Best Auction IDEA to stop mistakes

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Well, it might not be the best one.

But i have an idea for a solution to the 'entire ped card' on open auctions, problem.

Have an option - which can be anywhere, i would prefer option-controls - that is a tick box for 'Prevent bidding on open auctions'

For someone like me i would love this. If i want to bid on an open auction, i would open up options, untick, bid, then retick. This action in itself of unticking that box would make me realise that i am bidding on an open auction and i would already be on high alert.

What do you people think? It must be easy to implement, and if people don't like it, then they don't have to use it! No harm, no foul.

Pull my idea apart, please.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
Isn't there already a warning that says.. Your bid is XX% of the Months value?

So don't you have to click how much you bid and then confirm it.

If so, that's more than enough.

Isn't there already a warning that says.. Your bid is XX% of the Months value?

So don't you have to click how much you bid and then confirm it.

If so, that's more than enough.

Everyone ignores that, don't they? As it says it all the time?

Rgds

Ace

For someone like me i would love this. If i want to bid on an open auction, i would open up options, untick, bid, then retick.

No you won't, and it will trap you the next time. Because it takes vast mental efforts to remember to tick it back - just like to check the bidding settings, in the first place :ahh:

read a long time back about some bug that made npcs and terminals invisible on some planet... perhaps it could become an option somewhere in client loader to make auctioneer not show up all.

Alternatively, I suppose you could go trap yourself in Rockropia's prison...

I usually keep my ped card lowish in peds and the rest in stacks inside storage. Even those stacks....I try to keep them in separate "smaller" piles...so the risk of losing them all on a single mistake is reduced.

I don't see why the auction in a videogame needs more checkboxes, confirmations and safeguards than my literal real life online banking app.

When I'm transferring money / setting up a DD, I type the details in and then have to confirm it once. I don't see/hear of anyone fucking this up. People just need to pay more attention to things rather than being so blaise, especially when dealing with figures they can't afford to lose.

There is a solution that would be hated by everyone but is 99.9% working - make people extract peds manually from pedcard and drag into the auction window, like we do in private trades. Because no one would extract everything AND drag the whole pile, right? Have anyone ever traded the whole pedcard in a private trade?

There is a solution that would be hated by everyone but is 99.9% working - make people extract peds manually from pedcard and drag into the auction window, like we do in private trades. Because no one would extract everything AND drag the whole pile, right? Have anyone ever traded the whole pedcard in a private trade?

Yes, i actually like this no-brainer solution better.

Another thought"

There is a filter for "buyout only".

Now, if auction would remember filter state between sessions...

You are buying (Item) for (amount of PED).
Are you sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're sure that you're sure? (Y/N)
Absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're sure that you're absolutely sure?
This transaction can not be reversed. Are you 100% sure that you're sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're 100% sure that you're absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're sure that you're 100% sure that you're absolutely sure? (Y/N)
This transaction will be completed in 5 minutes, and you will have those 5 minutes to come to an 'oh shit' moment and reverse your transaction, and these confirmation prompts will repeat at that time, and then the transaction may be completed.

(5 minutes later)
Are you sure? (Y/N)
Absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Are you sure that you're sure that you're 100% sure that you're absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Transaction complete.

Make sure that in somewhere in the script that the popup window will put the 'No' button under the previous 'Yes' button to ensure that at some point, someone will accidentally click 'No'

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I like this idea a lot, it would certainly avoid a lot of mistakes.

My most annoying mistake is to bid the start bid when really I want to bid the buyout (which is 1 ped more) and then not have enough peds to outbid myself. This would certainly slow me down to put out the correct ammount.

Are you sure? (Y/N)
Absolutely sure? (Y/N)
This transaction will be completed in 5 minutes, and you will have those 5 minutes to come to an 'oh shit' moment and reverse your transaction, and these confirmation prompts will repeat at that time, and then the transaction may be completed.

(5 minutes later)
Are you sure? (Y/N)
Absolutely sure? (Y/N)
Transaction complete.

Make sure that in somewhere in the script that the popup window will put the 'No' button under the previous 'Yes' button to ensure that at some point, someone will accidentally click 'No'

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

People would be so annoyed they 'll do macro to avoid the hassle, then you'll see them complaining for auction mistakes. MA could make a captcha, entropia pocket confirmation, or the svarog way of manually putting peds ..
if people were responsible they won't need more warning than there are atm.
The only thing which is confusing at auction is for stackable which are not displayed in %.

You are bidding on (Item) for (amount of PED).
Type in (amount of PED) to confirm this bid _________.

You are bidding on (Item) for (amount of PED).
Type in (amount of PED) to confirm this bid _________.

"I've got fat fingers and pressed too many zeros, please MA this lack of safeguards against my retardedness is killing the game. Real money is involved why can't YOU take more steps to protect my peds from ME!!"

I have asked before and didn't get an answer, what is mean by "Open Auction". It is something different from the regular AU ?

Even if its implemented... there are players who will STILL mess up
They will get "blind" doing this routine and after a while go into auto-pilot mode...

First times: Read..(keep in mind) click... read (keep in mind) ...click

after while: Dont read... click... dont read... click...."oh shit:scared:"... making cry-topic on forum

it will continue happening sooner or later

Last edited:
Here's a solution for those players..
DON'T USE AUCTION!!

I have asked before and didn't get an answer, what is mean by "Open Auction". It is something different from the regular AU ?

Auction without buyout price so you can accidentally bid your whole pedcard on it.

Back