How to profit mining easily

I actually have no problem with this being shared. It was already announced that all PVP areas would now have Pyrite, and anyone looking at LBML's maps and seeing 25% Pyrite should be able to put two and two together as to where that's occurring. It's not exactly a secret at this point that posting it here is going to cause Pyrite prices to crash.

It's a miracle that the demand for alt isn't budging. Crafting those D-class must generate some steady profit.
Looking at auction turnovers:

Monthly turnover of gears is ~84k pieces (8.4k clicks); that would take 63 kPED alt (7.50 PED/click).

Of course, there is over-the-counter trading, and near successes can be expected to return more gears than alt (due to lower unit tt); still, D-Class accounts for less than half of alt turnover.

My understanding is that other half is mostly blueprint fishing, e.g. Roadie, Demonic, Stylus caps.

Looking at auction turnovers:

Monthly turnover of gears is ~84k pieces (8.4k clicks); that would take 63 kPED alt (7.50 PED/click).

Of course, there is over-the-counter trading, and near successes can be expected to return more gears than alt (due to lower unit tt); still, D-Class accounts for less than half of alt turnover.

My understanding is that other half is mostly blueprint fishing, e.g. Roadie, Demonic, Stylus caps.

Well. It's probably not welding wire or Stealth Armor.

Often times when my alt was bought out I saw those same avatars globaling/HOFing on "Selling Trucker Cap" (1500 alt/click) but I'd imagine that's not a consistent thing either. I guess they were ATH fishing? :/

I found pyrite at the fort argus pvp area as well. ( Between the hogglos)

Pyrite can be found in every PVP area as of a change they made some time ago, although it's most common to find in the lootable PVP areas, is what I've heard.

There is much less pyrite there compared to oil rig pvp

Pyrite can be found in every PVP area as of a change they made some time ago

Does that include Amethera (which is all PVP outside of land areas) or just the yellow/red zones?

Does that include Amethera (which is all PVP outside of land areas) or just the yellow/red zones?

Basically just yellow/red zones. Three on Eudoria and one on Amethera.

Mine at the right place and at the right time, with the correct method and profit you will..
(Actually stopping to mine when you know you should stop mining also helps.)

Looking for the secrets to mining also places a huge drain on your ped account and is inadvisable, just use a 128 or 64m hex grid (128*64=8192) which is optimal.

i did a run last night of 30 double probes. 33% hitrate (66% if you count the double drop a one) +-40% trade terminal profit at the end of it, 128m hex, no special spirals, just a great area, timing and an optimal strategy.

Mine at the right place and at the right time, with the correct method and profit you will..
(Actually stopping to mine when you know you should stop mining also helps.)

Looking for the secrets to mining also places a huge drain on your ped account and is inadvisable, just use a 128 or 64m hex grid (128*64=8192) which is optimal.

i did a run last night of 30 double probes. 33% hitrate (66% if you count the double drop a one) +-40% trade terminal profit at the end of it, 128m hex, no special spirals, just a great area, timing and an optimal strategy.

aka luck as it is not reproducable.

If one simply stops mining when the going is bad, it should be reproducable.

you need a certain sample size to determine if its good or bad and as far as i have seen you never even come close to that sample size. and if it were you wouldnt be perma broke... :D

you need a certain sample size to determine if its good or bad and as far as i have seen you never even come close to that sample size. and if it were you wouldnt be perma broke... :D

I have limits... If I hit +- 25% profit, the run stops if I so choose. Anything less than 27% hitrate (ie 3 double probes 100% drops to 50% which drops to 25%) over the count of the probes I have dropped, and the run is over. Any significant change negatively to my profit also triggers a stop condition.

Sample sizes be damned, it sounds like you want to work out how it works, instead of making profit !!!

I have limits... If I hit +- 25% profit, the run stops if I so choose. Anything less than 27% hitrate (ie 3 double probes 100% drops to 50% which drops to 25%) over the count of the probes I have dropped, and the run is over. Any significant change negatively to my profit also triggers a stop condition.

Sample sizes be damned, it sounds like you want to work out how it works, instead of making profit !!!

its not unusual to have 12-15 nrf in a row and then hit a cluster which puts you up ahead a lot.

its not unusual to have 12-15 nrf in a row and then hit a cluster which puts you up ahead a lot.

I only have enough peds for a 20 - drop run so every pec counts.

OK Im going to talk theory a bit.

Right now I am using a Hex diameter of 128m,it could be possible that your scenario would result from a much larger hex. The hexes that could fit would be in the region of 1 to 2 km (8192/1024, 8192/2048). This may warrant an investigation when I have a few peds to spare.

Just came back from a run, it was cut short due to low hitrate ... Simple as that .

Lost 2 ped, could have been better, could have been worse. I am not stupid enough to find out...

256m hex and 512m hex are both not economically viable right now... Testing 1024 and 2048 next.. (Not worth it economically to test ...)

Went back to 64m and stopped on the downswing... 3% profit tt , the mu covers the experimental screw ups made above

Last edited:
Next Run

30% hitrate - 46.05% Profit .....

Well carpet bomb everything , make 2k drop / day
and stop with this bullshit or keep to yourself , stop spread b.s in all topics or create new one every day

I drop 12 probes per day, but 13 on alternate wednesdays. If I hit a lyst on my 3rd drop, I will then draw a hexagon on the max and each corner will make a 30 degree angle, this angle must be 30 degrees as this is dependent on your return, which will be 70% TT, until all angles have been covered - at this point you will carpet bomb the center of your hexagon - only to find YES, you guessed it, the remaining 30% of the TT from the run! Now, if it's not 30% return in the center, you must fly 400m west and wait for 3 days to gain enough money to go on a 4 probe run, this run surely will produce another theory which I will get back to you on.

on 5 drops? xD
if youd follow your own rule u shouldve kept dropping

See the trick is that you have other miners to deal with .... You have to assume that they are the same or even better than you at covering the area .... So you STOP !!!!! and come back after the respawn..

I drop 12 probes per day, but 13 on alternate wednesdays. If I hit a lyst on my 3rd drop, I will then draw a hexagon on the max and each corner will make a 30 degree angle, this angle must be 30 degrees as this is dependent on your return, which will be 70% TT, until all angles have been covered - at this point you will carpet bomb the center of your hexagon - only to find YES, you guessed it, the remaining 30% of the TT from the run! Now, if it's not 30% return in the center, you must fly 400m west and wait for 3 days to gain enough money to go on a 4 probe run, this run surely will produce another theory which I will get back to you on.

I am simply making a bunch of bloody stupid 128m circles and dropping probes in the middle of those circles .... There is a small trick to it, but that is basically it...

Next Run 27 Probes 33.333% hitrate Profit % 13.05. Stopped the run as I ran into a very silent miner, did not know where he mined...

I would like to see your logs :) as well as lbml screenshots ...

Here, here and here is a small sample of my evidence. Of course I can send xls data on request, but the main sheet will remain in my hands...

Last edited:
I would like to see your logs :) as well as lbml screenshots ...

Here, here and here is a small sample of my evidence. Of course I can send xls data on request, but the main sheet will remain in my hands...

I commend your effort on trying to figure out how mining works, however you do need to increase the size of your drops to realistically come up with something solid. I did 100 drops this morning where the first 10 I got no claims...then i hit on every drop for the next 15 claims then every 2-3 drops got claims...didn't profit either in the end. All i did was run to my next destination while trying to go around mobs...didn't care for the path and wasn't in a straight line.

What i'm trying to get at is that if your just dropping such a small size, well you could come up with anything and in the end it wont work over the long run. You need to take in variance...when you think you should stop, might actually be the tipping point needed to start getting a good return. You cant expect to go out and profit every run with some magic system about how you drop and that magic system is not going to come about by dropping small amounts of probes...it will take time and a lot of drops to come up with a solid system for yourself.

I'm not a miner by any means, i just drop some when im in transit in hopes of getting some resources to use crafting or to use up any finders/amps i have crafted and cant sell, but i still understand that small sample sizes do not work in Entropia...no matter which profession you are in.

I commend your effort on trying to figure out how mining works, however you do need to increase the size of your drops to realistically come up with something solid. I did 100 drops this morning where the first 10 I got no claims...then i hit on every drop for the next 15 claims then every 2-3 drops got claims...didn't profit either in the end. All i did was run to my next destination while trying to go around mobs...didn't care for the path and wasn't in a straight line.

What i'm trying to get at is that if your just dropping such a small size, well you could come up with anything and in the end it wont work over the long run. You need to take in variance...when you think you should stop, might actually be the tipping point needed to start getting a good return. You cant expect to go out and profit every run with some magic system about how you drop and that magic system is not going to come about by dropping small amounts of probes...it will take time and a lot of drops to come up with a solid system for yourself.

I'm not a miner by any means, i just drop some when im in transit in hopes of getting some resources to use crafting or to use up any finders/amps i have crafted and cant sell, but i still understand that small sample sizes do not work in Entropia...no matter which profession you are in.

First off, I see my return in real time, as soon as I see my return drop off, I stop mining.... Simple as that no rocket science, I simply mine where there are resources to be mined....

With regards as to figure out how it works, looking for that is a mistake as it will lead to losses.

Small sample sizes, hell yea, I will take the profits from small mining runs over large run losses anyday.

And you did not profit... Sorry thats my point a loss is still a loss...

Run 1 stopped ..... Here is the reason....

Run 2 stopped Same reason

Run 3 stopped SAME REASON

And you wonder why I stop mining ?

Last edited:
So today's latest run was pretty bad.. Only 8.9% Profit tt over 39 double drops, still I think I caught it right on the down swing...

New run either tomorrow or later on today...

Run aborted, low hitrate %

Back