Change OLA 66 Spawn back to Allophyl

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
OLA 66 (south-east from Zonnestraaltje), the Calypso event area, has a spawn of mixed Dinos for an event the last 2 days. Event over and no event today.

Please change the spawn back to Allo when not in use.

Isnt a OLA a player owned la? if you you can see at landmarker or the fert station which dna is in it and the fed status

Isnt a OLA a player owned la? if you you can see at landmarker or the fert station which dna is in it and the fed status

Nope, it's owned by Calypso and used for events sometimes.

edit: Oh right, Norian is mistaken, this is LA#66 not OLA#66, I see the confuson.

There are Allo spawns all over the place. I know you liked this one in particular, but I'd much rather see some more interesting spawns that aren't available elsewhere, perhaps being changed every month or so.

The current spawn was quite fun for the event but I can't see anyone wanting to hunt it otherwise, it's way too mixed.

There are Allo spawns all over the place. I know you liked this one in particular, but I'd much rather see some more interesting spawns that aren't available elsewhere, perhaps being changed every month or so.

The current spawn was quite fun for the event but I can't see anyone wanting to hunt it otherwise, it's way too mixed.

Yes, I currently have a personal interest in this spawn atm :)

If there were other good allo (or esto) spawns in game, I wouldn't raise the stink. I've been to every spawn in game (trust me) and can only get ~200 kills/hour at the best one - too much running between kills. On the OLA 66 spawn, I could get ~350+ kills/hour.

But I also agree with you that an interesting spawn not available elsewhere is better for the game - but no one wants the spawn that is currently there, so why have it?

Also, I bet Caly MGT has to consider what to spawn there to not make any LA owners grumpy.

PS - why mess up the lovely allo spawn when they have 3 other open LAs to play on?

PSS - they did divvy up the spawn yesterday like they did with the allo spawn by maturity - atrox, feffox, malc, and armax each have their own corner now

Last edited:
If there were other good allo (or esto) spawns in game, I wouldn't raise the stink. I've been to every spawn in game (trust me) and can only get ~200 kills/hour at the best one - too much running between kills. On the OLA 66 spawn, I could get ~350+ kills/hour.

200 kills sounds like a lot to me. I can understand you wanting to maximise your kill speed, but I don't think low level allos are really designed for relatively high level players to grind through them at that pace.

PSS - they did divvy up the spawn yesterday like they did with the allo spawn by maturity - atrox, feffox, malc, and armax each have their own corner now

Ah, that sounds much better. I still don't know whether that has any great appeal to anyone, but at least if someone wants to hunt one of those mobs they can do it without the other mobs bothering them. The Atrox and Feffox could be good for mission grinding.

In history this has been used for events by Mindark, Eomons, troopers and whatnot. Last time now it was dino slaughter and I assume they will change again over time.

I truly hope they dont change this fun feature according to a single players wish for faster ending his misssionchain :)

//Linzey

In history this has been used for events by Mindark, Eomons, troopers and whatnot. Last time now it was dino slaughter and I assume they will change again over time.

I truly hope they dont change this fun feature according to a single players wish for faster ending his misssionchain :)

//Linzey

Yea yea I know - I wonder though how much is being cycled currently on the Dino spawn vs the allo spawn?

Just make a better allo/esto spawn somewhere, improve the ones that exist, and/or put one on another open LA

And better spawns in general in game

Don’t worry, I’ll adapt, get through this, it’s dynamic... :)

Many of the current spawns on Calypso do leave a lot to be desired, especially when compared to planet partners which have taken the liberty of making a lot of their spawns the best spawns they could possibly get past the balance manager, making for a better overall hunting experience than Calypso in a lot of cases.

I do think they have been trying to work on this, though, just very slowly, maybe like you said, to try to avoid making LA owners too grouchy.

Yes, I currently have a personal interest in this spawn atm :)

But I also agree with you that an interesting spawn not available elsewhere is better for the game - but no one wants the spawn that is currently there, so why have it?

Also, I bet Caly MGT has to consider what to spawn there to not make any LA owners grumpy.

PS - why mess up the lovely allo spawn when they have 3 other open LAs to play on?

200 kills per hour is not bad. I've completed mission chains with much worse spawns... it's a lot better these days.

200 kills per hour is not bad. I've completed mission chains with much worse spawns... it's a lot better these days.

Everyone has their own definition of "not bad" :)

Back