A few things I've noticed since returning

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

Hey,

I recently returned to the game and just want to point out a few things and offer some ideas, here goes;

• The entire market, since I left (I checked back a year ago as well) is down. The only thing that has gone up/maintained are skills and deeds, CLDs/AUDs included.

• Sweat prices have taken a beating. I'm seeing 1k for 1.5ped. Ouch.

• There are more new players but less mid/old players.

• Explosive Projectiles are crafted from items bought ONLY from the trade terminal? This is 100% a slot machine style of gameplay. Literally in every way possible. When did they grant you guys a gambling license?

• Space is still too easy to travel. Jump on a Mothership, log off, join a chat room outside of game, mothership under attack, no problem you don't need to help repair and fight off the pirates because you're safe while offline, mothership respawns and gets to spaceport, log back on, oh... hi! <-- This is ridiculous and hurts the market. If you want to bring loot from one planet to the other, you should be teaming up with people, repairing and fighting if needed to keep that ship alive so you aren't looted. Why even bother with space at all, just put a 20ped teleporter from planet to planet.

• The auction is not new player friendly. The cost of listing is ridiculous for low cost goods, let people list things under 1ped markup for free.

• The transaction fee of 3.5% for deposits is completely absurd. You advertise 10ped = $1.00, then make it so. Eat the transaction fee for deposits or move it towards withdrawals. It will encourage new players to deposit more $ and in turn net you more $ in other areas in the game.

• Unlock soulbound items, this includes boxes, armor, weapons, pills, etc that are purchased through the webshop. They only take up storage space and are not good for the economy.

• Add the packages available on the webshop to the trade terminal or create another in-game shop for this.

• Why is the storage window wider than the inventory window? Consistency please.

• Wording in the game is very ambiguous. "Fragile" does not tell anyone anything about the cost per use.

• Circling back to sweat, why not fix this? It's a major attractant for new players and the price has taken a major beating. Why not change what vehicles use as fuel and make Oil + Sweat create Fuel for vehicles. It could also be used to craft Explosive Projectiles... Like Shrapnel + Sweat instead of Nanocubes?!

• Speaking of Nanocubes, why are these even in existence? They're useless items that are just to amp up the cost per click. Please re-work ANY AND ALL blueprints so they do not include anything purchased from the trade terminal, this includes enhancers components and survey probes. This hurts the economy, which in turn hurts the players which in turn hurts you. Think longterm and you'll be able to turn your yearly revenue from a few million into a few hundred million, there's a lot of gamers out there.

• The mission for the different colour suits is nice, but it's pointless. These suits should include a buff of some kind so people aren't actually wasting their $. Each suit could maybe offer a different buff that way you could put one on depending on what you're trying to do, they will all then have purpose.

• Where is the multimedia content? Have you ever played Star Wars Galaxies with the cutscenes and interactivity? I think even WoW has some of that now and it goes a long way in player retention when they are immersed into the story as much as the gameplay. Text is nice but it's kind of 2007ish...

• Why are creatures still just standing around doing nothing until you shoot them? Give them some purpose, like they're protecting a nest or they're fighting amongst each other, you have the technology. :)

• Mining seems like it could use more interactivity. Maybe the mobs above could be guarding deposits? Running around pressing my finder button every 12 seconds in an area that spawns the same resources every few hours is nice and all... Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but it should be more engaging.

• There are tons of 3rd party tools being used today, like FastTrade, EntropiaWiki, MiningLog, etc. Why are you not leveraging this and creating in-game functions for these things. The more time a player spends in the game client the better and when you need to tell someone "Go check entropiawiki" or "download mininglog" it takes away from what the game could be/have.

I think that's all I have for now. There may be a couple more but I'd rather share those with the devs themselves. :)

I hope maybe this sparks some interesting conversation or implementation in game.

Cheers :)

So basically you want everything they added last 5 years to be removed :laugh:
To fix this list they will need 10 years .

Hey,

I recently returned to the game and just want to point out a few things and offer some ideas, here goes;

Welcome back to this hell hole...uhhh...I mean nice place!! :laugh:

All very valid points you make there for sure.
Maybe you can apply for a job at MA?

Maybe just maybe we can make this game attractive for other gamers as well, apart from this bunch of old and gnarly gambling addicts :lolup:

So basically you want everything they added last 5 years to be removed :laugh:
To fix this list they will need 10 years .

Nice to see some people can be so positive sometimes :)

You just returned to game..thats nice...but judging and comparing from now to what you were used to in past..doesnt match..

yes some points are ok and would be nice to be changed..but sry most points arent..they are good at it they are now...

little examples :

.) not only skills,cld etc are gone up ,also mining stuff,weapons along with new ones , and also sweat priced raised du also to new blueprints added and therefore mor demand.

.)many new players arrived here , the game changed ALOT towards newer ppl,low budget hunters etc...ov some old players are mssing the past and some left also bec of this and similiar things.

.)space + auction... correct in your view

.) transaction fee....i am no expert but since many ppl are using 3rd party providers for depo...those companies want also some money....it has always been this way...only difference maybe the % they are wanting throughout the yrs

.) nanocubes and explosives... a topic worth of writing hundreds of pages....but imo they are/were one of the best ideas ma ever had (and the boxes for sure)

.)agreed about creatures standing around and mining....but thats only a goodie,or an optical thing....better to fix bugs first and get the game going ....when all is finished..why not...

.) 3rd party tools...same as above line...would be much work to implement , and why dont use something thats is already here?...if all probs,fixes,feature are finished..then why not ..
-> alittle thing they already implemented like the efficiency factor, its not finished implemented/programmed imo but ok
also the new armor thing which will come is a good thing (armor wearing requires a certain lvl , OR fully repaired otherwise)

look at the new starter quests,instances,daily,waves etc....many new things added that are really a good way,check it out :)

Eddie

A number of mentioned things make massive money so they are here to stay. Take nanocubes for example, people wouldn't gamble away on this scale with non-markup resources. Webshop items make people deposit more even if they have plenty of free peds in game - you want them to give up the money and move the stuff to tt, just like that? All this adds nothing to the game but it adds to MA's pocket which in the end is good for the game.

Nothing can be done about sweat prices. Tons of new uses and blueprints for sweat were added even in the last year, it just increases amount of people willing to sweat, driving the price even lower. As funny as it may sound, sweat market is the most real and dynamic economy in game, deal with it.

cutscenes

Thanks but no, it kills seamlessness of gameplay and quickly gets old if you are not 15.

There are tons of 3rd party tools being used today, like FastTrade, EntropiaWiki, MiningLog, etc. Why are you not leveraging this and creating in-game functions for these things. The more time a player spends in the game client the better and when you need to tell someone "Go check entropiawiki" or "download mininglog" it takes away from what the game could be/have.

I would like to see the opposite - a rich API so people could create more 3rd party tools and take more functionality out of the game. Skills and items calculators that draw current data straight from the game, external auctions (the Tycoon isn't even available on iOS and I'd like to have a web version), custom UI, external messaging apps for the in-game chats, possibilities are endless. EU is a platform, right? Strip the client to the core and let people build upon it.

Mining seems like it could use more interactivity. Maybe the mobs above could be guarding deposits? Running around pressing my finder button every 12 seconds in an area that spawns the same resources every few hours is nice and all... Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but it should be more engaging.

Activating auto-use tool on your rifle/sword and waiting for mobs to die is not so interactive either :laugh:

But there are definitely subtle tweaks they could make to shake things up. Comatose playerbase is not good for revenue :dunce:

Welcome back.

Depo is still the best way to help the game :D

Hey,

• The entire market, since I left (I checked back a year ago as well) is down. The only thing that has gone up/maintained are skills and deeds, CLDs/AUDs included.

• Sweat prices have taken a beating. I'm seeing 1k for 1.5ped. Ouch.

• There are more new players but less mid/old players.

• Explosive Projectiles are crafted from items bought ONLY from the trade terminal? This is 100% a slot machine style of gameplay. Literally in every way possible. When did they grant you guys a gambling license?

• Space is still too easy to travel. Jump on a Mothership, log off, join a chat room outside of game, mothership under attack, no problem you don't need to help repair and fight off the pirates because you're safe while offline, mothership respawns and gets to spaceport, log back on, oh... hi! <-- This is ridiculous and hurts the market. If you want to bring loot from one planet to the other, you should be teaming up with people, repairing and fighting if needed to keep that ship alive so you aren't looted. Why even bother with space at all, just put a 20ped teleporter from planet to planet.

• The auction is not new player friendly. The cost of listing is ridiculous for low cost goods, let people list things under 1ped markup for free.

• The transaction fee of 3.5% for deposits is completely absurd. You advertise 10ped = $1.00, then make it so. Eat the transaction fee for deposits or move it towards withdrawals. It will encourage new players to deposit more $ and in turn net you more $ in other areas in the game.

• Unlock soulbound items, this includes boxes, armor, weapons, pills, etc that are purchased through the webshop. They only take up storage space and are not good for the economy.

• Add the packages available on the webshop to the trade terminal or create another in-game shop for this.

• Why is the storage window wider than the inventory window? Consistency please.

• Wording in the game is very ambiguous. "Fragile" does not tell anyone anything about the cost per use.

• Circling back to sweat, why not fix this? It's a major attractant for new players and the price has taken a major beating. Why not change what vehicles use as fuel and make Oil + Sweat create Fuel for vehicles. It could also be used to craft Explosive Projectiles... Like Shrapnel + Sweat instead of Nanocubes?!

• Speaking of Nanocubes, why are these even in existence? They're useless items that are just to amp up the cost per click. Please re-work ANY AND ALL blueprints so they do not include anything purchased from the trade terminal, this includes enhancers components and survey probes. This hurts the economy, which in turn hurts the players which in turn hurts you. Think longterm and you'll be able to turn your yearly revenue from a few million into a few hundred million, there's a lot of gamers out there.

• The mission for the different colour suits is nice, but it's pointless. These suits should include a buff of some kind so people aren't actually wasting their $. Each suit could maybe offer a different buff that way you could put one on depending on what you're trying to do, they will all then have purpose.

• Where is the multimedia content? Have you ever played Star Wars Galaxies with the cutscenes and interactivity? I think even WoW has some of that now and it goes a long way in player retention when they are immersed into the story as much as the gameplay. Text is nice but it's kind of 2007ish...

• Why are creatures still just standing around doing nothing until you shoot them? Give them some purpose, like they're protecting a nest or they're fighting amongst each other, you have the technology. :)

• Mining seems like it could use more interactivity. Maybe the mobs above could be guarding deposits? Running around pressing my finder button every 12 seconds in an area that spawns the same resources every few hours is nice and all... Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but it should be more engaging.

• There are tons of 3rd party tools being used today, like FastTrade, EntropiaWiki, MiningLog, etc. Why are you not leveraging this and creating in-game functions for these things. The more time a player spends in the game client the better and when you need to tell someone "Go check entropiawiki" or "download mininglog" it takes away from what the game could be/have.

I think that's all I have for now. There may be a couple more but I'd rather share those with the devs themselves. :)

I hope maybe this sparks some interesting conversation or implementation in game.

I don't much care about storage view, sweat, or multimedia content, and my view differs on 3rd party tools, but I STRONGLY agree that the rest of these things need to be done. Bottom line, if you make a game more fun, more player activity (and spending) will happen.

Regarding 3rd party tools: blocking them with stupid shenanigans like constantly changing images of text characters, hurts the game at least as much as it hurts 3rd party tools. And frankly, without the handful of most popular 3rd party tools, the game is painful. This is a case where collaborating with your playerbase has greater earning potential for you.

[EDIT]: Re: Space: FFS make participation in pvp optional when traveling between planets. The current situation is gimping your game.

I would like to see the opposite - a rich API so people could create more 3rd party tools and take more functionality out of the game. Skills and items calculators that draw current data straight from the game, external auctions (the Tycoon isn't even available on iOS and I'd like to have a web version), custom UI, external messaging apps for the in-game chats, possibilities are endless. EU is a platform, right? Strip the client to the core and let people build upon it.
I LOVE it!

Also, on reflection... I don't want a bunch of cut scenes cluttering up my in-game experience, not to mention my bandwidth. :dunce:

Back