Ressurection of the "Damage Decides Order" Scam

Sionkiewicz

Prowler
Society
General - NBK Army
Brendan Slick Gould
I have received several reports recently of a certain individual (Name withheld to protect the Guilty) at Camp Icarus walking around and inviting players to a team hunt. The team is set to "Damage Decides Order" which then allows her to sit back and get loot without firing a shot. It's not an exploit but I would look at this practice as a scam. It is also hard to understand why MA would design a team setting that would work in the way this does. Would be nice if MA could revisit this setting and put something into it to make it more like shared loot which is what most people think it is.

More details can be found in this link.

Please advise all players that:
  • They should not accept teams with these settings unless they fully trust the other members.
  • Team hunting of Punies is kind of pointless and most likely a scam.
  • Be extremely wary of team invites from people you do not know and without at least an conversation first.

Thanks,

Damage Decides Order needs to be removed altogether. Not so much because of this (petty scammers can as well use Casual, and they often do) but because under Loot 2.0 it can be exploited to transport stuff between planets.

Damage Decides Order needs to be removed altogether. Not so much because of this (petty scammers can as well use Casual, and they often do) but because under Loot 2.0 it can be exploited to transport stuff between planets.

Casual can also be used to transport items between planets.

You should be able to see type of team before joining. '(Playername) has invited you to join a team with (Loot Setting type) (Accept/Decline)'

Maybe also turn the window a different color so you know it is a non-standard team setting before shooting? At least have the loot setting type in the Team UI window so you don't have to click on it to see the setting.

They could add in a thing for all loot that you have to contribute at least 1hp worth of damage to be eligible to get any loot from it.

Yes, it would be nice to see what type of team it was before you even joined it, I have left quite a few teams that have not been shared loot teams (I think all of them have been for the gauntlet...)

seen several players at icarus doing that over the last few months... usually I ignore their request or join and stop all shooting to see what they will do next. If they piss me off enough I'll leave team if I did join, up my damage per second to out rank their and go solo, armoring up, making sure every damn mob in the radar has at least half damage done by my avatar for the next few minutes before slowly killing them all one at a time as I mob train em.

crap like this is one reason I'm glad I'm done with puny. Hope to move on to other planets to do similar lowbie missions soon.

Needless to say I don't team hunt much, lol. ;)

I have never actually understood those settings, in terms why they excist at all.
If it was me, I would just remove those for once and for all.
Those kind of settings make it possible to (scam) and exploit, and new players that are unaware of this they just fall for it.

Don't blame the players for using these settings.
It's in the end MA that approves those settings, and new players could think that MA is even encouraging these kind of activities ingame.

MindArk, remove them, or at least look at them and fix it.

Back