My hope for loot 2.1

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
The recent VU saw a lot of small improvements.. well done!

I think loot 2.0 remained untouched. Maybe some Mindark employee reads this thread and maybe they will think it makes sense.

Loot 2.1 should include:

- DNA animal parts for all creatures that can be spawned on landareas, so there can be more diversity at the landareas. I am not talking about Creatures that were won in contests, but creatures from which DNA was looted in the past. Currently the only DNA that still loots are Merp, Exarosaur and Neconu.
This gives incentive to hunters to start hunting creatures more if they know they could loot a rare dna part.

- Rare material drops for blueprints that currently are useless. I understand why BTAU and ATAU stopped dropping in large numbers in the past, but no drops at all makes these blueprints obsolete, and we should encourage diversity + people invested in blueprints.
This gives incentive to both hunters and crafters

- Totally stop dropping good L-weapons/tools in loot. Instead, drop new non-sib UL weapons/tools in loot and provide upgrade possibilities to sib/enhanced stats with crafting/mined/farmed materials (like you did with adjusted ep-41 and all other weapons)
these ul non-sib weapons do not have to be the old school weapons, but could also be new non-sib UL weapons. (like the gravis guns from arkadia)
The SIB market should be in total control of the crafters. Crafters are the only ones to craft L-items and with crafted and looted and mined and farmed materials, players can upgrade their non-sib UL gear to sib using NPCs
Do this also for lower level gear (8-30 dps weapons, low level faps etc)
The effect of this is that a hunter gets a real item in their loot, which is always cool. Lower level players can use the upgrade path to improve/sibify their looted items, while level 100 players can simply use the items they loot and there is a new reason to craft. Because some materials also have to be mined up, the miners are also happy. And lastly, because one ingredient is also a farmed material, the landplot farmers are also not forgotten.
A side effect is that weapons/items are no longer tt-food, but always have value.
L-weapons have value because they are crafted and serve a purpose (good eco or dps or both)
Unlimited non sib have value because they are real items that do not break.
adjusted or sibified items have value because they have sib and nicer stats (although L weapons should always have the best stats)

- Introduce buffs on makeup masks and crafted clothing
To revive the makeup and tailoring market, blueprints should be adjusted to include small buffs for the wearer. There should be a terminal where blueprints/makeup masked can be dropped which will have the following outcome:
1 the blueprint/mask gets destroyed- nothing returned
2 the blueprint/mask gets destroyed- some residue returned
3 the blueprint/mask gets adjusted to include a small random buff (1 to 3%)
the effect is that there is a reason to wear makeup and clothes.

Last edited:
in short :

for me yes to point 1 +2

for point 3 a mixture is the best i think...you dont overflood the market with ul ones...and you need also L weps in loot to sell or use for others ...
crafters can fill up hte market with remaining demand etc

- Rare material drops for blueprints that currently are useless. I understand why BTAU and ATAU stopped dropping in large numbers in the past, but no drops at all makes these blueprints obsolete, and we should encourage diversity + people invested in blueprints.

Hell fucking no.

They nerfed my ark guns into the ground instead of removing them from loot like they did on caly. If caly gets yet another weapon crafting/looting buff I'll murder someone :mad:

If the markup on the ingredients were not so damn high, many crafters would click quite a few things. I DON'T completely understand why BTAU etc. stopped. What the fuck good is some of the level 1 blueprints if you can't craft em all since there are not BTAU anywhere to be found... Loot 2.0 fixed a bit on hunting side. FIX THE CRAFTING SIDE OF THINGS ALREADY! Mindark, you are greatly reducing the number of crafters when they see stuff like the markup level on hard to find ingredients like BTAU... they see the bp, see the markup on just a level 1 bp, and are like, oh hell no, we can't go down this path, and so a lot of folks that might craft more don't... Balancing manager, do your job please.

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

I can see that EVERY top 25 crafting hof is Explosives.... everything is right in the world

(sarcasm ^^^)

Man, these are actually some cool ideas.

Rather then focusing so much on the DNA stuff for LA's I would hope that they somehow try to reinvent LA's altogether... if the option of mob is available elsewhere then why would you go to an LA?.. Unless..spawn is crazy good, event.

Rather then focusing so much on the DNA stuff for LA's I would hope that they somehow try to reinvent LA's altogether... if the option of mob is available elsewhere then why would you go to an LA?.. Unless..spawn is crazy good, event.

I hope they rework LA's altogether to make them actually appealing to hunters while still being profitable for owners...

The current system is doomed to fail when people realize they don't want to be gouged, and LA owners are cornered into gouging the few people who use their LA due to fertilzation costs if they want to maintain a worthwhile LA.

It feels pretty poorly thought out in my opinion.

Removed my post cos I am way to noob for this crowd.

Last edited:
Anything that introduce more UL items is a bad idea, if you want a working economy you can't do that, an UL item it's like a perpetuum mobile, once you get it(even if it requires upgrades) you isolate yourself from the economy and in the end after more and more are released most resources/items will become close to TT food.
Anything that introduce more UL items is a mistake, if you want the game to live.(we can accept a small % of UL items , but that percentage should be correlated with active player base)
The same with the DNAs, make them L, make them last 1-3-6-9 months? but don't make them last forever.

Anything that introduce more UL items is a bad idea, if you want a working economy you can't do that, an UL item it's like a perpetuum mobile, once you get it(even if it requires upgrades) you isolate yourself from the economy and in the end after more and more are released most resources/items will become close to TT food.
Anything that introduce more UL items is a mistake, if you want the game to live.(we can accept a small % of UL items , but that percentage should be correlated with active player base)
The same with the DNAs, make them L, make them last 1-3-6-9 months? but don't make them last forever.

Limited DNAs was actually a pretty awsome idea, fun!! :)

{ CLARIFICATION: My response here is NOT a rant about loot or loot levels as such. Or bitching about my losses. Just stating the obvious. Giving insight into crafters mindset. Each time I deposit its a concious choice and considdered spent. }

I have a strong amount of sympathy for any fellow Roger Wilco fan, but mate, your mindset is not that of a crafter. Neither crafting neither hunting nor mining work on the premises of this one big hit to cover all losses.

What you can hope from a big hit is to ensure you a temporary bankroll for an activity with expected positive outcome from MU perspective.

Nobody even with a mild experience of the game would go "wow" over a 10k hof of explosives. At 20 ped per click, is barely a 500x multiplier. If is on condition, even worse, is only a 50x. What you can hope for is some precious stone with MU and some skills. That is all. You're fooling yourself big time.

Last edited:
I have a strong amount of sympathy for any fellow Roger Wilco fan, but mate, your mindset is not that of a crafter. Neither crafting neither hunting nor mining work on the premises of this one big hit to cover all losses.

What you can hope from a big hit is to ensure you a temporary bankroll for an activity with expected positive outcome from MU perspective.

Nobody even with a mild experience of the game would go "wow" over a 10k hof of explosives. At 20 ped per click, is barely a 500x multiplier. If is on condition, even worse, is only a 50x. What you can hope for is some precious stone with MU and some skills. That is all. You're fooling yourself big time.

Good point indeed. I am certainly waking up to that fact.

I hope they rework LA's altogether to make them actually appealing to hunters while still being profitable for owners...

The current system is doomed to fail when people realize they don't want to be gouged, and LA owners are cornered into gouging the few people who use their LA due to fertilzation costs if they want to maintain a worthwhile LA.

Yea, here are two ideas:
- Entry Fee and no tax, entry fee valid for X time.
- Subscription per X time, with some sort of spectator mode or review option for the LA.

From a hunters POV..
The only way to make hunting/mining on an LA appealing is by adding more MU..
The problem is, if you add more gun drops on LA's.. everyone will hunton the LA's making the MU drop again.
Maybe drop some more oils there, but then again.. mu on them is allready low so I have no real solution here, only issue's to think about

Nanocubes, imho, is strangling the EU economy. Go to Bob the Builder page showing all the crafting recipes w/them
http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/index.php?page=301&itemNo=25054

If just nano's were replaced with resources from hunting/mining/crafting, there would be much more purpose and player to player generated mu. There would again be 1200+ pages of auction, there would still be those that just have to gamble big but would contribute to the ingame economy, rather than just deal with MR TT MA.

Way back, before missions, even after the first few land areas....there was much more reason you did a particular activity, or tried to hunt a particular mob, or mined most resources, or skilled a wide array of resource using blueprints. You might browse the auction orders or shortages/surpluses for purpose of your activity ...they were all more inter-related than today.

The L v UL mixture goes along with this. As more % of active players use UL, less player dependent resources in the economy are used. Even enhancers are in great part nano's, if just those were replaced with animal oils.

Loot 2.0, imho, shouldn't even have been necessary. MA short-sightedness and greed, coupled with player greed and cleverness, quite a combo, and has always been problematic.

Replace nanocubes with resources, and Loot 2.0 would work for everyone, including MA in the long run. That's going backward to make crafting, hunting, mining more purposeful, engaging, long term, fun, and inter-connected among players. I do not find it fun to loot nanocubes. UL SIB weapons should slow down, exploits should quickly be discovered or acted upon, and hammered.

Limited DNA samples would be awesome. MA could do a lot for the economy in a way that makes sense. For an example of what could be in the DNA sample: reskin a mob with different colors and textures like they already do constantly, give the mob some dumb new maturity like " argonaut apostle" or "proteron crusher" etc... tweak it's stats a bit, then add some limited weapon that has slightly better stats than the other equal leveled weapons to its loot pool. Powerful limited armors with low max TT value would be cool as well. The catch is that the DNA samples are really rare, and they only last like a week so the hype doesn't have time to die and the items are still limited enough to not kill markup in other areas of the market. Then some land owner gets a hold of the DNA sample, raises the tax to 5%, but the gun or armor that's occasionally dropped by the mob has high enough markup to make it still worth the hunt.

Nothing would be wrong with unlimited items if there were crafted reasons to 'pimp my year'.

We already got tiers. Leave that alone. Introduce 10 new slots on top of that for 'runes' and another 10 for 'gems.' Runes and gems would be craftable buff or bling items to add style and good attributes to the gear... Use mixes of blueprints already in game that don't have a lot of uses, etc.

Maybe give textures some minor buff purposes related to the type of mob that texture came from...

Replace double shrapnel with loot used to convert mined resources in to gems and runes via crafting.

For nostalgia add in old promised crap too... Factories, fishing, water treatment plant, golf course as a part of this new era... Each with some purpose... Fish to feed pets instead of nutrio? Factory built goods, etc.

Last edited:
3 words: craftable weapon skins.
'
If these skins are only changing weapon appearance then consider it as successful as makeup/tailoring part of the game(next to dead).
EU is 95% about money, most of the people don't care about graphics as long as the item do it's job good.

Back