Is there a way to edit you display name.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
If your display name "Andy" and you want to make it display "Andy the Giant" is that possible ? You would not really change your name just the display.

rightclick>Avatar>Avatar Name

You get to choose which of three parts to display.

This is known to malfunction if you have private chats in the main dock - it occasionally resets back to displaying all three.

rightclick>Avatar>Avatar Name

You get to choose which of three parts to display.

This is known to malfunction if you have private chats in the main dock - it occasionally resets back to displaying all three.

I guess no one understands what I am trying to say. I want to ADD ADDITIONAL letters to my DISPLAY name. In effect just change my display name to something different SAME current display name WITH a few letters added, I do not want to change my avatar name just the display name.

I guess no one understands what I am trying to say.

Regularly, no, we don't.

I guess no one understands what I am trying to say. I want to ADD ADDITIONAL letters to my DISPLAY name. In effect just change my display name to something different SAME current display name WITH a few letters added, I do not want to change my avatar name just the display name.

No, you can only display your three names (For, Nick, and Sur) in the orders: 1, 12, 123, 13, 2, 23, 3.

I guess no one understands what I am trying to say.

I almost posted same answer as Haruto but got a suspicion that it, as it's often with your questions, can't be that simple and decided to wait :silly2:

Your display name IS your avatar name, full or partial. If people could add arbitrary letters to their displayed name they could impersonate other people. Say a guy named Andy the Shorty hides all but the first part, adds "the Giant" to it and shouts obscenities at Twin Peaks, putting someone actually named "Andy the Giant" on every kos list :). That's the most innocuous scenario. If I deal with someone I don't know and their name looks partially hidden, I would scan them to see the full name. But it wouldn't occur to me if the visible part already looked complete.

Back