PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Is kiting an exploit?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 25.53%
  • No

70 74.47%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems some people think it's normal running/jumping that I'm talking about (it's not) and some want to pretend that it's just normal mechanics when they know it's not.

Oh well, it looks like most people are ok with this sort of thing now...
    'kiting' is a normal game play or hunting technique.

what you're talking about seems to be some sort of glitching.

Nothing wrong with kiting and as long zs you call (whatever) that you will continue to get confusion.

If the game has a motion glitch in it (press 'm' anyone?) there is no doubt that people will take what advantage they can. and tbh it's pretty expected.

Thanks for publishing though this leads to curiosity and pretty soon the technique will become standard if it's real and not just a client/display glitch. At that point if it's costing them money, MA may fix it. If it's not costing them money, it's not costing me money, so it's no matter.

'm' is a little different lol it incurs a cost to players but not MA.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Think of honoring Lootius in the way you do of tithing to a real world church and you should be able to easily afford 3-15% of your income irl, etc...
    Where can I buy a Bumper Sticker?

Hadlen Immortal Deity
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Well, to make the macro you'd have to get it right at least once. So yea, some skill there. This thread is about exploiting though.

Willfully admitting to automated play? Exploiting.

Playing normally with skill? Well, that's the current conversation we should get back to.
    But macros are exploits according to MA rules (third party software to control interaction).

Of course they have no way or motivation to clamp down on abusers, just like pvp-auto-follow "not exploit" exploit.
    The legends are true.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Elissia Eli Talor
    Images
    Then allow us to shoot targets behind us. Seeing as we all have necks that are stuck in the forward position, I hardly see this as an exploit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    Dunno what to say on this in particular, but I did saw someone on eomons moving with a speed comparable to a valkyrie and that is deffinitely not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    Dunno what to say on this in particular, but I did saw someone on eomons moving with a speed comparable to a valkyrie and that is deffinitely not ok.
    no wonder. when you see someone with 100+ agility and like 40% speed boost this is not surprising. not sure but i think item cap is 25% speed boost + 15% from pills or something around that
    and not sure if the bunny counts as item or not

Ofc its never faster than just plain running away from mob.. and yes the speed buffs help alot on these..

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    It seems some people think it's normal running/jumping that I'm talking about (it's not) and some want to pretend that it's just normal mechanics when they know it's not.

Oh well, it looks like most people are ok with this sort of thing now...
    As many have said it is normal and I hate to say this but this is literally the dumbest thread I ever read in the hunting section. I was laying down reading this and it literally made my head hurt. Are some of you people this bored now to come up with topics like this? Is water wet would of been a better poll then this.

Holy jumping S**t balls actually playing the game and moving is an exploit? Come on guys!!!!!!

I am mainly melee and this doesn't change my opinion of the matter. This is a live action game with mechanics, skills and buffs. What is the point in even getting more agility for run speed or having speed items and buffs if you can't use them? Kiting is a HUGE part of action games! You are supposed to do it!

This thread makes zero sense and further more the word exploit is so heavily overused its insane. Just play the game. Oh by the way even though I am mainly melee I used speed buffs, pills and Pyro to kite mobs of Atrox Hatchling around in a cirlce for hours while killing them. I used the items exactly what they are intended for. Guess what? It also was tons of fun. The people that stood there and died should of learned how to adjust and play the game.
    The Abomb now has Veteran Wood! Level 37 Resource Gatherer, 4627 RG Skill points
    I love to light things on Fire and Stab them with my Sword: Longblade 8105 - Pyrokinesis 5491

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally don't see why you would want to do it, but to each their own.

If most of the people who do this a lot actually let the mobs hit them all these years, they wouldn't be getting hit anymore, and wouldn't have to move. At this point I have to go up to prots and occy ect and go naked melee just to skill decent healing for the few times they do land.

I do tend to think that the crit nerfs are partially to blame for this style of play though, as those players generally never showed decays, and skewed results even more while using EST armor ect. I dont think it was the crits as much as the lack of healing/armor decays and high hof ratios that made MA even look at it.
    Records to date: 7454 Caldorite / 40680 Brood of Unruly / 35186 Explosive Projectiles
    I offer crafting on demand with over 1600 unique blueprints, many rares, and many high QR.

2006-2008(cashout) / 2011-2017 5k-445k total natural skills and still goin./ 101 BLP / 287 HP

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    I personally don't see why you would want to do it, but to each their own.

If most of the people who do this a lot actually let the mobs hit them all these years, they wouldn't be getting hit anymore, and wouldn't have to move. At this point I have to go up to prots and occy ect and go naked melee just to skill decent healing for the few times they do land.

I do tend to think that the crit nerfs are partially to blame for this style of play though, as those players generally never showed decays, and skewed results even more while using EST armor ect. I dont think it was the crits as much as the lack of healing/armor decays and high hof ratios that made MA even look at it.
    I concur with this too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    As many have said it is normal and I hate to say this but this is literally the dumbest thread I ever read in the hunting section. I was laying down reading this and it literally made my head hurt. Are some of you people this bored now to come up with topics like this? Is water wet would of been a better poll then this.

Holy jumping S**t balls actually playing the game and moving is an exploit? Come on guys!!!!!!

I am mainly melee and this doesn't change my opinion of the matter. This is a live action game with mechanics, skills and buffs. What is the point in even getting more agility for run speed or having speed items and buffs if you can't use them? Kiting is a HUGE part of action games! You are supposed to do it!

This thread makes zero sense and further more the word exploit is so heavily overused its insane. Just play the game. Oh by the way even though I am mainly melee I used speed buffs, pills and Pyro to kite mobs of Atrox Hatchling around in a cirlce for hours while killing them. I used the items exactly what they are intended for. Guess what? It also was tons of fun. The people that stood there and died should of learned how to adjust and play the game.
    Apparently, you do not know how to fucking read.

Don't worry though, you aren't the only one.
    2.00% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast