Question: Targeting certain resource types for extraction

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I have a question to all miners. I have lmbl or an equivalent location tracking system, how feasible is it to use such a system to "find" a particular resource type at the coordinates that it was previously discovered ?

Getting rid of lyst is a real thing now.

Bump - 21 views and no replies ?

generation is random. You can use LBML to map the general availability of resources in an area, but not at an exact coordinate. In other words, just because you found X at XYZ coordinate yesterday, does not mean that you can find X there today.

The exact coordinates are irrelevant, only the definition/borders of the area. But within that area, how to get rid of lyst or its twin evil brothers belk, blau, zinc, erionite, iolite, or at least to reduce their importance is what everyone wants and if anyone finds the smallest clue why would say that in public? :scratch2:

generation is random. You can use LBML to map the general availability of resources in an area, but not at an exact coordinate. In other words, just because you found X at XYZ coordinate yesterday, does not mean that you can find X there today.

"Expert mining
Your LBMB map is getting pretty full now, so you can start very precise mining now.
Let's say you need FN (Force Nexus), put your filter in LBMB that way so you only see where you found FN before.
If you have mined there over and over you should see lot's of FN claims. Did you write down what finder you used? with enhancers? Go there and only drop bombs where you have found FN before. You should get others stuff also but a lot less now." - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297826-Help-when-mining

Above was the reason I was asking.

I will test this when my peds are released from auction hell...

and when its a good time to mine.

"Superior mining
This is the last stage (as far as I know)
Now you know :
Where to find what you want, the depth to find it, time to find it.
But do you know the respawn times?
Try it out while your going to an area where you want to know the respawn time.
Drop probes in a small area, let's say 20-30 drops (use the precise mining) and try again after 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours and so on ....
You will notice that for some easy to get the respawn time is very short (like for oil) For other things (read deeper) it takes longer, even for very rare things it can take up to a week.
Try this out only in zones where your return is always very nice (above 80-90% TT return), cause this means nobody else is mining there." - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297826-Help-when-mining/page8

And no generation is not random.... The distribution system does start with a R though, just not the dreaded "Random" its "R...." and is sooo close to a normal distribution it's scary. It can also be self-generated by using any integer number as a "seed". (Pic)
(If you do recognise this, please do not say what "r" means, I think it's quite obvious and every miner should be able to work it out with a little bit of research and thought. It's even printed on your claim.)
I am currently using the height above sea level to determine the size and type of the resources that exists below ground.

The type I do not mind revealing as you will not know how to implement it.

"O"re uses "O"dd heights / numbers
"E"ntmatter uses "E"ven numbers
Doubles are generated on prime numbers... when they even generate at all... Personally I think it's got to do with the amount of resources in the system that have not been processed yet.
If the above is true then one can assume that "T"reasure would use ????? (Hint - It has 3 sides).

Thinking about it a bit more..... this may be why claims "vanish" they are simply replaced with resources that I cannot access as you cant mine for treasures on Caly.

If the system that I have gets too annoying, I just may reveal it in order to have a few more eyes looking at the idea / concept.

Last edited:
I don't keep precise notes for areas, so I use LBML for such reason.
Don't ever questionable this info of LBML because I always find what I'm looking for. Not exactly in the same spot but the type is there in the area around.
I use this information and not any other (depth, spawn times and such!). It is too much for me to bother.
Anyway,
Is like shopping but some times I pay more than others.

Is that you asking for? or am I tottaly wrong

The best you'll ever get is narrowing down regions or revival zones (in most cases at least) where you'll find specific groups of resources. I can go in to a given server now and know I want to stay away from the northeast end of the server because half the claims are 50% lyst or crude oil, but I can target say a southwest revival zone where dianthus brings my average markup to around 130% depending upon markup.

In my case, I plot out all my claims in a GIS mapping program along with up to date MU for each claim while running some basic statistical packages to determine average markup for that area. I don't target specific resources anymore per se, but just hop around to high MU areas. Of course you still need to think in terms of averages. Even if your target resource (or just the high MU one) occurs on average in 20% of claims in that area, you might get only 3% of claims in one run, 35% in another, etc.

"Expert mining
Your LBMB map is getting pretty full now, so you can start very precise mining now.
Let's say you need FN (Force Nexus), put your filter in LBMB that way so you only see where you found FN before.
If you have mined there over and over you should see lot's of FN claims. Did you write down what finder you used? with enhancers? Go there and only drop bombs where you have found FN before. You should get others stuff also but a lot less now." - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297826-Help-when-mining

Above was the reason I was asking.

I will test this when my peds are released from auction hell...

and when its a good time to mine.

"Superior mining
This is the last stage (as far as I know)
Now you know :
Where to find what you want, the depth to find it, time to find it.
But do you know the respawn times?
Try it out while your going to an area where you want to know the respawn time.
Drop probes in a small area, let's say 20-30 drops (use the precise mining) and try again after 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours and so on ....
You will notice that for some easy to get the respawn time is very short (like for oil) For other things (read deeper) it takes longer, even for very rare things it can take up to a week.
Try this out only in zones where your return is always very nice (above 80-90% TT return), cause this means nobody else is mining there." - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?297826-Help-when-mining/page8

And no generation is not random.... The distribution system does start with a R though, just not the dreaded "Random" its "R...." and is sooo close to a normal distribution it's scary. It can also be self-generated by using any integer number as a "seed". (Pic)
(If you do recognise this, please do not say what "r" means, I think it's quite obvious and every miner should be able to work it out with a little bit of research and thought. It's even printed on your claim.)
I am currently using the height above sea level to determine the size and type of the resources that exists below ground.

The type I do not mind revealing as you will not know how to implement it.

"O"re uses "O"dd heights / numbers
"E"ntmatter uses "E"ven numbers
Doubles are generated on prime numbers... when they even generate at all... Personally I think it's got to do with the amount of resources in the system that have not been processed yet.
If the above is true then one can assume that "T"reasure would use ????? (Hint - It has 3 sides).

Thinking about it a bit more..... this may be why claims "vanish" they are simply replaced with resources that I cannot access as you cant mine for treasures on Caly.

If the system that I have gets too annoying, I just may reveal it in order to have a few more eyes looking at the idea / concept.

As of now there is no public confirmed method of targeting resources beyond knowing the allegedly uniform server/revival zone distribution. I hope you find one! Good luck :yay:

The exceptions being "waves" and having some sense of how regeneration works for ultra-rare resources.
I've heard a few theories on this. Some think it's purely time-based. Some think it involves a universe-wide cap, some say it's a server specific cap. I've heard some miners speculate that once a resource is "deleted" via the TT or crafting it triggers the regeneration.

Personally I believe there is some sort of cap, but rather than removing the resource entirely, the system just shifts the distribution so that those "soft-capped" resources only appear during waves. I never got around to doing the research, unfortunately. So just take it as speculation from a retiree :laugh:

Back