Remove Shrapnel from Hunting loot..

Sn0wst0rm

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mr Sn0wst0rmz X
Hi short and sweet this and I know people have asked many times before but now that ammo has been removed from loot (after a very long frustrating wait for many)

When can we expect Shrapnel to be finally removed? and replaced with peds like the good old days. I really hate having my ped's constantly trapped in the "loot > Convert to ammo" cycle.

With the new loot system that less ammo just resulted in more shrapnel which is still ammo and a pain in the jackside.

Please remove, peds in loot is much more exciting.

Thanks

Hi short and sweet this and I know people have asked many times before but now that ammo has been removed from loot (after a very long frustrating wait for many)

When can we expect Shrapnel to be finally removed? and replaced with peds like the good old days. I really hate having my ped's constantly trapped in the "loot > Convert to ammo" cycle.

With the new loot system that less ammo just resulted in more shrapnel which is still ammo and a pain in the jackside.

Thanks

:laugh:

lol, if you remove shrapnel to pure peds others will complain about the loss of the 1% conversion.

I'd rather have 100 ped shrap than 100 shiny gold coins.

That 100 ped shrap makes 101 ped ammo. Those 100 shiny coins just 100 ped ammo.
Also as bonus, that 100 ped shrap can make 100 shiny coins as well.

So what exactly is the problem?? :scratch2:

This would even out the differential between melee and gun users, and not force people to sell shrapnel.

I support this idea. I don't think it is stupid at all, unlike some other posters.

And I like how this has come full circle.

The worst suggestion ever.

Why is removing MU from loot a good idea to anyone? To anyone that hunts? Throw shrapnel into TT and your problem is solved, :scratch2:

Because it is a flat cut for everyone. Right now melee users have to sell their shrapnel for 100.5% or so, while gun users can generally cycle at 101% without issues.

The MU is generated by MA. If it is removed it can be just incorporated back into the loot anyways.

In fact, easiest thing to do is just remove the conversion. You can just tt the shrapnel then lol.

This would even out the differential between melee and gun users, and not force people to sell shrapnel.

I support this idea. I don't think it is stupid at all, unlike some other posters.

And I like how this has come full circle.

No, evening out the difference between melee users and ranged would to add to the repair system to allow shrap to be used at a 101% rate to repair your items.

Or as I've suggested before, which I think is better then the above, would be to add uni-ammo consumption to melee that would take the place of the melee items decay when uni-ammo is present. Yea yea this breaks the reality of melee but so does adding an amp or enhancers to a knife lol.

I'm a melee user myself. When using melee I dislike looting so much shrap because I have to switch back to a gun from time to time when I'm trying to skill melee as much as I can, however using a gun I absolutely love shrap cuz I can grind so much longer without needing to stop and tt/repair.

As for removal of shrap from loot, fuck that, I don't want oils that sell for less than 101% + auction fees. I don't want ammo and I'm verrry happy MA removed it and replaced with shrap. And I don't want peds in loot as that is more dead tt in loot, that of which there is already too damn much of. I wasn't part of the 2% chosens that supposedly profited consistantly in tt return % so I need MU to keep the depo gremlins at bay. It's bad enough that I already spend too much on strong boxes :D

Okay done ranting for now.

:TLDR; peds in loot is stupid, shrap in loot is great, if u primarily use melee buy a fucking gun and use it a little.

No, evening out the difference between melee users and ranged would to add to the repair system to allow shrap to be used at a 101% rate to repair your items.

Or as I've suggested before, which I think is better then the above, would be to add uni-ammo consumption to melee that would take the place of the melee items decay when uni-ammo is present. Yea yea this breaks the reality of melee but so does adding an amp or enhancers to a knife lol.

I'm a melee user myself. When using melee I dislike looting so much shrap because I have to switch back to a gun from time to time when I'm trying to skill melee as much as I can, however using a gun I absolutely love shrap cuz I can grind so much longer without needing to stop and tt/repair.

As for removal of shrap from loot, fuck that, I don't want oils that sell for less than 101% + auction fees. I don't want ammo and I'm verrry happy MA removed it and replaced with shrap. And I don't want peds in loot as that is more dead tt in loot, that of which there is already too damn much of. I wasn't part of the 2% chosens that supposedly profited consistantly in tt return % so I need MU to keep the depo gremlins at bay. It's bad enough that I already spend too much on strong boxes :D

Okay done ranting for now.

:TLDR; peds in loot is stupid, shrap in loot is great, if u primarily use melee buy a fucking gun and use it a little.

For one hour of melee, I need like 5 hours or so to cycle on a gun to get rid of the shrapnel LOL. I get maybe 250 ped shrapnel an hour with arcspark+VI, then I spend 5 hours decaying that stack by 50 peds an hour with a gun. (Of course I can speed that up with CDF gun or something but the sentiment is the same....)

For one hour of melee, I need like 5 hours or so to cycle on a gun to get rid of the shrapnel LOL. I get maybe 250 ped shrapnel an hour with arcspark+VI, then I spend 5 hours decaying that stack by 50 peds an hour with a gun. (Of course I can speed that up with CDF gun or something but the sentiment is the same....)

Mining can consume up to 12 PED/minute (normal finder, indoors) (roughly equivalent to a 60 dps gun) or, if you're impatient, 48 PED/minute (L30, Ark UG). Extracting claims will of course take some time, too, but at least you don't get any shrap back.

I think removing shrapnel would be a bad thing.

I understand unfairness to melee users therefore MA should implement ArMatrix LB and SB which use ammo like Castorian Pioneer EnBlade-6 E.L.M Edition (L). Problem solved. :)

My 2 cents.

Just NO!
Please do not remove shrapnel from loot. I payed when there was PED in the loot. This is better.
Just TT all the loot and you have peds. What is the problem with that? You even have portable TT..

the only reason to agree with OP is when I would use the standard loot window (which I dont anymore)

Those shiny coins did look nice in the loot window :D

Thanks

I have a better idea. Let's remove loot and replace it with strongboxes and as of now, make every other loot that is rare and replace it with keys. Also sell keys for real money, of course!

So then we have billions of strongboxes and rare key messages in chat.

[Globals]: Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro killed a creature (Scipulor Old) with a value of 58 Strongbox Keys!

Congratz! Strongboxes should of course contain mostly...drumroll...sharpnel!

I don't see why this is an issue, I like shrapnel.. I mean if you feel you have to much UA, why don't you manage it better? Maybe not convert all at once? Sell some of it? Etc.

You must be kidding. What not to love about shrapnel? Just don't convert it during the hunt, it's a road to ruin.

I think removing shrapnel would be a bad thing.

I understand unfairness to melee users therefore MA should implement ArMatrix LB and SB which use ammo like Castorian Pioneer EnBlade-6 E.L.M Edition (L). Problem solved. :)

My 2 cents.

Ya! fuck clubs and whips and powerfist -- amirite!?

Just kidding... but if they make armatrix versions of melee, it shouldn't be limited to only LB and SB. Clubs/power fisters :tongue2:, and whippers should get equal treatment. You can argue rocket launchers in this conversation as well.

So replace it with what? Explosive projectiles? J/k Lol.

For melee users, just adapt. A lot of us already did. Mindark will never put melee alt to shrapnel or ua webshop shit out there so just change your style. Gotta do a tagger shot anyways to draw mob out so enjoy.

Shrapnel is better than all that blp and explosive ammo we used to get when we didn't have blp guns or ngl to burn it... (got both now, so if you do want to bring it back that way, go ahead Mindark, make my day - not that it'd matter since UA works across the board mostly for non-explosive weapons anyways.)

U repairing too often? Might be willing to sell my embra c1 for the right price. Max TT in it is up there.... Look at other similar stuff too... Lots of unlimited stuff with high TT Max if u look around for it.

I still wouldn't mind owning an unimilited mamba some day. 2180.00 PED tt could be nice in trying to tame the big boys.

Last edited:
Because it serves no purpose, except for MA to get you to cycle more.

Shrapnel conversion can just simply be included in loot return.

Except them you can just sink shrap into swords and TT them off. They would have to lock you from TTing things you repair with shrap. which is a pain...

Because it serves no purpose, except for MA to get you to cycle more.

Shrapnel conversion can just simply be included in loot return.

Like it obviously was before and then be most fair for all professions :)

I would keep shrapnel. Why? Well because all loot calculation round down to the nearest pec. so if you don't constantly get shrapnel every loot you would either have to get frags or else you would go back to some of the no looters because of a lack of less then a pec. items. On larger mobs you wouldn't see this, but you would still have a chance to loose the % of a pec that you would normally gain from a less then a pec value drops.

Read some of the posts about why not to craft much of EP1 blueprints as it deals with this rounding down.

I just would like to know why MF, melee, whip users have to loose more ped than a pistol or riffle users. This is only 1% or 0.5% if you can sell your shrapnel, but this small % count.

Maybe a simply way is to allow us to use shrapnel with repair terminal. Shrapnel can stay in loot and all hunters can use them, UA ammos for riffle/pistol and repair tools for all others. About L items i have no idea ;) except using ELM edition.

I just would like to know why MF, melee, whip users have to loose more ped than a pistol or riffle users. This is only 1% or 0.5% if you can sell your shrapnel, but this small % count.

Maybe a simply way is to allow us to use shrapnel with repair terminal. Shrapnel can stay in loot and all hunters can use them, UA ammos for riffle/pistol and repair tools for all others. About L items i have no idea ;) except using ELM edition.

And if all would we rolled back again to loot ammo instead of shrap , all your problems are solved....so you get at least 0.5% more than if it would be ammo..

there HAS to be a "loot filler" other than materials otherwise all would be flooded over...just stick to it, maybe you also use it with more mining instead?

Sorry but i agree with the shrapnel thing as it is nowadays...you have still all options left..selling or using..even better than it was before :)

Maybe a simply way is to allow us to use shrapnel with repair terminal. Shrapnel can stay in loot and all hunters can use them, UA ammos for riffle/pistol and repair tools for all others.
Been suggesting the same thing for a while:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288131-Universal-Ammo-for-Melee-Repair

I just would like to know why MF

MF chips can use UA. That being said, while putting a good solution for melee users inplace is badly needed, I completely disagree with turning back to peds. The forums were full of people moaning "wtf is that, mobs looting coins, why can't we have some economy around skins, intestins etc". There was some magic in seeing suddenly a nice pile of peds at hofs etc but the magic was ended quickly when dragging them on the pedcard.

Because it is a flat cut for everyone. Right now melee users have to sell their shrapnel for 100.5% or so, while gun users can generally cycle at 101% without issues.

The MU is generated by MA. If it is removed it can be just incorporated back into the loot anyways.

Yes it can be!
But than at christmas you get presents from Santa.:laugh::laugh:

Dont change stuff majority of players like and that acctualy works. You claim that its unfair to mele users... where were you 2 years ago when shrap was implemented(or whenever it was).

Two years ago, not 50-80% of my loot is shrapnel:)

I also wasn't playing at that time lol. Came back sometime at beginning of 2016 or so.

And up to the recent loot 2.0 VU, I could sell shrapnel for 100.8%, sometimes 100.9%.

If you ask them to remove shrapnel they will just repeal it- and not replace it!

but to be serious for a minuet - this is the one thing they did that i actually like - you can use shrapnel on any weapon you carry so if you need to switch to BLP for whatever reason or to laser you just do it - no need to buy 2 kinds of ammo

as for melee hunters - get a gun already :) j/k don't freak out

Also easier to track results as you do not shoot looted ammo - unfortunately most times i rather not even know the
the result as it is pretty much a guaranteed loss most times

i would like to see UA in the TT !

Why the **** to remove shrapnel and to replace it with PED? The shrapnel is PED after all? And you have a choice - get the PED or get +1% ammo. It seems to me the guy just plan to deprive as from the legit 1% MU we get. Smart guy:mad:

Back