Did the old times return?

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Did the old times return?

I just looked over the hof list and was quite surprised with what I saw. look at the top 10:

#1, argonout scavenger 12289 ped! And its not even an elite!!
#4 Evi gen 1, 3314 ped
#6 feffoid guard, 3191 ped
#7 foul young(!!!), 3049 ped!!

Feels a bit like the days when avatars still made sounds when they talked and twin peaks was a bustling place with a cool octagon! :wtg:

I was thinking the exact same thing when the Evi hoF came up yesterday!

Ha Ha, I have been doing the Evi mission since the end of the migration, a few hours a day, nothing big but who knows

I hope so :p

well, actually I hope not.

It was all nice and all with those big loots on smalls mobs, but I never got them.
I was only paying for them.

And judging by my todays 50% return and seeing the hof list, I really start to worry. :scratch2:

now go hunt wizz

now go hunt wizz

no thanks, I just logged out after an horrendous run.
trying to cool off a bit first :mad:

Maybe I should focus on my job now :laugh:

It was all nice and all with those big loots on smalls mobs, but I never got them.

And judging by my todays 50% return and seeing the hof list, I really start to worry. :scratch2:

totally agree :scratch2:

Great for the looters but from a system perspective completely unnecessary I think.
Motivate people to go onward and upwards instead of being stuck at the small boring mobs ..

Last edited:
Motivate people to go onward and upwards instead of being stuck at the small boring mobs ..

Could you please explain what the difference is between shrapnel from a Foul or from a Daspletor?
Because I lack to see the difference :confused:

it's about staying with in your budget I think that realy matters.
I think there are just a few mobs still out there that could drop a UL item, and even those are not worth much.

And for this yes cool to get a nice Uber on small mob, but if 90% of players have to pay for that with bad loots, no ty. (If this is the case, atm I can't complain still, but you never know)
In the end they will see a drop in cycled PED again like a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great for the looters but from a system perspective completely unnecessary I think.

sure

Has MA raised cap on loot per mob?

Hi

I noticed there is 3049 PED Foul Young, with 100 hp on it, which means hp/ped ratio is 30.49 PED per hp.

So far and I have checked plenty in time, I thought max cap is 25 PED per hp.

This is like getting 250k EP4, though everyone knows that 10k is max multiplier. Has something been changed? Raise from 25 to 30 is significant.

loot is calculated based on how much ped you spend, not the mobs hp

and before loot 2.0 it was based on roughly 3 dpp meaning a 100 hp foul costs "ideally" 33 pec to kill and the max multiplier is 10k meaning that max loot wouldve been 3,333k ped before loot 2.0 and after, well if you manage to kill it with 1 ped instead means you can loot up to 10k.

and before loot 2.0 it was based on roughly 3 dpp meaning a 100 hp foul costs "ideally" 33 pec to kill and the max multiplier is 10k meaning that max loot wouldve been 3,333k ped before loot 2.0 and after, well if you manage to kill it with 1 ped instead means you can loot up to 10k.

Yet we did not see any multiplier above 8500x in hunting, using your DPP calculation, while we got plenty 99xx in crafting, mining.

Not saying you are wrong, I just think 3dpp is not the correct number. I always used HP, since 25 was cap until 2.0 and I was not sure about dpp number.

I done so few hunting since spring I can't say much about loot 2.0, but I doubt you can get 10k PED out of 100 hp mob?

[((HP+Regen)/DPP)] * Multiplier = PED returned

Multiplier can be from (1/6) to 10000

I know many people that want high volatility and big loot me include and I also know many that want stable low loot so I hope MA change it from time to time to please everyone

loot is calculated based on how much ped you spend, not the mobs hp

This would imply that there is a personal lootpool.
This would also imply that it's impossible for a new player to HOF as he didnt spend it yet.

Not sure where I found it,or what the numbers represent, but this seems to be most accurate, and hasn't really changed over the several years that I have had it up on my site that I can tell. I havn't seen any mobs that exceed this formula in any case, but plenty like the foul that come close.

$maxloot =$stamina*64*5;

Putting the foul at 3200 max PED with 10 stamina.

Last edited:
This would imply that there is a personal lootpool.
This would also imply that it's impossible for a new player to HOF as he didnt spend it yet.

That isnt what he says. This is what 2.0 system gives you now. Try again.

That isnt what he says. This is what 2.0 system gives you now. Try again.

Yes, 2.0 system is no longer based on the mob hp (without regen), but on the cost to whatever player to kill each particular mob (up to a point). This is quite clear from somewhat overkilling mobs or getting evades, in which case the basic non-multi loot a mob will give you is higher than if you killed it without much overkill or no evaded shots.
It appears as a result, for example, that the only function of a finisher nowadys is to increase the quality (mu = desirability/demand) of the loot away from just getting more crap(nel). The old idea of trying to kill a 300 hp mob with as close to 300 damage as possible is now out of the window (at least in terms of tt return efficiency)...

Yes, 2.0 system is no longer based on the mob hp (without regen), but on the cost to whatever player to kill each particular mob (up to a point). This is quite clear from somewhat overkilling mobs or getting evades, in which case the basic non-multi loot a mob will give you is higher than if you killed it without much overkill or no evaded shots.
It appears as a result, for example, that the only function of a finisher nowadys is to increase the quality (mu = desirability/demand) of the loot away from just getting more crap(nel). The old idea of trying to kill a 300 hp mob with as close to 300 damage as possible is now out of the window (at least in terms of tt return efficiency)...

I always liked rocket launchers, so now I can go crazy and still get my tt back?

I did some massive merp hunts with RJ, was great fun, but horrible returns.

I always liked rocket launchers, so now I can go crazy and still get my tt back?

I did some massive merp hunts with RJ, was great fun, but horrible returns.

yes, she is absolutely correct. also my tests have shown that the thesshold fro, normal loot table to shrapnel only is somewhere in the range of 200% of "optimal cost to kill" (regarding 3dpp). so when you need 2 ped or more to kill a 300 hp mob he will most likely only return shrapnel but the total tt% return will stay the same. so for any mob, apart from very low hp ones, a finisher is not needed to get the full loot table of a mob. i even got nanites with 2.5 dpp so no problem at all

lol, add to the list a 6938 ped yog dredger!!

old volatile days are back for sure.

HOF madness!

Well, no more big hp mobs for me. Better just HOF on shitty little mobs! :wise:

edit, this does explain the shitty runs I've been having the last few days. Just so freaking many 15~25% return mobs and hardly any multipliers anymore :(

Also on HOF list atm:

2073 PED Zadul Mature (130 HP, 15.95 PED/HP)
1103 PED Oratan Prospector Bandit (60 HP, 18.38 PED/HP)
785 PED Ubo (60 HP, 13.08 PED/HP)

Coincidence, although in my experience Ark has always been slightly more towards 'condition' but, well, YMMV.

Last edited:
Let's remove 3/4 of the TP's and get rid of vehicles! :yay:

Also on HOF list atm:

2073 PED Zadul Mature (130 HP, 15.95 PED/HP)
1103 PED Oratan Prospector Bandit (60 HP, 18.38 PED/HP)
785 PED Ubo (60 HP, 13.08 PED/HP)

Coincidence, although in my experience Ark has always been slightly more towards 'condition' but, well, YMMV.

there have been overall more 3k x multiplier and higher in the last 3 days than in the whole myear before. i doubt its a coincidence. especially when looking at my returns, that gone down from roughly 100%+- 2% to pretty much exactly 90% on every single run.
add to that the missing 15% loot mobs and 100% kill cost return mobs and these weird 1.5-3x multis that were not existing before than you know why this is happening.

would be nice to get a statement from MA regarding this loot change. or at least they could admit that something has changed. what changed is obvious.

#2 4117 ped argonaut adult

:laugh:

nice one

Back