How to profit mining easily

Karl XII

Guardian
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Karl XII
Hello,

Last couple of weeks I've been doing some pretty decent profit while mining and it all boils down to the most fundamental aspect of mining - going for precious minerals, namely pyrite! I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I just want to shed some light on how incredibly easy it is to find! I hope I can help others to profit as well with this post!

My spot of preference is PvP 2 (oil rig). While you can find it in PvP 1/3/4, there isn't remotely the same amount as in PvP 2. The place where I've found the most is in the NE quadrant of the zone. Hit Rate varies from day to day but I rarely go under 25 % of my claims being pyrite, making profit really simple. Lately I've been rocking some level 13 amps and globalled pyrite like crazy and still profiting.

What many people might not know is that there's a lot of pyrite even in the areas where the mob spawn is dense, such mobs as Atrox, Armax, Atrax and Molisk. What I usually do is to go down with my Sleipnir, drop a bomb and hope I survive. If I don't, I just return to my potential claim and to remove the mobs I can use my ground vehicle to train them away from there. Simple!

Please see the map below where I've had best success in getting pyrite. But like mentioned, it can be found all over the zone. The other minerals in the red area are caldorite and belkar. In other places of PvP 2 you can find some lyst (NW part) and azzurdite (SW part).

Note: if you mine the S or SE part, you might end up at an outpost without storage if you die.

Note 2: There are some people that might try to kill you to protect this mining spot. But since there are so many outposts nearby (1 N, 1 S and 1 SW (Ashi)) it's no big hassle to get back. Also, it's actually fun to see how long you can survive while they waste ammo on you :laugh:

Good luck!

ty for sharing :)

Buying Pyrite 110% at rig.

Thank you ;) But now everybody now it and wait to shoot ;)

I scanned u few times, u was using lvl13 amp. I don't believe u, tell us more about profit... ;)

I guess need make a visit :p

i found only 1 claim pyrite IV with dsecL30
that was not so good as he say ..

and when you give your good spot to community i sure your profit would go down like prices on minerals what can be found there

More Miners, MORE income for the MINERS, :yay:

He made this thread to revenge ppl who was killing him at rig while he was globing belk and cald with lvl13 :D
When I know this, ill kill him just to make him more angry :) maybe he will start selling pyrite under mu =)

Ahhh pyrite belongs to lootable, this is worst change ever.
Bring pvp4 back!

I've had questions about why I'm sharing this.

Firstly, I'm not playing Entropia as much as I have done in the past before I cashed out a couple of years ago (only keeping small stack of peds and essential skills). But the rare occasions when I'm actually playing, I always look for a thrill while at the same time trying to profit because I've always been a non-depo player since 2004. That's why I've been in PvP zones almost my whole EU "career". For the thrill and profit. :wise:

With that said, using level 13 amps is of course not recommended but like mentioned in my first post, it has kept me above break-even thanks to the high MU of pyrite. Whether or not it's sustainable is highly questionable. If I would've done it for the long term and be serious about actually making peds sustainably, I would definitely use smaller amps. But right now I prefer investing my time on myself elsewhere outside this game.

Secondly, there are people, like in any game and all over internet, who are too full of themselves and lack respect which IMO doesn't deserve having niched information. Therefore I find it more suitable to share the information to the community and people who might deserve it more. And heck, I prefer seeing people enjoy this game rather than hating. I love Entropia and I wish it to continue to exist, but I don't really see myself ever playing it with dedication again. So, I see no incentive to keep such information for myself.

If pyrite price goes down because of higher supply - great! more damage enhancers! Crafters can craft more, hunters can hunt more and miners can mine more! The whole economy gets a boost, Everyone wins! :yay:

My gear for finding pyrite is Terramaster 4 + 1 depth enhancer. This reached the average depth for pyrite that I found on Little Big's mining log (http://www.mininglog.com/) (thank you!). Whether or not this theory is the truth is up for discussion in another thread, but it worked well for me.

Another tip is to mine different hours of the day. It might help :)
Also, MA can at any time change the density/location of pyrite spawns. I suggest keeping eyes and ears open and experiment.

Good luck!

Well, most resources are capped, and we have in past seen evidence that Pyrite is no exception. Over mining this area will probably just mean lots of Belkar.

I've had questions about why I'm sharing this.

Firstly, I'm not playing Entropia as much as I have done in the past before I cashed out a couple of years ago (only keeping small stack of peds and essential skills). But the rare occasions when I'm actually playing, I always look for a thrill while at the same time trying to profit because I've always been a non-depo player since 2004. That's why I've been in PvP zones almost my whole EU "career". For the thrill and profit. :wise:

With that said, using level 13 amps is of course not recommended but like mentioned in my first post, it has kept me above break-even thanks to the high MU of pyrite. Whether or not it's sustainable is highly questionable. If I would've done it for the long term and be serious about actually making peds sustainably, I would definitely use smaller amps. But right now I prefer investing my time on myself elsewhere outside this game.

Secondly, there are people, like in any game and all over internet, who are too full of themselves and lack respect which IMO doesn't deserve having niched information. Therefore I find it more suitable to share the information to the community and people who might deserve it more. And heck, I prefer seeing people enjoy this game rather than hating. I love Entropia and I wish it to continue to exist, but I don't really see myself ever playing it with dedication again. So, I see no incentive to keep such information for myself.

If pyrite price goes down because of higher supply - great! more damage enhancers! Crafters can craft more, hunters can hunt more and miners can mine more! The whole economy gets a boost, Everyone wins! :yay:

My gear for finding pyrite is Terramaster 4 + 1 depth enhancer. This reached the average depth for pyrite that I found on Little Big's mining log (http://www.mininglog.com/) (thank you!). Whether or not this theory is the truth is up for discussion in another thread, but it worked well for me.

Another tip is to mine different hours of the day. It might help :)
Also, MA can at any time change the density/location of pyrite spawns. I suggest keeping eyes and ears open and experiment.

Good luck!

Uh, no, telling more people a good spot for pyrite is not a good thing for miners, the markup will go down to a point where it is no longer really profitable to mine anymore. And divulging information because it is not important to YOU while it may hurt others is pretty selfish, this is not a "sharing is caring" situation.

Uh, no, telling more people a good spot for pyrite is not a good thing for miners, the markup will go down to a point where it is no longer really profitable to mine anymore. And divulging information because it is not important to YOU while it may hurt others is pretty selfish, this is not a "sharing is caring" situation.

You need to take a step back and see the whole picture.

Pyrite will always be needed but of course if more supply is injected it would drop in price. But this would also enable more hunters to afford using damage enhancers, thus increasing demand. Equilibrium will be reached at a point where everyone still benefits, I can assure you that, because damage enhancers is such a sought-after consumable item.

And frankly, I think most miners are glad to find anything that has more MU that the usual lyst/belk/etc. I rather see a scenario where pyrite has slightly lower MU and gaining a whole chain of stakeholders (i.e. the mass) than just a selected few. It's not like the handful of people that already mine will start LOOSING peds, maybe they just profit slightly less than before. And in the meantime, the whole community can enjoy the game more.

Rethink your selfish statement.

You need to take a step back and see the whole picture.

Markup is at an all time low and all this will do is decrease it more. That's the big picture.

Markup is at an all time low
What markup is at an all time low? Because it sure ain't Pyrite...notice the hover box in the lower right corner.

entropia_2017-09-05_22.16.53.jpg

Tell me how did you profit with L13 ? Well u didn't since u can't cover the mu :laugh: . I find it a bit lame tho you got killed in a pvp area by a group and your bringing just a lie as "revenge".

Last edited:
I really don't think that any of this is necessary.. Just use lmbl or a hex based mining grid, place your initial 6 probes in a hex, see in which direction the highest loot goes and mine the hexes in that direction.

Ty for sharing.

It seems that Entropy don't like to share :laugh:

Tell me how did you profit with L13 ? Well u didn't since u can't cover the mu :laugh: . I find it a bit lame tho you got killed in a pvp area by a group and your bringing just a lie as "revenge".

What do you know about my turnover and profits/losses? I've motivated why I have used them and how it's been going if you check my previous posts.
I always look for a thrill while at the same time trying to profit
using level 13 amps is of course not recommended but like mentioned in my first post, it has kept me above break-even thanks to the high MU of pyrite. Whether or not it's sustainable is highly questionable. If I would've done it for the long term and be serious about actually making peds sustainably, I would definitely use smaller amps.

It's not like I pick up 10 amps and expect to come back with a hefty profit. That might've been the case using D-class or something similar. But since I
look for a thrill
and just want to make the best out of my limited time playing, I've used the level 13 which
has kept me above break-even
And that is the truth.

Also, I cannot recall a "group" (in the sense that several people attack at the same time) ever killed me there. However, I know you dislike my appearance, even to the extent that you fire your weapon at me outside the zone, while I'm browsing the auction (for level 13 amp ;) )

So in conclusion: If one want to have high chances of profit - go unamped or reasonable priced amps. This is no newsflash, just to clear up any remaining confusion.

Only mine when the hof / global board says its good time to mine... If the pool is not at the level you want, either fill it with your own peds or wait for others to do the work for you.

I thought the secret to profit mining was to go bomb ore on RT w/ L30+lvl5

any moron with a 5k bankroll can pump out $450-700/month doing that 4 hours/day.

It was a good spot back in the time when pyrite was 240-280%
Now with 160% its just an even spot, and u cant profit there that easy, but ofc its still better than a lot of places on caly with tax and mostly shit res.

I thought the secret to profit mining was to go bomb ore on RT w/ L30+lvl5

any moron with a 5k bankroll can pump out $450-700/month doing that 4 hours/day.

Yep. RT has been and still is a brainless PED printing machine. Don't think I've seen alternative dip below 118%, ever. Maybe for a split second after consecutive towers.

It's a miracle that the demand for alt isn't budging. Crafting those D-class must generate some steady profit. Or maybe everyone's too busy mining Ca-lyst-o :laugh:

The thing is, such a large portion of the mining community = casual miners and "thrill-seekers". Very few players are willing to grind the same place for 20-30 hours/wk. At some point it stops feeling like "entertainment" :dunce:

5k bankroll sounds about right. Anything less and you won't be able to mine 4 hours/day due to slow auction sales. Unless you're using a TT drill - In which case, good luck to you.

Hey, what's wrong with the tt drill? :silly2:

You'll get sore from all that drilling :eek:

As long as you're okay with spending about 95% of your run drilling and 5% probing, TT drill gets the job done! This only really applies to Rocktropia/Alternative mining.

To attain the kind of profits Rocket is talking about at 4 hours/day, you may need to go a bit more fancy.

I actually use the next island drill. Slow as hell, but really eco.

I found 60 ped of pyrite at the rig yesterday. Thank you for the info.

It was a good spot back in the time when pyrite was 240-280%
Now with 160% its just an even spot, and u cant profit there that easy, but ofc its still better than a lot of places on caly with tax and mostly shit res.

I agree with that.
from the numbers i got from friends and the troubles and hurdles and the actual area to be mined.
I would not bother mining it as there are still couple places much more peaceful and easier to generate twice as much in mark up in same time. As long as the pyrite stays under 210%
But yea worth a shot when pyrite goes over 250% sometimes :)

Good luck happy mining:)

Back