Performance issues?

I've not experienced any lag today. So it seems ok again for me.

As many other posts have stated, lag has been horrible this last week. I feel this is a problem that lies firmly with Mind Ark, as my ping times have remained consistent through this last week.

I see the servers at 11-15ms network latency from London.

East coast USA, latency at 60 ms. It's the servers, not our connections.

Servers are based in The Netherlands so a latency of 60ms is to be expected from North America East coast.

Dirk

For me the most frequent scenarios are as follows:

- shot, nothing nothing (aprox 2 seconds) shot nothing nothing etc effectively reducing dps to some 40%
- shot failedfailedfailedfailed shot failed failed failed same as above, but with extra yellow message
- sometimes the dmg is stacked in the above scenarios, ammo consumed and it bursts at the end of the freeze, sometimes is not, ammo not consumed, simply nothing happens
- very very often I receive lagged damage after the mob is killed, but by lagged I mean 3-5 seconds after looting it
- mine claim with auto reload, unequip, equip finder, autoreload remains magically active, drops probe where I didn't wanted :eek:
- aim claim with excavator, auto reload, ava runs towards claim ("move to target when interacting"), succesfully passes by/or over, depends on topography and keeps running :eek:
- claim deposit, unequip finder, equip mining tool, autoreload = finder remains active and drops probe :eek:
- once every 500 hunt drops or so, finder drops one probe by itself, like an "activate tool" command lagged for who knows, minutes maybe
- also something which happens very often is that I lose notes and notifications, as they would be muted. Repeatedly turning each cathegory on and off seems to solve and display them but only temporary.

And it has nothing to do with latency. I can have perfect fluent gameplay at 400ms ish latency and all these above at 30ms latency.

So, while mining, I just stop where i want to drop 1-2 seconds and I pause 1-2 seconds when switching tools and is bearable (although not okay, they should work as they did for years, streamlined). But in hunting, I don't see how it can work.

It has been unplayable on some servers. hope there is a fix coming soon.

We are currently working on it. Are there any specific servers that are worse than others?

For me, the worst experiences have been Shinook and Argus PVP.

experienced lag in each of the following areas: Icarus, Ithica, Fort Fury, Fort Troy, New Switzerland (the worst for me).

*edit* nevermind.. Isslye is now the worst. could heal in some spots, but not others, especially on uneven terrain.. awful awful laggggggs

Last edited:
Lost a couple of probes from lag during changes between finder and extractor and vice versa on FOMA yesterday.
Tools appeared with latency in my hand. Not something extreme but enough to make you do mistakes.

ROCKtropia is always laggy in some areas so I'm used to it! But not on Calypso or Asteroid.

Of the server areas where I've been spending time over the last few days, Billy's/PA is extremely bad, Oshiri/New Switzerland is extremely bad, Jurra is not so bad but has had issues.

I'm at arkadia and been experienced this 2/3 seconds lag almost every where I go. I started noticing it at the begging of this week. The only activity where it didn't affected me much was crafting.

Hunting is really hard like this. Those 2/3 seconds of lag (they appear once every minute sometimes) can be very bad when you are facing mobs that hit you good. But since no warm for MA pockets...

Let's all keep spending peds until they found out how to fix this. Mean while enjoy your 50% tt return.

Jurra Plateu is just awful. Troxes appearing, disappearing, becoming "invisible" and they still deal damage even if you stand under turret...

A guide on how we should set up the Client Loader connection speed seems to be in need...

I have no idea how it works, I blindly change it until it actually works but so far I have had massive lag the past few days (since i came back to EU) .. I can be tagging a mob and when it approaches me I am unable to swap to my finisher for about 5 seconds, resulting in many yellow messages that I can't equip it..

I am not completely sure but looks like something is running in background together with the game loader.
Several times I noticed a window frame that becomes barely visible for a moment shortly after clicking the 'launch' button and the loading takes quite more time than before.

//Mod Note//