BattleSim

Edited until more evidence is found.

Last edited:
removed post.

Last edited:
AI bots are now very real, and very good, and that is the type of results you can expect to see.

They already beat the best Human DOTA players.....which is leagues more technical than battle sim.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/11/16137388/dota-2-dendi-open-ai-elon-musk

I have no reason to think they aren't already at work here.

I personally will never run them again after seeing the cheats at release, and as others pointed out, the same winners every week. I just assume people are running AI I could never compete with in there with those times, and improvements.

i did not use a bot

After doing over 100+ runs in BatSim this week, I don't think Cambuurrinse is doing anything fishy, especially not to risk that level of avatar.

Maybe some people are doing some weird things but I honestly believe he is legit and just found a good trick to get those times. I haven't figured it out yet, but there is definitely a way and I'm almost positive it has to do with the boss stage.

Calling whatever it is a "trick" doesn't make it sound any better to me. I'm not buying it until I have a rough idea of what's going on. It's apparently so significant that 4 "different" people from the same society were able to mysteriously get the best times of everyone in the community for months. I've seen people risk higher level avatars just so they could shoot through the fence at vanguards without using armor or healing, and they didn't even have a guarantee that they would make money.

Calling whatever it is a "trick" doesn't make it sound any better to me. I'm not buying it until I have a rough idea of what's going on. It's apparently so significant that 4 "different" people from the same society were able to mysteriously get the best times of everyone in the community for months. I've seen people risk higher level avatars just so they could shoot through the fence at vanguards without using armor or healing, and they didn't even have a guarantee that they would make money.

While you're absolutely right, I started to feel a little bad accusing them without proof. I wish I had some, I wish I could figure out what was going on to make it so easy to get these times. At the very least I'd share some knowledge so people weren't worried about anything bad taking place.

This run could be improved with a little more luck and without a couple of mistakes, so it's possible to get these good times. But what it does tell me that there is definitely something more than just "skill" taking place for the ease by which some people do it.

Whether it's a good tactic, a bug, or whatever..I don't think we'll ever know unless someone comes out and just says what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=427&v=T_V1O9TckZE

My best time so far. With the couple of misses / shots going through the mobs I probably could have shaved another 10 seconds off. Not that I'm the best player in the world, but the coordination, muscle memory, and reaction time it takes just to squeeze out a time like this is unreal. I've literally played it several hundred times over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:

This run could be improved with a little more luck and without a couple of mistakes, so it's possible to get these good times. But what it does tell me that there is definitely something more than just "skill" taking place for the ease by which some people do it.

Whether it's a good tactic, a bug, or whatever..I don't think we'll ever know unless someone comes out and just says what it is.

My best time so far. With the couple of misses / shots going through the mobs I probably could have shaved another 10 seconds off. Not that I'm the best player in the world, but the coordination, muscle memory, and reaction time it takes just to squeeze out a time like this is unreal. I've literally played it several hundred times over the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, also, even if the evidence is right in the dev teams face of a bug they often don't get around to it for months. I'll probably start trying for good times again. I'm only losing out more if I'm wasting my energy and getting frustrated over something that isn't going to change. That being said, I'll just say fuck it until I see a breakthrough. GL with the runs.

Yeah, also, even if the evidence is right in the dev teams face of a bug they often don't get around to it for months. I'll probably start trying for good times again. I'm only losing out more if I'm wasting my energy and getting frustrated over something that isn't going to change. That being said, I'll just say fuck it until I see a breakthrough. GL with the runs.

Indeed, and gl as well.

At this point I just need some luck with MA fixing their damn servers so I can actually achieve a good run.

I have only from time to time problems with lag in the server, more on rt tho but currently also xpring lag at home cuz of provider

a random generated map would be a idea ... and mob kills could give a time bonus ... need more simple solutions xD ?

a random generated map would be a idea ... and mob kills could give a time bonus ... need more simple solutions xD ?

Not sure how much you've played BS, but that would literally change nothing and actually make it even more based on RNG and weird bugs than skill.

Mobs are already randomly generated, and that's enough. Having an algorithm that could create a 'fair' random map is incredibly difficult especially for the low revenue it generates for MA.

Mob kills giving time bonus? Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Good try, but they just don't have any real meaning here.

As I believe someone else said in the thread already - MA just needs to add a recording to every position that's being paid out. It's really not that difficult to do, many competitive games have this exact feature and for good reason.

Being that this also involves real money of other players I would say it's a mandatory thing at this point. It's only about skill and RNG, there should be nothing to hide. No player at the top level of anything in the world is ever afraid to show people how they do something, because it's impossible to emulate the skill of another person.

As I believe someone else said in the thread already - MA just needs to add a recording to every position that's being paid out. It's really not that difficult to do, many competitive games have this exact feature and for good reason.

Being that this also involves real money of other players I would say it's a mandatory thing at this point. It's only about skill and RNG, there should be nothing to hide. No player at the top level of anything in the world is ever afraid to show people how they do something, because it's impossible to emulate the skill of another person.

Removed post nvm

Yeah, the current system is really not even close to acceptable. The amount of laziness to have not put in extra effort toward regulation of the battlesimulator, even after receiving a large amount of complaints, is just disgusting. I've been losing 30+ seconds every run due to not being able to shoot from lag. Yet I'm more annoyed about the negligent regulation.

Back