Did the old times return?

and another one:

#2 3727 ped Nusul young!

Seems like the top 3 in the HOF have a reserved spot for noob mobs.

(#12 at the time of writing)
1582 PED Prototype Droka Gen 04 (100 HP, 15.82 PED/HP)

(#12 at the time of writing)
1582 PED Prototype Droka Gen 04 (100 HP, 15.82 PED/HP)

lol! missed that one!

I see a lot of prototype droka globals lately. But here another happy noob!

lol

#1 (!) kerberos provider 4288 ped!

and again a jog at first place in the list!

#1 Yog tunneler 3886 ped!

Eat that all you uber hunters!!! :laugh:

Saw a few combibo hofs, I find this hilarious :))))

I guess "feed the ubers" business model failed, so they need to pull in fresh blood.

Give them some HOFs from 100 HP mobs, pull them in, suck them dry :)

I'll just keep crafting and selling 200% MU items, since that's they only way to survive with 80% TT return crafting. Fucking cunts

Also starting to lose my sense of humor about this.

Like pulling teeth to get 3 digits out of decent sized mobs and here we are looking at the noob uber parade day in day out...

Is this really how it was in the old days? Only really became active in 2013 and sure as hell there weren't big hits like that on small fish.

Also starting to lose my sense of humor about this.

Like pulling teeth to get 3 digits out of decent sized mobs and here we are looking at the noob uber parade day in day out...

Is this really how it was in the old days? Only really became active in 2013 and sure as hell there weren't big hits like that on small fish.

yes.

old days were tons of minis and some smaller globals, and then the super fat uber hits.. noob mobs are just hunted more often so you see more noob ubers

no ubers hits for you = 85-90% TT... uber hits for you = 100%+

the only people who like 5k argo young ubers were the ones hitting them =D

250 cultists killed (500 hp average) = zero globals. 50% return.

this sucks.. thats why they speak only about account created in 2107..

i think my cat will start playing in a few days

cheers

250 cultists killed (500 hp average) = zero globals. 50% return.

this sucks.. thats why they speak only about account created in 2107..

i think my cat will start playing in a few days

cheers

500hp is to much to HOF on.
Nowadays you need to hunt smaller to get a decent hof. :laugh:

500hp is to much to HOF on.
Nowadays you need to hunt smaller to get a decent hof. :laugh:

:D hell yes... but i asked for a global.. i'm not so lucky for a HOF

well anyway, GL all and HOF big on small mobs :D

:D hell yes... but i asked for a global.. i'm not so lucky for a HOF

well anyway, GL all and HOF big on small mobs :D

lol, yes globals seems scarce at the moment. Somehow I seem to miss all multis on bigger HP mobs as well.
When doing all the dailiy missions, I get no multies on the II and III daily mobs but are then " compensated" by multies on nearly all the small mobs.
To bad a 130% return on the missions I mobs isnt enough to cover the 70% return on the III mission mobs :(

so the only solution is to just hunt 100 hp mobs from now on.
Less losses, more HOF chance! :)

yes.

old days were tons of minis and some smaller globals, and then the super fat uber hits.. noob mobs are just hunted more often so you see more noob ubers

no ubers hits for you = 85-90% TT... uber hits for you = 100%+

the only people who like 5k argo young ubers were the ones hitting them =D

So why was it eventually changed?

Was it too frustrating and unsustainable for many players or was it just too obvious we're talking gambling not gaming or possibly both?

So why was it eventually changed?

Was it too frustrating and unsustainable for many players or was it just too obvious we're talking gambling not gaming or possibly both?

Well, for me it was the frustrating part.
Either you got lucky and got one of those crazy hofs or otherwise you were simply fucked.

I remember when the iron missions were introduced and many people hunting daiks near port atlantis. It was one big swirl fest! The daily 1k+ daik on the hof board.
But someone had to pay for those hofs. Those were the fucked ones.

I liked the coming of the smaller globals and the tuning down of those crazy hofs, making the game less volatile and more playable for the not so lucky players. At least you got 90% back instead of 70% or less.

to add to this, everything below 1k wouldn't probably even show on the hof board and below 10k you wouldnt even be in the top 10.

go to the uber loot page:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?38-UberLoots&sort=lastpost&order=asc
and sort by oldest post first.

You'll see many several K's hofs on daiks, exas's and other noob mobs.
nearly daily atrox hofs of several K's.

It was madness! Extreme volatility those days!
....hated it!

we did have less mobs to shoot back then... and maddox IV + dante was "top tier" dps for hunting.. outside of evil amps and such. people were restricted to smaller mobs and fewer mobs. now the playerbase is more spread apart it seems. and the dps disparity is even larger.

we did have less mobs to shoot back then... and maddox IV + dante was "top tier" dps for hunting.. outside of evil amps and such. people were restricted to smaller mobs and fewer mobs. now the playerbase is more spread apart it seems. and the dps disparity is even larger.

ahh yes, my frean delta with dante...:rolleyes:

well, it's not so much that people were "restricted" to hunt smaller, but most did as small mobs gave the same skill as big mobs.

Old Times is back and it bought the lag with it. :lam:

Old Times is back and it bought the lag with it. :lam:

the last 2 days it was nearly okay for me but now i landed on caly again and now im disconnecting all 5 minutes again... the game really doesnt want me to play i guess

That would be awesome actually if they were going that route...

I think it's all part of the move I've been seeing with the game over the last couple years where there is a definite pull for the game to go towards lower cost gameplay. Noob loots, requirements on armor, battle sim, heavy focus on improving the "new player" experience....etc.

I think they are finally realizing that most people will never deposit the thousands of dollars it takes to get to mid-level in this game before quitting. And having more opportunity for exciting loots in the early game makes it much easier to get people hooked for the long haul.

I like this too, as I've been stuck in a rut forever, it seems, as a low- to mid-level hunter who could never get ahead because of piss-poor "loot luck", curse, or whatever you want to name it. I wonder how many other avatars hit level 50 without ever getting a loot over 1K PEDs value? I see some of these players' screenshots with 1800 PED this, 4500 PED that, 3200 PED the other, all in one hunting session, and it is to dream... :hammer:

I like this too, as I've been stuck in a rut forever, it seems, as a low- to mid-level hunter who could never get ahead because of piss-poor "loot luck", curse, or whatever you want to name it. I wonder how many other avatars hit level 50 without ever getting a loot over 1K PEDs value? I see some of these players' screenshots with 1800 PED this, 4500 PED that, 3200 PED the other, all in one hunting session, and it is to dream... :hammer:

I hit my first 1k+ at lvl 70 (in solo hunt) was during migration and since then i hit 4-5 more but for the ammount i loose so far in this game isn't good

Back