, that was good decision - even if i didn't get any globals, i feel that every second mob was with 3-4-5 peds loot inside.

And yup, it took me only 6 runs to have some real profit :)

Cost (with decay and new ArMatrix): 449.39
TT Value of loot: 544.79 (with 3 peds MU from selling 4.5k of muscle oil)
Profit: 95.4
- lvl 20 Laser sniper reached
- lvl 1 Animal Tamer reached

Hunt results so far: 92.22

hello,
nice log, i subscribed.

GL for next runs

cheers

Run 7

It's our Unification day here in Bulgaria, bank holiday, so ill have time for few runs today. Hope not all of them will be like the first one.

First i went to the Atrox and finished my Iron Mission stage II, then i visited Kerberos ground in Jura Plateu and finished with few Argonauts near Twin Peaks - but the loot everywhere was terrible. For 600 peds of ammo, this are my "big hits" - 14,10,21,13,14,22.
Nothing with MU of course, so this time i ended with loss.

Cost (with decay and 2 new ArMatrix): 688.51
TT Value of loot: 651.86 (with 2 peds MU from selling muscle oil)
Profit: -36.65
- lvl 10 Plasma Pistoleer reached
+1 HP (114 reached)

Hunt results so far: 55.57

Run 8

Only Atraxes this time. Again no globals, but once - almost (44 peds). The good news is that i am about to finish stage III of their mission today, the bad that i am loosing peds :)

Cost (with decay and 2 new ArMatrix): 694.35
TT Value of loot: 660.54
Profit: -33.81
- lvl 16 Gauss Sniper
- lvl 16 Plasma Sniper
- lvl 17 Ranged Laser
- lvl 15 Laser Pistoleer
- lvl 21 Laser Sniper
- lvl 17 BLP Sniper

Hunt results so far: 22.76

I wouldn't recommend doing Atrax too much without a decent Evader level, they hit quite a lot otherwise and can be costly in defense, especially with their high aggro

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=11 for more info if you're interested

plenty of other choices of mobs around that size in the meantime :thumbup:

Run 9

Ok, i went for Atraxes again anyway, as i was near to the end of Stage III - and this time i got really lucky. After few decent hits - 28,10,16, 47 i got sweet 283 peds global (and my first hunting global above 100 peds). Needles to say, this time i have nice profit :)

I am wondering however - what to do next? I am on stage iii for Argonauts aswell...and 45k points needed for the Kerberos bronze mission...or else? As really, being with Pixie armor and low level evade, Atroxes are a bit too much for me.

*And also - is Shogun set good replacement for Adjusted Pixie, or i should look for something else?

Cost (with decay and 1 new ArMatrix): 352.34
TT Value of loot: 595.22 (plus 2 peds of 4.8k Muscle oil)
Profit: 242.88
- lvl 6 Swordsman
- lvl 2 One Handed Clubber
- lvl 11 BLP Pistoleer
- lvl 8 Knifefighter
- lvl 10 Ranged BLP
- lvl 7 Evader
- lvl 5 Grenadier
- lvl 5 Mounted Grenadier

Hunt results so far: 265.64

Adjusted pixie is fine, you have countless options, not to mention the mobs you can kite when your dps gets a bit higher, also picking up some armor plates would probably do you better than picking up a new set for now.

Check out these mobs if you haven't finished their challenge yet:
Traeskeron
Combibo
Cornundacauda
Puny Creatures
Drone
Rippersnapper
Merp
Snarksnot
Caudatergus
Berycled
Molisk
Argonaut
Kerberos

Run 10

Again i went to Jura for some Kerberoses, and it was pretty decent - few nice hits and small (56 peds) global. After i broke my ArMatrix LR-10, i decided to try Argonauts - again really lucky hunt with a lot of minis and one (84 peds) global.

Based on the fact that i expected terrible returns this time, i am really happy :)

*250/1000 Argonauts killed for Iron Mission, stage III

Cost (with decay and 1 new ArMatrix/1 new Chikara pistol): 662.48
TT Value of loot: 745.43 (plus 3 peds of 5k Muscle oil)
Profit: 82.95
- lvl 10 Mounted Laser

Hunt results so far: 348.59

Run 11

Ok, so i tried the Traeskerons. Never again. These guys have loot comparable with the one in puny creatures (but apparently - without the high MU noob guns), so after 100 kills needed for the first mission i was 110 peds behind on ammo (hard to count the decay).
Did i said never again?

Yup, there are mobs (merps as well) that just don't love me.

After that i went for kerbs and argonauts again, and it was a bit better, but far not enough to cover the Traeskerons disaster.

That's o.k but i am worried - there are almost no ArMatrix LR-10 in AH (and the minumum MU is raising), i am too low to use LR-15 yet and game is giving me only crappy daily missions. Perhaps i will hunt only small kerberoses or fouls for few days.

Anyway, results are below, hope your hunt is better today :)

*502/100 Argonauts killed for IM stage III

Cost (with decay and 1 new ArMatrix/1 new Chikara pistol): 665.96
TT Value of loot: 547.38
Profit: -118.58
- lvl 6 One Handed Clubber
- lvl 6 Two Handed Clubber
- lvl 3 Whipper
- lvl 11 Plasma Pistoleer
- lvl 4 Gunner
- lvl 16 Laser Pistoleer
- lvl 6 Mounted BLP

Hunt results so far
: 230.01

Run 12

Atraxes, kerberos and 50 Argonauts (daily mission in Cave).

A lot of nearly empty mobs and few hits (40,36,25,41) and even small 50 peds global - in the end i finished with small profit.

And i leveled a lot :)

Cost (with decay): 662.53
TT Value of loot: 679.53
Profit: 17
- lvl 7 Paramedic
+1 HP (105)
- lvl 9 Ranged Gauss
- lvl 9 Ranges Plasma
- lvl 17 Gauss Sniper
- lvl 17 Plasma Sniper
- lvl 22 Laser Sniper