No official info on the recent loot change

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
I am a little surprised. MA told us 1 month in advance about the upcoming loot 2.0 change. as we know the loot 2.0 change didnt actually change too much, except from a base dpp model loot return to actual cost per kill loot return.

now we have had a new loot change a few days (maybe a week now) ago which had a much bigger impact (imo) on the loot overall.
some of these changes are: changed min cap of non multiplier loot
changed max cap of non multiplier loot
changed minimum possible multiplier
changed average return per person (this is a guess but looks heavily like it)
and all this to ensure more bigger multiplier hits across the board. i think everyone noticed that there were more big loots on small mobs in the last week than in the whole year before (might be a little bit overestimated but i guess you get the point)

now i wonder why MA didnt say a single thing about this change. at least a little notification that they changed something wouldve been nice, as they try to better their communication.
maybe we can get an official statement to this post. hopefully.

and im not saying this is a bad change. it makes hunting a little bit more thrilling again on the lower levels and should also on the higher levels.

if they did mention that they changed the caps it would have caused a huge sh*tstorm i suspect... as in "i didn't loot anything! they are lying to make us spend ped!"

this way the loot just changed and some people were lucky to get a piece of it early on... i mean loot 2.0 was a huge change, if they are just tweaking the 2.0 maybe a notification isn't required.. the same dpp model seems to be in use =)

Or these all are just direct consequences of the Loot 2.0 that didn't manifest themselves in full force until people were done with ELM and spread out to other mobs. Because it all started right after the eomon finale weekend, allowing a couple of days for the pools to build up.

loot-shift.jpg

I am glad these changes were noticed as well. For me, seems positive, though also a bit odd to see multiple x4000 multiplier punies this week...

Edit: To Svarog, these are 100% new changes that just occurred on last VU.

now i wonder why MA didnt say a single thing about this change.

They never used to in the past, if the old type loot has returned, then maybe they will say less about how it is derived, as they did in the old times.

once long ago tiers required items be eaten to upgrade it's brother item... Mindark reverted that... This is likely a Loot 2.0 reversion, i.e. loot 2.5 so to speak...

Who is to say there was a loot change at all.. but rather a shift caused by migration ending since most of the mobs hunted at that time were large mobs (with larger HOFs/hits) and different resources. Now things have had a chance to even out and we can notice things more where as it could have been terribly lopsided (which does not say good things about events or how things are set up if this were the case)

Who is to say there was a loot change at all.. but rather a shift caused by migration ending since most of the mobs hunted at that time were large mobs (with larger HOFs/hits) and different resources. Now things have had a chance to even out and we can notice things more where as it could have been terribly lopsided (which does not say good things about events or how things are set up if this were the case)

that there are suddenly no 100% kill cost return mobs anymore is not a result of migration end. obviously... there has definitely been a change. as well as there have never been multiplier lower than 3x. but now ive even gotten 1.5x and lots of 2x multis. also a new change.

1-2 week loot been changed,
average hunting return without multiples was decreased from ~48% to ~41%
thats meen that overall return become more dependent from multiples

p.s. that shows my statictic

1-2 week loot been changed,
average hunting return without multiples was decreased from ~48% to ~41%
thats meen that overall return become more dependent from multiples

p.s. that shows my statictic

yep, same for me. on decent sample sizes (5k kills +) my average return including multiplier has gone down from ranges of 98-102% tt to 85-90% tt.

I noticed this change as well very clearly. Exactly what Me Really Never explains.

Next to no 90~100% looters anymore.
More 15~25% looters.
Fewer minis
Returns going down the drain.
Volatility getting more extreme again.

We back to all paying for those crazy high HOFS again.
Freaking frustrating when you hunt lvl 20+ mobs getting constant 0,50~1 pedders and constantly seeing hofs on shitty little mobs.

well, personally I hated that system because if you unlucky enough you will never get that multiplier to even out your losses.
Or you will get that crazy multi, but you'll get it on that one chirpy running around in that herd of atroxes.

Same for me, I noticed drop from 92-99% to 79-85%. Never had 7-11ped loot on my 1,4khp mob, now I get it very often. If Im hunting and it is going really bad I get 80% and it is like -400 ped, if I get nice multi Im on 104% and that is +74, on each positive round I get 3 negative. Too big violation for me.

I play Entropia for the excitement. The chance of hitting big multipilers is what makes this game exciting to me.

Id much rather lose 10 hunts in a row before getting a massive one, than steady 95% returns.

The commercial value when a new player can hit big multipilers is worth alot more then those google ads we have seen the last few years. Maybe they are even cheaper. And who knows, most of the avatars hitting those big multipilers on small mobs might already have lost enough to cover their hofs.

I bet most of the peds from noob-mob-hofs go straight back into the game in form of buying ul guns, armors and ammo. So thats good for overall the economy.

Last edited:
. And who knows, most of the avatars hitting those big multipilers on small mobs might already have lost enough to cover their hofs.

I think this goes for 99% of the playerbase.

Back