Performance issues?

Vagrant

Old Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Vagrant Arangar Melanwil
Seems like the performance has been very bad lately, I am getting:

Mob HP meter going up and down, damage stacking, dot effects not counting, reload and weapon swap stuttering..

You guys experiencing the same?

yes, I seem to have non disappearing corpses.
When I kill a mob, it either keeps standing after I looted it, or the body doesnt dissapear.

Lag, lag, lag, lag, lag... :mad:

Same for me on Planet Cyrene :(

I am on ark and we had to abort teamhunt yesterday because of lag.

its been bad for weapon swap, and loot. been dc'd twice this morning... really frustrating.

Tool swap was terribad for me on CP last night. I died a lot and eventually gave up. Curious for me was that I asked a couple more players in the area if they were experiencing it and they said they did not see it.

been lagging fairly regularly for the last while, their recent hardware change either did not improve things at all or made things slightly worse

fix your shit MA

Good to know I am not alone at least, I tried another session in the evening but it was still terrible... putting my activities on hold until its resolved, not worth my time or money.

today its same :scratch2:

Also falling through floors constantly in shops, apartments. Walking sideways or backwards when moving to target...

Same for 3 days now

Played for about 10 mins last night, unplayable for me so I gave up.

But the good news is, my Goblin Hunter made it to level 8 :laugh:

Lagging consistently despite switching between internet connections and workstations. :mad:

Its not your internet. This is worst lag i have seen in a long time. Seems to be worse on some servers more than others at times.

Urgent note about current game play issues

A comment on whats going on with the extreme lag on many servers in game over the last week would be greatly appreciated. As a daily user this is the worst lag i have experienced since i can remember.

No its not my internet, I am playing on 350MBps and latency of ~20msec or less outside of the game.

Usual game lag would directly show under spikes in latency. And happen on somewhat rare occasion until about the last 5-7 days. However this past week it is different. This started occurring maybe around 9/20. I personally started first noticing it at the Hadesheim crater server. Many others reporting it across different servers.

Some of the action affected by this lag:

Switching tools is almost not usable in some cases
Creature hp bounces up and down as its being shot and should only go in one direction.
Game play fully freezes for several seconds on very regular basis.

From my own experience hunting is barely doable on many servers. And many other players are reporting the same results over the last week or so.

Help would be greatly appreciated and probably urgently needed on this as many participants are logging out or simply not playing until this is fixed.

Definitely server or code related. I've been grinding in the cave solid for over a week and its not just minor lag, its major freeze ups. So severe that I have to manuallly loot even though auto loot is active. Very annoying.

It has been unplayable on some servers. hope there is a fix coming soon.

hope it's not the server calculating everyone's personal loot pool...

yeah, i hope also their techs can fix it...

sounds like a problem within the datacenter (e.g.switches,storages,connections in and outside, databases etc..)

but its definetaly not on the players side...

Eddie

yeah, i hope also their techs can fix it...

sounds like a problem within the datacenter (e.g.switches,storages,connections in and outside, databases etc..)

but its definetaly not on the players side...

Eddie

But support center said it was my crappy internet... :lolup:

For me is like this since 2.0. Is one of the main causes for which I switched to mining :laugh: Especially since fav mobs are in pvp so, no, thanks. It can go nice for hours but sometimes something feels like building up. Hope they can pinpoint it.

Even mobs are lagging these days (ignore being tagged etc.).

Also, had a bad spike of respawn lag yesterday (~10...15 min) - and happened to be in the wrong place when it ended. :laugh:

Have you tried dialing down your connection speed and thread count? I have better outcomes on 1.0MB. I've recently been playing on 256kbit/2 threads. If there's a download update waiting I will turn it up again for that time

East coast USA, latency at 60 ms. It's the servers, not our connections.

Hopefully these server issues are because of how many people are signed in playing Entropia :rolleyes:

seriously though fix your shit MA

It's the same lag as years ago.
Sometimes i'm asking myself if the staff is still same as in those times.
But it seems not, else they probably would know about those issues when tweaking on the servers again.

But I personaly hope it's preparation only, and that we have to live with it for a short time.

I have better outcomes on 1.0MB

I have my connection all ready on 1Mbit for many years, best so far.
(Even then still issues of course)
But actually pretty stupid that we can't put it on 10Mbit :eyecrazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back