Anyone using the the new phone app login ? I am thinking about the switch

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Just wondering how it is and if you have had any trouble. I guess I will have to switch anyway because the GC is going away.

I'm using it a longgg time allready, and would never want to go back to have to carry my silly GC around anymore.
The first release had problems with codes starting with 0. Like 012345, 093167, that would give a incorrect time error ingame while login. But that seems to be fixed a few months ago, I could not see when that happend so I just decided to try a 0 generated code again and it works now.

So go for it and dump the GC :)

I also moved to the Entropia Pocket app and would never want to go back to GC.
It's easy, always with you, and it's way more practical.

after 10 years of goldcard I also made the switch.
I was getting to many errors on the card and I didnt want to order a new one.
The app works wonderfull. No problem at all.
And now I always have my code at hand instead of my goldcard on my desk.

Just try it. You wont regret.

It also sends you game important game notifications as well .

Same here from 10+ years of GC i switched to app and I don't regret it

Its mainly platform specific stuff and the Caly news is pushed to it . Also has each VU's release notes

It also sends you game important game notifications as well .

Yes and it gets on my nerves. I have tried to disable them (and they show as off in the settings) but I am still getting them. :(

I'm using it a longgg time allready, and would never want to go back to have to carry my silly GC around anymore.
The first release had problems with codes starting with 0. Like 012345, 093167, that would give a incorrect time error ingame while login. But that seems to be fixed a few months ago, I could not see when that happend so I just decided to try a 0 generated code again and it works now.

So go for it and dump the GC :)

I guess one would have to have the app to understand what you said :).

Yes and it gets on my nerves. I have tried to disable them (and they show as off in the settings) but I am still getting them. :(

If they were ok with you disabling it, they could just let us use the Google Authenticator like everyone else instead of reinventing the wheel :)

Works perfectly for me.

Also I was happy it notified me when the system was down the other day due to lag :)

Just wondering how it is and if you have had any trouble. I guess I will have to switch anyway because the GC is going away.

*** Party pooper hat on ***

Until MA release a UWA (Universal Windows App) for desktop/win10 mobile, I'm sticking to the GC.

*** hat off ***

Good to hear the app works well for those who use it.

Until MA release a UWA (Universal Windows App) for desktop/win10 mobile, I'm sticking to the GC.

But it would be worse than CG, you would be bound to that desktop machine because you can't have the app on 2 different devices at same time, have to deauthorize one to install on the other. But it that's ok, you can run the android version on your desktop with Bluestacks.

*** Party pooper hat on ***

*** hat off ***

Good to hear the app works well for those who use it.

No one does this...the whole point is to have them on two separate devices. Just because you can access the laptop, it does not necessarily mean you can access the smartphone...and by that it also becomes an extra layer of security.

Also if my computer is compromised..it would mean that my password can be logged or even the whole desktop can be captured. And of course, knowing my password and seeing the generated code, you can access my account.

The pocket app is essentially the old GC, just that on smartphone. Once synchronized with MA server, you can use it offline. I haven't tested if it works without the SIM inserted, but I suppose it does, if your specific smartphone can initialize as such. No regrets for switching.

But it would be worse than CG, you would be bound to that desktop machine because you can't have the app on 2 different devices at same time, have to deauthorize one to install on the other. But it that's ok, you can run the android version on your desktop with Bluestacks.

No one does this...the whole point is to have them on two separate devices. Just because you can access the laptop, it does not necessarily mean you can access the smartphone...and by that it also becomes an extra layer of security.

Also if my computer is compromised..it would mean that my password can be logged or even the whole desktop can be captured. And of course, knowing my password and seeing the generated code, you can access my account.

UWA is the framework for win10 mobile - which would make it inherently work on desktop too. That was the only classification that was made.

So to stop the wowsers who like to correct every post or imagine every scenario regarding security breaches let me rephrase...

MA - Please make a version for win10 mobile.

Chaz.

Works perfectly for me.

Also I was happy it notified me when the system was down the other day due to lag :)

Do you get a lot of notifications ? If so can that be turned off ? I don't really like to a bunch of notifications. I had to turn off the google notifications on my phone because of all the crap. I do admit I liked the notifications about traffic accidents but just way too much other stuff. I don't really need to know everything going on at every moment:).

UWA is the framework for win10 mobile - which would make it inherently work on desktop too. That was the only classification that was made.

So to stop the wowsers who like to correct every post or imagine every scenario regarding security breaches let me rephrase...

MA - Please make a version for win10 mobile.

Chaz.

Ok so you want one for win 10 mobile..
But honestly, why spend the effort on a dead platform?

Ok so you want one for win 10 mobile..
But honestly, why spend the effort on a dead platform?

I agree, if memory serves me I believe that Microsoft made an announcement to that effect.

I like the pocket app. Just keep your GC around because if you disable the pocket app, it defaults to the GC :D

(found out when I got a new phone)

I like the pocket app. Just keep your GC around because if you disable the pocket app, it defaults to the GC :D

(found out when I got a new phone)

Didn't you have to cancel the GC when you switched to the pocket app ?

QUOTE:

Hi Coz,

Yes, since the launch of Entropia Pocket we have not given out any new Gold cards to customers.

The Gold card system is an old discontinued system that is slowly being replaced by Entropia Pocket.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

AND I asked when the GC would be phased out:

Hi Coz,

As stated in our previous response, new Gold cards are not given out to customers.

When their Gold cards fail, they will have to change to the new system.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support!

I don't think mine would last anyway as I have had it almost 10 years :).

I agree, if memory serves me I believe that Microsoft made an announcement to that effect.

The announcement is regarding Windows Mobile which refers to Win Mobile 8.1 and earlier variants - which was a slow and trashy mobile OS.

Not the smartest PR exercise by MS so the confusion is expected, which also propagates itself through the press and public.

Win 10 Mobile is alive as ever (very popular in business circles - not so much with the candy crushers).

Is there a timeframe when GC's become defunct?

The announcement is regarding Windows Mobile which refers to Win Mobile 8.1 and earlier variants - which was a slow and trashy mobile OS.

Not the smartest PR exercise by MS so the confusion is expected, which also propagates itself through the press and public.

Win 10 Mobile is alive as ever (very popular in business circles - not so much with the candy crushers).

Is there a timeframe when GC's become defunct?

They really didn't give me a time frame but said there will be no new cards issued and I seemed to get the feeling that it won't be too long, but we are talking to MA her, the same people that took one release to screw the cave mission (My Fav back then) and almost a year to fix it so who knows:).

Back