PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Is kiting an exploit?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 25.56%
  • No

67 74.44%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kiting, exploit or not?

Simple, do you think Kiting is an exploit or not?

I have never done it myself so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it involves running away from the mob, somehow using both a strafe (running sideways) and a jump simultaneously which launches your avatar away from the mob with unusual speed, and may even appear to be a sort of teleporting to the observer. This enables almost anyone to kill any mob slow enough (like eomon) without getting hit at all.

Personally, I think it's an exploit. I don't think the movement is intended and is a glitch, which some hunters take advantage of. It enables players to hunt mobs that would otherwise be above their level, or at a minimum avoid all armor/fap decay.
    1.99% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Mathilda nukegirl Chei
    Society
    Rangers
    IMO entropia should be revamped into turn-based combat to prevent silly bug abuses like this

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    All ranged weapons are exploits!

Melee is the only fair way to play

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sounds like movement around the hitbox or something similar...

In theory, yes, Mindark should re-do the entire game from the ground up so that there are no exploits, but they've got so many damn exploitable things out there and databases that their programmers have only half baked ideas on how to go to program it through to where it is that doing something like that would cause the entire game to disappear, so it'd be a bad idea overall...

Exploit - yes, potentially, but as mentioned anything in the game can be considered an exploit by someone else, and often is... so many damn avatars out there are always skipping and jumping around like they are high on meth. Explains why it's seen out in the field so much I suppose.

Didn't realize there was a name for it. Maybe mindark should put real kites in game once the exploit is fixed. Kiting, ping-pong hunting... so many different ways to do the same basic thing... ah well, at least they aren't gonna get the armor bonus loot?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Kiting imo is not an exploit , is just another style of game playing , in all mmo's I've experienced , it takes a level of skill to effectively do

If kiting was a legitimate exploit , then as soon as you take your first shot at a mob you should then be paralyzed to the point of not even being able to walk backwards away from mob while shooting it

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Zen Power
    Images
    bunnyhopping was a legit tactic in shooters 20 years ago already

sure you can argue kiting in EU is unfair for everyone who can't do it, or prefers to play with mouse or joypad only, or can't hit any mob without autoaim at all.

on the other side it requires skill to do that, and there's so many more important issues, that i couldn't care less.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bunnyhopping was a legit tactic in shooters 20 years ago already

sure you can argue kiting in EU is unfair for everyone who can't do it, or prefers to play with mouse or joypad only, or can't hit any mob without autoaim at all.

on the other side it requires skill to do that, and there's so many more important issues, that i couldn't care less.
    The problem is it's not normal movement, the combination of keys/turning produces a movement of the avatar that is faster than it should be. It's not a matter of simply having the dexterity to press keys a certain way.
    1.99% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is it's not normal movement, the combination of keys/turning produces a movement of the avatar that is faster than it should be. It's not a matter of simply having the dexterity to press keys a certain way.
    you are not faster than you should be. you are exactly as fast as when running forward. so strafing is same speed. but it would even be possible without strafing at all. just take a gun with apm you are where you are able to do it without missing too much time not attacking, like 30 attacks per minute, then shoot once, turn around, turn around and shoot. most games even offer 180 turn options which would make this really easy. but even without its easy. just a little movement skill needed. and you cant exploit running forward... only thing to counter this would make it that you can only walk when you shot once for like 3 seconds. but thatd piss off a lot of people who dont even do kiting.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Why u woke up now Xen ? Ppls were doing this since 2014-2015 on prot right ?

Wow this is stupid.. is backpedalling after pulling a mob also an exploit..? U are "running" from the mob... i personally use kiting on proterons and i dont see anything wrong in that... im using my agility to have benefits... i think it might be hard for those 3rd person clicker heroes to pull it off and thats why they think it should be counted as an exploit which its not... it goes to same category with team hunt where you ping pong the mob with long range guns...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast