Performance issues?

I am beginning to think they dont know how to fix it... we usually get updates for stuff like this... and not a thing from MA except "where is bad at" .......

They are at a loss for how loot 2.011874 has broken the game as a whole.

Good point, maybe true.

Please fix these issues, it is unplayable and wasting resources like arkoins for the ark daily that will not respond.
I cannot play, many in my soc cannot play. I am getting errors even on soc chat.

Stop logging returns and let us play the game non beta please. If its a hardware issue, bite the bullet and hire someone who actually knows how to fix it.

new error
[System]: Service not available at the moment.

East Scyllia mountains.. Lag freeze every couple of seconds and now totally frozen, unable to move, type in chat or even log off the client!!!!!

Its pathetic this has not been fixed already considering its has costs to players... Mob health regen, waisted ammo (being burnt but not damaging mobs).

Rediculous

fckin flying vehicle just got destroyed and i got killed and couldnt revive. I cant even TP on death.

FIX IT NOW

game looks dead...

Server status on loader is now on Yellow, some parts of game may be inaccessible ... yeah no joke MA.

I think they need a better work experience guy there, because the one they have now, has absolutely no clue there has been a problem on the servers for the past 3 or 4 weeks, let alone, how to fix it.

Last edited:
So, i'm in! Can't load auction/friendlist/ingame chat

Such a game like EU with real cash economy having this issues doing nothing to solve it and still opening for players to "invest" real money into it.

Five days ago I had 1600 peds on my pedcard. Last night when i logged off i had around 200.

I dont know if all this losses are related to this lag but when you have 3 seconds freeze every minute I m sure that something isn't right. To start with my damage per sec was lowered a lot with this issue but what amazes me more is the fact that don't exist any kind of mechanism to prevent a player to loss tones when system isn't allright.

Are we playing with beans or with real fuc**** money???

[System]: This item is currently busy and can not be accessed
[System]: Disabled

FOR FUCKS SAKE... FIX IT

Haven't experienced any noticeable lag after downtime :wtg: :wise:

Haven't experienced any noticeable lag after downtime :wtg: :wise:

I just tested - lag is still there - maybe slightly better, may be just wishful thinking

I just tested - lag is still there - maybe slightly better, may be just wishful thinking

Booo :(

Maybe not bad for me as I'm only one on my server :beerchug:

Haven't noticed any improvement. Still unplayable for the most part.

Same as before, lag on everything. Item info, auction loading, 3 seconds nothing happens every minute while hunting...

Same as before, lag on everything. Item info, auction loading, 3 seconds nothing happens every minute while hunting...

Don't forget about your avatar randomly falling through the ground, vehicles getting stuck in mid air, and randomly taking damage while auto running with no mobs present. Maybe I'm just complaining too much and should enjoy the new features?

Seems to be getting worse by the day, can't even hunt mid-level mobs. Just in the middle of a hunt on Warrior and watching them hit me 30 times while it just keeps saying waiting for previous action to finish - then boots me out of the game.

I thought they monitor the forums?

Interesting update for everyone... Had my brother who also plays Entropia come over to my house after work and login to one of my systems, and wouldn't you know, no major issues!! Granted, he had the occasional short pauses in game as most people have been describing lately, but this was worlds of difference when compared to playing with my avatar. Not once did he experience the constant item busy, failed notifications, rubber banding of mobs long pauses during combat, reduced heal due to movement notifications, loot lag, mining lag, auction lag, etc... He played for roughly half an hour at the same server, hunting the same mobs, on the same land area at basically identical coordinates.

After he concluded his short test run, I logged back in under my account on the same computer he just used. My avatar was left approximately where he had been standing, and I began to kill mobs around me. All of the problems experienced before had returned! Now up to this point I had tried all of the normal procedures when trouble shooting, including switching computers, reinstalling the game client, switching internet connections, booting to alternate operating systems, as well as disabling my firewall and antivirus. None of this had any impact on my in game performance. At this point I say "fuck it, let me try running with your game settings" to my brother and had him log back under his account to screenshot all of his in game settings. Keep in mind that I normally run with every setting maxed out regardless of which of my rigs I play on. I log back into my account and duplicate all of his game settings, apply them, restart the game, and magically almost every one of my issues was immediately resolved.

I hunted for an hour with only an occasional slight pause here and there, but with none of the infuriating symptoms from before. Never have I had to change my game settings to resolve performance issues, so this was definitely a shock. Sorry for the lengthy story, but hopefully someone out there can also resolve their issues trying similar steps to mine. I haven't had a chance to play with the options in game to try and isolate the cause, but if I do, I will definitely report back.

****UPDATE****

I believe that the problems were somehow related to my graphics/advanced settings. When I was experiencing all of the major lag issues everything was set to the maximum levels, which is how they have always been since first playing the game. The systems I run Entropia on far surpass any of the system requirements and I had no noticeable graphical slowdowns before tweaking with the settings.

Last edited:
Interesting update for everyone... Had my brother who also plays Entropia come over to my house after work and login to one of my systems, and wouldn't you know, no major issues!! Granted, he had the occasional short pauses in game as most people have been describing lately, but this was worlds of difference when compared to playing with my avatar. Not once did he experience the constant item busy, failed notifications, rubber banding of mobs long pauses during combat, reduced heal due to movement notifications, loot lag, mining lag, auction lag, etc... He played for roughly half an hour at the same server, hunting the same mobs, on the same land area at basically identical coordinates.

After he concluded his short test run, I logged back in under my account on the same computer he just used. My avatar was left approximately where he had been standing, and I began to kill mobs around me. All of the problems experienced before had returned! Now up to this point I had tried all of the normal procedures when trouble shooting, including switching computers, reinstalling the game client, switching internet connections, booting to alternate operating systems, as well as disabling my firewall and antivirus. None of this had any impact on my in game performance. At this point I say "fuck it, let me try running with your game settings" to my brother and had him log back under his account to screenshot all of his in game settings. Keep in mind that I normally run with every setting maxed out regardless of which of my rigs I play on. I log back into my account and duplicate all of his game settings, apply them, restart the game, and magically almost every one of my issues was immediately resolved.

I hunted for an hour with only an occasional slight pause here and there, but with none of the infuriating symptoms from before. Never have I had to change my game settings to resolve performance issues, so this was definitely a shock. Sorry for the lengthy story, but hopefully someone out there can also resolve their issues trying similar steps to mine. I haven't had a chance to play with the options in game to try and isolate the cause, but if I do, I will definitely report back.

All that and you don't tell us what the difference in the settings was?

Currently unplayable on ark.

Sure would help to have one guy from MA to try and help figure this out with people...is it chat channels is it settings is it your server end? either way we should know the state of the service.

To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters.

Charlie led us to believe that in loot 2.0 volume is the key to steady returns, and with the lag issues, volume is unobtainable, thus loot returns are broken by your own definition.

Please fix

Currently unplayable on ark.

Sure would help to have one guy from MA to try and help figure this out with people...is it chat channels is it settings is it your server end? either way we should know the state of the service.

Charlie led us to believe that in loot 2.0 volume is the key to steady returns, and with the lag issues, volume is unobtainable, thus loot returns are broken by your own definition.

Please fix

I wonder who Charlie was referring too, volume has been suicide for my ped card, my best results so far, as a result of these performance issues, has been to log out, and stay out. :wtg:

All that and you don't tell us what the difference in the settings was?

I believe that the problems were somehow related to my graphics/advanced settings. When I was experiencing all of the major lag issues everything was set to the maximum levels, which is how they have always been since first playing the game. The systems I run Entropia on far surpass any of the system requirements and I had no noticeable graphical slowdowns before tweaking with the settings.

Thanks, and that changed things? It seems like it would be a communications problem, not a graphics problem.

Thanks, and that changed things? It seems like it would be a communications problem, not a graphics problem.

It doesn't make sense to me, but immediately after making the changes it had a huge impact on being able to play.

We are currently working on it. Are there any specific servers that are worse than others?

You've been working on this for a week now - any resolution?

How does something like this get broken overnight?

Back