How to profit mining easily

he has an excel sheet. and he does indeed post every drop he makes. and with his sheet he doesnt need this as a log.

Yip its an Excel Sheet. It's not very elaborate or fancy. But it does the job.

It even blanks out coordinates that you have probes before and shows you average results in realtime as well as a real time profit / loss graph...

There is a bit of a glitch where if you do not enter the correct probe number, the real time graph screws up a little bit but that issue is minor..

First off, I see my return in real time, as soon as I see my return drop off, I stop mining.... Simple as that no rocket science, I simply mine where there are resources to be mined....

With regards as to figure out how it works, looking for that is a mistake as it will lead to losses.

Small sample sizes, hell yea, I will take the profits from small mining runs over large run losses anyday.

And you did not profit... Sorry thats my point a loss is still a loss...

Hmm.. i don't quite think you got where i was going, most likely my fault for not explaining properly.
If i started off with my mining and after 7 drops stopped because all i got was NRF, then that run is a loss, a complete loss, no matter which way you put it. However since i continued, it then turned around and at one point i was ahead. That is when i prob should have stopped, but i kept going (as still had probes left) and then it came to pretty much evening out again. Yes i ended up in a loss overall tt wise...with mu maybe it would have been profit, but i then used those resources for my own crafting so i consider it a loss for the mining run since i didn't sell the resources. My return tt wise on the run was 96.416%. So despite it being a loss tt wise, I got what i wanted out of the run at a minimal loss.

When you calculate your profit/loss, are you taking into account all of your other runs that day where you have stopped because it was bad? I see your three runs recently you stopped and those were losses. Then your last run of that day of 39 double drops you are saying you made profit that run of 8.9%. If you add that to your runs you stopped early, are you still in profit? breaking even? or loss? You should be looking at the big picture as well as each individual run.

Fair enough..... The only difference would be time... Mine when the time to mine is good, and stop mining when its bad...

Problem is that the game is becoming really boring with this method... If the resources are not at the level I want, alt f4 gets pressed,

Last edited:
Yesterday there was not much to say... Attempted two runs, stopped when hitrates dropped below 27%

Seems like that would be a candidate for making a separate thread rather than using someone else's topic.

What does this have to do with mining ?

What does this have to do with mining ?

That's a bit of a non sequitur. If you want to post about your own personal theory / log that's pretty different than what the OP was first posting about, you should make your own thread in this forum. That's laid out pretty clearly in the forum rules.

Back