Mele weapons and shrapnels

igito

Alpha
Hello guys,

I use shortblades and 2/3 of the return is in shrapnels. And i dont like the option to drop them in the TT cous i cycle enough peds to matter and if I want only to hunt i have to drop them in the TT and get huge loses that i cant afford to survive in this tight economy :)

Will it be right if mele weapon users get the right to repair their weps with shrapnels or make em use universal ammo ?
I think yes !

Unlimited item + shrap + refiner = added shrap to unl weapons..

it would be nice to see but most likely wont happen.

however claiming huge losses when its only 1% or u could sell for half that.... is not huge losses.

I would argue 1% is pretty significant.

I would argue 1% is pretty significant.

The point i make is, 1% is not noticeable in comparison to my definition of huge which would be at least 10-30%...

if 1% is significant, what is considered small?

the issue here is, why is 2/3 of the shrap the return though. And i myself seem to get that same ratio even if im pushing 67% eco

Im just saying a 101% fake markup will not make or break anyone though. Just sell it to 100.7 to others... just sayin

personally tt return is more important than that 101%

Personal opinion im done with now.

Given my return % is somewhere around 96-97% right now, 1% allows my peds to last 25 to 33% longer.

however claiming huge losses when its only 1% or u could sell for half that.... is not huge losses.

Only if you can't TT the item until the shrapnel repaired amount is burned off. Otherwise people would repair shitty UL melee weapons at 101% and tt them for 1% profits. It should be an addon to the weapon that decays first before the weapon decays.

Only if you can't TT the item until the shrapnel repaired amount is burned off. Otherwise people would repair shitty UL melee weapons at 101% and tt them for 1% profits. It should be an addon to the weapon that decays first before the weapon decays.

Actually not a bad idea at all, only downside is it might cost Ulf a week or two of time working on other things in the game, but it would definitely feel a lot better for Melee users to have an option like this

It's not like Melee really needs to have the con of having to deal with juggling Shrapnel, it already has some pretty obvious cons

Each weapon has potentially 10 tiers... might be interesting if 1/10 the max tt value of the item could be added via the tiers by dropping shrapnel in them instead of other stuff. It's more or less work like the vehicle repair thing works, or something similar... where the actual tt value of the base item doesn't decay instantly, etc.

Loot 2.0 did something kinda like that with armor in a roundabout way, so why not do it with weapons too?

(always thought it was weird that all of a sudden out of nowhere all avatars figured out how to 'repair' vehicles but couldn't figure out how to fix their damn swords in the field when they break using similar tools)

Let's merge this thread with the other 10 of these here that ask the same thing. :/

Shrapnel will be one of your top markups in hunting. Best to get your full 1%.

Or at least enhancers to burn universal ammo with mele weapons. Just sayin something needs to be done !

If say 80% of your loot is shrapnel, and you cycle a given chunk of change more than once before liquidating it, hmm let's see, how many times does a career hunter normally cycle a deposit before liquidating whatever loots they got? ...So yea, I cycle 20 to 40 times before I sell and/or craft my loots from a given deposit. That means that if I can't feed that 1% from converted shrapnel back into my weapon, that's a significant loss. It's a decent amount of ammo for hunting styles that combine melee with another type of weapon (ie a 3 shot tagger) but for a pure or even mostly melee hunter, shrapnel is a pain in the tuckus. The best solution would be to make the repair terminal accept shrapnel at 101% and EP blueprints accept it at 100%, but I can see a refiner based compromise working decently, assuming very low refiner decay (I can't be arsed to math that last at this moment).

I've done a bit of thinking, which is dangerous In and of it's self I know, but this can be easily implemented with systems that already exist.

There are L melee amps in the token vendor if I recall correctly, on my phone atm so can't check it. But these amps have a special buff that absorbs decay at the cost of the amp something like 10-20%. I might be thinking of the mindforce implants but I think both exist.

That said, MA can implement uni-ammo vendors that trade uin-ammo for items, for example, L melee amps at 100 ped 500 ped 1000 ped tt, the amps can have 100% decay absorption buff and does 0 damage. Amps are bound and let's say they can only go on UL melee weapons. And before I forget they need to waive the 3% minimum condition tt down to 0% and take up a desperate slot other then the damage amp slots. Like the scope slot or whatever.

How about that? That's easy and should only take 1 dude about 1 day to figure it out and implement it. This system can be expanded on in the future. No coding no ui tweaking and no ui re skinning for no new buttons.

I'm a genius I know.

Only if you can't TT the item until the shrapnel repaired amount is burned off. Otherwise people would repair shitty UL melee weapons at 101% and tt them for 1% profits.

I actually don't see a problem with this. It is not like there is an infinite supply of half decayed undesirable melee weapons lying around, and even if they were crafted, the crafter would have to burn the ped to craft the weapons with markup ingredients anyway.

It should be an addon to the weapon that decays first before the weapon decays.

That sounds like a good idea, the melee weapon remains full and uses up the UA before decaying the weapon.

bard is right to carft ul mele weapons cost more then 1% so why it should be a problem ?

In my view is a matter of principle ...

Laser & BLP users can use UA, MF users can use UA, ffs - even miners can use UA ... why melee users CAN'T ?!? In analogy, crafters get a lot of their return in residue but they can use it or sell it for more than 101% currently ...

Overall it looks to me melee is currently having a clear disadvantage as a hunter's profession. I can easily make 1k tt shrap in a few hrs hunting - takes me usually longer than that to sell it for 100.50% :mad: ... time I could of course spend rolling more, isn't it ??

I believe MA will eventually implement UA use for melee users in one form or another - that, or melee profession will slowly get as popular as decoy dispensing :D ... only hope it won't take a decade for them to implement it :laugh:

I've done a bit of thinking, which is dangerous In and of it's self I know, but this can be easily implemented with systems that already exist.

There are L melee amps in the token vendor if I recall correctly, on my phone atm so can't check it. But these amps have a special buff that absorbs decay at the cost of the amp something like 10-20%. I might be thinking of the mindforce implants but I think both exist.

That said, MA can implement uni-ammo vendors that trade uin-ammo for items, for example, L melee amps at 100 ped 500 ped 1000 ped tt, the amps can have 100% decay absorption buff and does 0 damage. Amps are bound and let's say they can only go on UL melee weapons. And before I forget they need to waive the 3% minimum condition tt down to 0% and take up a desperate slot other then the damage amp slots. Like the scope slot or whatever.

How about that? That's easy and should only take 1 dude about 1 day to figure it out and implement it. This system can be expanded on in the future. No coding no ui tweaking and no ui re skinning for no new buttons.

I'm a genius I know.

This is a very good suggestion. I vote for this one :yay:

and what will happen to the UL amp you already got ?

why should you not be able to attach bouth?
One durability amp slot and one damage amp slot

Will they ever do something about it :( or we have to wait loot 3.0 after 10 years

this would be hilarious because the refiner decay would be greater than the 1% gain in most cases..... we shall see this next patch LOL

or make an attachtment like lasersights that adds skill mods and decays ammo per swing.

happy days!?¿

:laugh: melee weapon using universal ammo is going to look weird

Mining with universal ammo aint ?
And amps do electric dmg lets say its like Genesis ELM mele laser weapons that use ammo..

New ArMatrix blades that are being discovered as we speak are doing just that.

Welcome to Weird 2.0!

Back