Info: How often should a really big multiplier be expected?

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I've been wondering more and more over the past 2 years. For the sake of this question, I'm going to call a really big multiplier 200x the cost to kill. I have not personally gotten a multiplier over 110x (121 ped on a ravenous swamp lurker) in the course of naturally leveling from 17 laser sniper hit to my current 57 laser sniper hit. This is with the exception of a daikiba stalker and a daikiba prowler which each dropped 600+ ped, one case I did majority damage the other I did not. Count these if you want, but I personally don't count them because they weren't only mine. My real question here is how often do other players get really big multipliers compared to me.

Guns I've mainly used: UL-herman ark, sollomate opolo, herman law,

Limited-piron plr 12-42, isis llc 20-30, isis lc 35, isis lc 35 ELM edition, ewe lc 150/200, armatrix lr 40-45, geotrek scrof, cryogenic attack/lacerating attack chip I-III.

Amps: omegaton a101, Omegaton A103, Omegaton A104, Hypercharged Omegaton A105

I'll also add a list of roughly how many of each enemy I've killed during this time period in solo and team hunts. I'll add shared loot as a separate category.

Solo and team:

500+
trooper
atrax
monsterously toxic jellyworm
eviscerator
merfolken
duster
living vortex
badger
stalker
vlanwing
atrox
proteron

1,000+

drone
scout bot 100-200
traskeron
halix
drill bot
Rudolf, Joplin, and Elvis dragon.
Pop dragon
motorhead
mang chang
puny/weak rhino beetle
mountain gorilla
chimera
armored whisker fish
Cheetah
Leopard
Sumima
crystal pede
rextelum

5,000+

dire weed
dire plant
swamp lurker
zeladoth
misc low level Rocktropia humanoids (harlem hustler, soul shaker, forum troll, etc..)
Zomhattan St Boys
boar
island gorilla
Misc. Roctropia zombies

10,000+

tide claw
Mermoth

25,000+

daikiba/shinkiba ( a lot of the shared ones that I either soloed, or did majority damage on are here)
Punies (including carabok, caudatergus, berycled, and tripudion)

Shared loot: I'm just going to give some pretty rough estimates in the kills I've participated in here. Keep in mind that the daikibas were still the only 2 drops over a 200x multiplier with these included.

Zombie Kong wave zombies- 3000
Zombie Kong- 200 (I know I'm an asshole and sit out the waves a lot. This includes dev spawn kongs at the events)
King Kong- 50
Fort Lahar robots- 15,000 (I was at a lot of these damn things)
Fort Medusa robots- 2,000
Fort Pandora robots- 500
Spawning Pools- 2,000
Bulls Pen- 10,000 (partially included in my solo/team kills)
Warchief's Sanctuary- 5,000
The Oasis- 7,000
Heart of the Swamp- 500
Old Fred- 150

In conclusion, what type of multipliers would you expect over this amount of kills? Has anyone had a similar experience? Am I high or low? (I honestly can't imagine I'm high. I've been absolutely slaughtered to the trade terminal.)

Ive got maybe a 400x on a drone i think a few years back..... but total ive killed maybe around 100k mobs, ive got a 300x on tariak i think.... im lucky if i global for more than a 15-20x kill cost, some 40x kill... personally i feel return is more important overall. But for the question.... i have no idea how often, itle be a mix up of how much ped was lost for that mob, how much is available to loot etc.... and i also dont play all that much cuz ped doesnt go far... and cuz this game is "random" its hard to say what should happen as ive gone a thousand kills with no global but then ive also got 3 globals in 4 mobs...

In conclusion, what type of multipliers would you expect over this amount of kills?
None. The only quantity you can put any kind of expectation on is the portion of their income stream getting distributed after operational costs. Try to see it from this angle, and a lot becomes clearer. What they can and do tweak is the distribution algorithm, sure - bigger and fewer or smaller and more multipliers. "It's dynamic" is not Entropia's running joke, but a thing to be taken literally.

im at roughly 300k kills and i got 5 times a 300x multi and one 750x multi. 1 300x on a longu, 1 on a cultist, 1 on a qaffaz, 1 on a rabbit and 1 on a scout bot collector xt. and the 750x was also on a qaffaz.
interestingly enough ive killed more than twice the amount of mobs that cost 3 ped per kill or more than ive killed mobs that cost less than 3 ped per kill but ALL of my higher multis were on smaller mobs.

see above post

Adding to above for me: I have 17 globals totalling 219 peds from carabok 10hps on Ark. This was in the time after the global threshold was lowered to include carabok 10 pedders. At the time I was routinely resetting the 10k mission as a counter and early on I was getting about 1-2 per 10k, then 1 alternately, then more likely 2x10 with no globals in, followed by a global somewhere in the third.
I don't know whether this was a long wave downturn, but I began to get the impression that MA were cutting off my higher multis the more carabok I killed. My slope appears to have gone from a 300+ multi every 7.5k mobs down to every 25k over about 250k kills.

If you look at Me Really Never getting ALL of his higher multis on smaller mobs, then this might also equate to one multi on a puny every 12k or so.

If there were no personal capping going on, then I would assume a noob could get a carabok 300+ multi every 5k mobs or so. Stepping down the multi-ladder by factors of 2 would then suggest a 75ish multi every 1250 mobs or so. You see this sort of thing with event point stars as well (factor of 2), and this sort of figure gets you into the region of close to 50% tt returns from multis overall as well.

That was the past - now we have loot 2.0 where things appear to be much more dynamic again multi-wise (and it is harder to track each individual mob's kill cost - and thus the multi given).

Dear MA - why not let us officially have more than one avatar please - you may see a lot of people prepared to spend more peds in various forms of 'testing' that simply refuses to 'work' on experienced but 'worn' avatars!!! ;)

Simple answer, when you least expect it.

It seems that i am really lucky, as less than two months after i started hunting, i have three x200 and above hits - 286 Peds Atrax Young, 308 Combibo Stalker and 419 Kerberos Dominant.
Hmm...i am lucky, interesting idea :)

Depends alot on the overall state of the universe. If you don't have nolooters AND an average tt return of more than 95% even hitting mobs with your forehead, then multipliers by necessity must be rare.

There was a period (which I hated from all my guts) where you'd have daily at least one hof of 10k from the likes of trox and ambu. But that, on periods of 10ktt spent, could easily meant a return of 85% even at perfect (discounting imk2, A106 and A204) economy. I personally lost my shirt using p4a+a104 (which in theory would have been literally among top10 possible economy ingame at the time) doing the iron argo when it was introduced. Just because I didn't hit anything big because so it was to be.

That is the thing with big multis. They are not guaranteed, you cannot control when they come, they require bad returns in exchange and when you don't get them is pure bad luck. During SGA I lost a buttload of cash on estophyls while my biggest hit was 200ish ped. And there was exactly 0 I could do to change this.

That is when I started to hate "you need more bankroll". Because keeping throwing deposits of 300$+ on weekly basis while barely being a middle hunter and doing things at least reasonably well was beyond my power of acceptance.

So in 2010 I simply stopped playing hardcore, practically quitting the game and stopped depositing more than a few hundred$, if even, per year. Up until 2015 when I heard MA tweaked the game and daily stupid uberloots are gone.

Nowadays I don't hate "you need bankroll". Because at 95% (actually 98%+ tt return), bankroll now IS a thing and calculating your stuff is actually a sane thing, without the need to throw thousands of $ at the game.

I've hit myself many of these multi, I have 5 figures in all three profession. In hunting at least I am currently on par with you, but I was 4 times before lvl45ish. 3 times lvl25ish in crafting. 5 times lvl30ish in mining. Back when there were no skill bonuses, skill pills & shit to give free skills. And 12 years since I made my account. From this position, I can say that be very very very very careful what you wish for.

Also keep in mind that nowadays EU has the most population of active players it ever had. Hence the number of hofs you're seeing might be big, but is only a fraction of what it was when the playerbase itself was a fraction of what is today. Draw your own conclusions. There is no free lunch.

Last edited:
Just when folks replying here log in ?

I don't believe in the multiplier in it's simplest terms more percentage of due loot. I think it probably works on the difference between what you deserve to get based on the weapon you use, less what MA already paid you over time in loot

Then when a large payout occurs, it's a percentage of what they owe you over a given length of time. Which means it can happen on any mob for an amount of loot.

So say the weapon and ammo you burned should have returned 1000 ped over x amount of days.
If you only got back say 300 in standard loot, then the system would give you a percentage of the remaining 700 due.

So if it gave you 100% you would get 700 ped even on a puny
If it was 50% of the remaining due loot, you'd get 350 ped of the remaining 700 ped due.

Probably explains why people that take a break get big payouts, as "all" their due timers ran out, and it popped on their return.

And why people always say, you can only loot what you put in.

All this multiplier myth does, is make people scared to hunt small. I had 600 ped merp young once, was that supposed to be my ATH, should I leave? See what I mean. I don't believe it.

Rick

Seriously "Me Really Never", you're handing out neg reps, because you don't agree with an opinion.

Even though no one knows the loot algorithm.

How very childish and immature.

Rick

Seriously "Me Really Never", you're handing out neg reps, because you don't agree with an opinion.

Even though no one knows the loot algorithm.

How very childish and immature.

Rick

yep. thats exactly what neg repping is for. and im surprised that you care for that. and just that you know, 99% of what you talk is bullshit anyway and most know it by now.
and instead of blaming you in public i just send you a negrep so you can safe your face. but well... you fucked urself over again because you cared so much that you had to make a forum post about it.

yep. thats exactly what neg repping is for. and im surprised that you care for that. and just that you know, 99% of what you talk is bullshit anyway and most know it by now.
and instead of blaming you in public i just send you a negrep so you can safe your face. but well... you fucked urself over again because you cared so much that you had to make a forum post about it.

Please; your ego and arrogance hormones levels have peaked to new heights since that mining hof.
One would think you consider yourself an uber, I was simply surprised you went for the throat.

I think your issue with me, is that you can't get me to adore you and knell before your unchallenged wisdom, as some sort of forum super fan. So you continuingly attack me like some school ground bully. How very pathetic.

Good day.

Rick

None. The only quantity you can put any kind of expectation on is the portion of their income stream getting distributed after operational costs. Try to see it from this angle, and a lot becomes clearer. What they can and do tweak is the distribution algorithm, sure - bigger and fewer or smaller and more multipliers. "It's dynamic" is not Entropia's running joke, but a thing to be taken literally.

I would say this should be obvious, but based on loot 2.0 polls some people actually expect TT profit. I'm definitely aware of this though, and I have spread out a lot of my kills based on trying to capitalize on when MA has done well and can afford to give some good payouts back. I could be either off due to bad luck, or maybe I'm totally off the mark when I try to guess the hunting economy situation. Either way, I'm more interested in just seeing some hard numbers, which a few people have provided. Even with the system being dynamic, if someone's playtime is drawn out enough and consistent, then they should be able to come up with a general idea of how often it happens.

im at roughly 300k kills and i got 5 times a 300x multi and one 750x multi. 1 300x on a longu, 1 on a cultist, 1 on a qaffaz, 1 on a rabbit and 1 on a scout bot collector xt. and the 750x was also on a qaffaz.
interestingly enough ive killed more than twice the amount of mobs that cost 3 ped per kill or more than ive killed mobs that cost less than 3 ped per kill but ALL of my higher multis were on smaller mobs.

I did get a 10 ped drop on a carabok back in 2014. I've definitely killed way more 3+ ped mobs than >1 ped mobs, so my limited big multi experience reflects the same idea. However, I have seen certain people get 300x+ drops seemingly every couple weeks on big mobs a few times like Entropia Kaak, Joker Poker, and even edge 11B. It's probably just easier to notice the people who get drops than the people who don't, but either way I'm curious. Someone will probably come and say "but they kill way more than you" or something along those lines. But as far as the raw numbers go, I don't think someone can kill more than 5k eomons/ feffox/ (aurli I think was the other one) in a day which was about the number of enemies I was killing during the time period that I noticed these drops. Again, I'm mainly just looking for hard numbers to get an idea of how common it is on average.

I did get a 10 ped drop on a carabok back in 2014. I've definitely killed way more 3+ ped mobs than >1 ped mobs, so my limited big multi experience reflects the same idea. However, I have seen certain people get 300x+ drops seemingly every couple weeks on big mobs a few times like Entropia Kaak, Joker Poker, and even edge 11B. It's probably just easier to notice the people who get drops than the people who don't, but either way I'm curious. Someone will probably come and say "but they kill way more than you" or something along those lines. But as far as the raw numbers go, I don't think someone can kill more than 5k eomons/ feffox/ (aurli I think was the other one) in a day which was about the number of enemies I was killing during the time period that I noticed these drops. Again, I'm mainly just looking for hard numbers to get an idea of how common it is on average.

I guess I should clarify on this that I wasn't killing 5k during the whole time period I was watching out for these drops. Only about 2 weeks. roughly 14 hours a day of running bullpen, traskeron, goku, fort lahar, solo daikiba, and the major kill numbers from doing the hold the hill wave spawn of shinkibas going to around wave 30 a few times a day.

Please; your ego and arrogance hormones levels have peaked to new heights since that mining hof.
One would think you consider yourself an uber, I was simply surprised you went for the throat.

I think your issue with me, is that you can't get me to adore you and knell before your unchallenged wisdom, as some sort of forum super fan. So you continuingly attack me like some school ground bully. How very pathetic.

Good day.

Rick

funny how you need to talk about this over and over. you couldve just let the neg rep sink in and stopped caring about it. but im arrogant because i tell you that most of the shit you say is bullshit? there were tons of other players who called you out on your bullshit already in several threads. you have no idea what you are talking about, which is not surprising when looking at your compet investment and that you are only sweating or taming low level mobs. maybe you should stop talking about things you have no clue about. or stop caring about it when somebody calls you out on it.
the reason i dont like you is simple. you spread too much false information. you are basically fake news in person.

Try hunting smaller mobs that you can destroy 10k of without denting your pedcard, and you will find they happen all the time.

All this multiplier myth does, is make people scared to hunt small. I had 600 ped merp young once, was that supposed to be my ATH, should I leave? See what I mean. I don't believe it.

Rick

This is so true on my behalf!
Somehow I never get any decent mulitplier on big hp mobs, but as soon as I step down to smaller mobs due to huge losses I get the crazy mulitplier on a shitty mob.

Did 100 troxes yesterday and got 1(!) multiplier worth 14 ped.
Then did the fugubarba bonus daily and got 5(!) mulitipliers on those 10 stupid birds!! :mad:

I would say this should be obvious, but based on loot 2.0 polls some people actually expect TT profit. I'm definitely aware of this though, and I have spread out a lot of my kills based on trying to capitalize on when MA has done well and can afford to give some good payouts back. I could be either off due to bad luck, or maybe I'm totally off the mark when I try to guess the hunting economy situation. Either way, I'm more interested in just seeing some hard numbers, which a few people have provided. Even with the system being dynamic, if someone's playtime is drawn out enough and consistent, then they should be able to come up with a general idea of how often it happens.

I had started my hunting log with exactly this in mind (although not focusing on mulitpliers, just general returns), and programmed a tool to help with data collection (see link). I'm just not a consistent, meticulous bookkeeper... Will try to revive it under the new system to see what we can learn. Dust is still settling it seems. If anybody is interested in picking up the ball, the tool is entirely barrier-free to use.

I'm more interested in just seeing some hard numbers, which a few people have provided.

Apologies i haven't provided. My main point was that my 800x ish from june 2006 (1020 or so calamusoid warrior) should be judged differently to 2000x feb 2008 (11k maffoid clan warlord). In this sense, limiting my example to 2016 and 2017 to keep to current system:

100x Ridged Tree Dragon 141 PED
250x? Drone Generation 02 382 PED
100x? Zombie Mutant Bandit 180 PED
100x? Maffoid Guard 225 PED
100x? Yog broodmother 113 PED
250x? Green Snake 439 PED

This was skilling hg hit from 40ish to 57ish, MF electro hit from 20ish to 40ish and MF cryo from *nothing* to 30ish, hp from 130 to 166.

Back