SSS Mining Method (Seven Seconds South)

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
At the time of this post update to this post, please do not use below .... There are issues with it ...
The inaccuracy of using seconds is worse than using absolute coordinates ..... Another array to the bin ....... (DO NOT USE THIS)

"Just a quick post on a new mining idea that works just as well if not better than a basic hex grid. I call it "seven seconds south" and it literally works just the way that it is described.

1) Grab a mining tool and set it up to what you are looking for. (Using ent matter and ore together is better than using a single type as the 1 resource type acts as an amplifier for the other when you find a resource).
2) Unequip the tool
3) Face and start running south - MUST BE FLAT GROUND
4) Activate the tool
5) Count 7 seconds
6) On count 7 drop your probes
7) Profit ??
8) Rinse Repeat...

I think that this is something that is pretty easy to demonstrate and get people into the mining profession as it is not as difficult or as "random" as people make it out to be.

"SSS" is only the tip of the iceberg.

Disclaimer - The above assumes that you cover the diameter of your mining tool's radius in exactly 30 seconds.
Disclaimer - The above is based on a hybrid number spiral / nightbird technique that I am working on, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Research is still in progress.
Disclaimer - Accuracy may vary depending on ingame skill, for best results the math model of the above requires movement by the millimeter and therefore is very difficult to get the positioning 100% correct."

Last edited:
And your hit rate with said method? My own method gets 33% average and doesn't require dicking around

SSS will hold as long as the model holds, but as with anything in EU - it's either random, based on player skills or something else entirely.

The thing is that you have multiple possible headers sitting close to and thanks to rounding, those headers sit on top of each other, which makes it impossible to accurately predict / record using the ingame GPS coordinate system.

Got to go to a client.. L8R

I asked a direct question, I expected a direct answer. Got to go to a wine bottle. l8r

I asked a direct question, I expected a direct answer. Got to go to a wine bottle. l8r

Noted, prehaps the post is a bit premature. Will gather some lbml data for ye with a md1, with sss and ssw

Noted, prehaps the post is a bit premature. Will gather some lbml data for ye with a md1, with sss and ssw

Sounds good, I look forward to analysing it

Looks like its heading sw today not s... Interesting....

Ok ye, it's skill based ..... so 15 is the base distance in seconds (obviously) but its been a long time since I hit this many class 2 deposits in a row .....

I really hate this game .....

and that's a good thing ....

Last edited:
maybe you analyze a little to much with it ?....just get a waypoint marker far in north....then look at numbers and drop a bomb...done

I think you should revisit the spiral. sometimes I spiral out from where I find a skill gain or a deposit and find more. coincidence? or something?
Let smarter people than me figure it out. :laugh:

I am going back to the physical coordinate system..

Will test something with (deep breath) skills, mining tools and a pseudo-random number sequence.... (exhale)

Back