Help: Running out of auction slots - Should Mindark add a tradeskills skill set ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Good morning....

Does anyone know if there is a way to get additional auction slots ?

Should Mindark add an "eve-like" tradeskill skill set that gives additional additional auction slots and less auction fees to avatars that skill it up ?

I'm running out of slots, if the economy was not so sh1tty and my resources sold within a day, I would be playing more, and cycling more peds. Right now I have about 900 peds worth of resources sitting on the AU waiting to be cycled back into peds and then back into probes, which goes back into more resources.....

Come on, buy my stuff so that I can find more stuff !!!!

Good morning....

Does anyone know if there is a way to get additional auction slots ?

Should Mindark add an "eve-like" tradeskill skill set that gives additional additional auction slots and less auction fees to avatars that skill it up ?

I'm running out of slots, if the economy was not so sh1tty and my resources sold within a day, I would be playing more, and cycling more peds. Right now I have about 900 peds worth of resources sitting on the AU waiting to be cycled back into peds and then back into probes, which goes back into more resources.....

Come on, buy my stuff so that I can find more stuff !!!!

Your suggestion wouldn't solve your problem.
If there are no buyers it doesnt matter how many slots you have.
Even if you had a 1000 slots, you wouldn't sell more.
It would only cost you more on auction fees for unsold stacks.

Your last line is the point. "...buy my stuff..."
And not "give me more item lines."

Maybe you should also think about your price you do things in auc? i know ppl which of their mining stuff is sold mostly within 1-3 days...and you also have the option of using trade channels...

Your suggestion wouldn't solve your problem.
If there are no buyers it doesnt matter how many slots you have.
Even if you had a 1000 slots, you wouldn't sell more.
It would only cost you more on auction fees for unsold stacks.

Your last line is the point. "...buy my stuff..."
And not "give me more item lines."

Guess I will HAVE TO WAIT for Mindark to get their sh1t together...

"MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, to ensure that the majority of items have a place within the economy.

The balance between looted and crafted items, along with items from other sources such as events, competitions, strongboxes, etc., will be improved to strike a better balance.

New blueprints will use existing components and resources as much as possible to sustain a thriving and interdependent economy between crafting, mining and hunting." - http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul.../Developer-Notes--12---Loot-2.0-Follow-Up.xml

This really sucks, as if I dont cycle peds. MA does not get paid...

'Wednesday' is in fact an acronym for 'Weekly Economic Disaster: Nothing Ever Sells DAY'.

Just log off and do some house chores. :silly2:

I have had this issue for years, especially with things like armor and armor plates and mining amps ect. You would be seeing a lot more options(and more competition in prices) if those of us who can craft thousands of items (and play the game by the rules, without an army of alts), can actually list more than 30 things.

There was a post last year mentioning the option to buy more auction slots, but that like many things faded into the wind.

I have had this issue for years, especially with things like armor and armor plates and mining amps ect. You would be seeing a lot more options(and more competition in prices) if those of us who can craft thousands of items (and play the game by the rules, without an army of alts), can actually list more than 30 things.

There was a post last year mentioning the option to buy more auction slots, but that like many things faded into the wind.

Again, if a great deal of auction lines expire without being sold, how do more lines help anyone except the odd trader?

Just buy a damn shop or shopkeeper already...

If you can't sell what you are looting, either stop trying to loot it for a while til you can afford the loses when you deposit or stop looting so much and accept that you'll just have to tt a bunch of it in order to cycle it.

Big bankrolls are nice, but only if you have the buyers lined up to allow you to keep moving or the funds to allow you to keep depositing without buyers for a while.

In general, yes, the economy sucks at times... for everyone, at least on some level, but at the same time it's a gentle reminder that 'this is a damn game.' Treat it as such.

If you auctions aren't selling and others are you likely are listing too high. Stop trying to nickel and dime the other folks sitting at the poker table. That type of shit IS WHY the economy sucks... You have the power to do something about it and start listing at better prices, or alternatively stop trying to loot so much til you can get buyers lined outside of auction, etc.

While I do agree with many, that Mindark could do a lot to change the situation potentially, continuing to beg them to do something instead of doing something that you have the power to control yourself is not acting in a responsible way. People bitch that crafters are gamblers. In many situations miners (and hunters) are too.

Last edited:
Maybe you should also think about your price you do things in auc? i know ppl which of their mining stuff is sold mostly within 1-3 days...and you also have the option of using trade channels...
Its mining resources, so its literaly tt+1 which gives me 50 pec profit....

Too Short..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just buy a damn shop or shopkeeper already...

If you can't sell what you are looting, either stop trying to loot it for a while til you can afford the loses when you deposit or stop looting so much and accept that you'll just have to tt a bunch of it in order to cycle it.

Big bankrolls are nice, but only if you have the buyers lined up to allow you to keep moving or the funds to allow you to keep depositing without buyers for a while.

So I should stop playing or be prepared to take a loss... How does my not cycling peds help the game in any way ?

You have just highlighted a flaw in the game.. in that the economy really needs help....

Too Short..

How does my not cycling peds help the game in any way ?

You have just highlighted a flaw in the game.. in that the economy really needs help....

How does cycling ped help MA? They already have the cash for that ped. They are looking for ways to bring more money into the game. MA ain't going to modify the Auction unless it presents some big windfall for them.

And yes, the economy needs help but adding more slots to the auction isn't that answer. It needs a shift from the EP type blueprints which takes nothing from the economy and puts nothing into the economy and dominate the HOF board.

The aim of the ah should be to cycle items into peds as quickly as possible, which gives you more peds to cycle back into items...

Less wasted time = more peds cycled, for better or worse... = more decay = profit for mindark... so it is in MA's best interest to address this.

Too Short..

So why should we brainstorm about that?
Let them look at the numbers and let them do the brainstorming.
If we can come up with this, why can't they?
(because it's a bussiness, that is having other priority's)

And ofc history repeats itself over and over again.
People will never learn it :)

Sure, the same goes for me... Im not going to cycle until the resources are sold...

The aim of the ah should be to cycle items into peds as quickly as possible, which gives you more peds to cycle back into items...

Less wasted time = more peds cycled, for better or worse... = more decay = profit for mindark... so it is in MA's best interest to address this.

thats not what the auction is for. the auction is to get the most bucks out of your tt value with the least amount of work needed.
when you want to convert tt into peds fast thats what the tt is for. and medium fast with a bit of work is a direct trade. if you want to instantly convert your resources into peds with a bit MU then just sell to darkstorm. he offers mostly fair prices, considering the possiblity of losing your auction fees and the peds wasted on auction fees per se.

Too Short..

I would love to see these extensions. Tradeskill could give extra time on auction, more auction slots, very small decrease in auction fee, possibility to handle orders on different planets as unlockable skill.

The trick part is how this skill would work, what would it be gained off such as to not be abused and skilled in 1 month to 5k points and as such render it useless.

But I would love this.

What I would absolutely hate would be to see these things added as buyable "premium" stuff from webshop. That would blow camel balls.

Too Short..

Theres just sooooo much that can be added into the game....

Just off the top of my head , upgradable crafting tables that run off of oil that sits in your house, for example..... of course it would give a slight success % bonus...

So my slots are full and I am soooo bloody greedy that I am not going to mine until I have sufficient funds to do so ...

No sending stuff to the trade terminal for me...

Again, if a great deal of auction lines expire without being sold, how do more lines help anyone except the odd trader?

I have no problem with sales, only keeping up with them.

Maybe silly idea but have you tried to create alt avatars for additional auction slots ? :ahh:

Maybe silly idea but have you tried to create alt avatars for additional auction slots ? :ahh:

what you're suggesting is against the terms of service :hammer:

and still MA does nothing against it tho :D

Is the max per planet? If it isn't, perhaps that one change could help. If it is, get your butt on another planet.

Last edited:
Back