Do you think there is a corralation between your health bar and evade ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
It seems that as my health bar goes down the hits by mobs go up. It doesn't seem that the hits are stronger or lighter just more frequent and it happens often enough that it doesn't seem random. Also one other question how is ones health regenerated ? At one time I read that is was by a percent of ones health and then later on I read that it was a set amount regardless your total health points. I read both post a long time ago so I am wondering if the regeneration has changed again.

It seems that as my health bar goes down the hits by mobs go up. It doesn't seem that the hits are stronger or lighter just more frequent and it happens often enough that it doesn't seem random. Also one other question how is ones health regenerated ? At one time I read that is was by a percent of ones health and then later on I read that it was a set amount regardless your total health points. I read both post a long time ago so I am wondering if the regeneration has changed again.
Hp regen before buffs fixed at +12hp/min, confirmed a month ago

Mob increase hit % is your imagination

Just one shot kill and evade won't matter ...

track data, post results!

otherwise talk about beliefs...

At one time I read that is was by a percent of ones health and then later on I read that it was a set amount regardless your total health points.
It was changed from the former (5% of max hp each 20 sec) to the later (4hp each 20 sec) back in 2008.
On the main question, I don't think so.

It was changed from the former (5% of max hp each 20 sec) to the later (4hp each 20 sec) back in 2008.
On the main question, I don't think so.

I think that is what I remember also.

The mobs hits don't really seem to change as I said. I am wondering how it was determined it was 12HP, I am not disputing that but how can you tell ? I have found no way to read how many HPs I have left after a few hits. Is there somewhere that info is listed other than the total HPs you have ?

6456056_orig.jpg

#corralation #quitesomehp

Last edited:
The mobs hits don't really seem to change as I said. I am wondering how it was determined it was 12HP, I am not disputing that but how can you tell ? I have found no way to read how many HPs I have left after a few hits. Is there somewhere that info is listed other than the total HPs you have ?

Some keyboards with displays, will show exactly how much health you have, shots left, condition of weapons, maps etc. etc. Logitech G19 as an example (what I use).

Also, regarding mob hits, it might be my imagination, but the more I heal on a mob, the more it seems to hit me, if I leave my health at 50-70% or so, I seem to evade more, of course, a crit hit is not wanted then, as it can kill you off :)

All the posts thus far are good but only address part of the question. Does health affect evade ? That was the main questions, the health thing was an after thought but I did enjoy everyone's opinion on that matter. Now I would like to find out the opinions on the original question.

Maybe in yours but not in mine :). I keep very close track on that sort of thing.

Maybe in yours but not in mine :). I keep very close track on that sort of thing.

Then post your evidence so we can discuss it.

Your hypothesis would be that hunting at 50% hp should get hit more (how many more?)

Incredibly easy to measure. Just hunt punies naked at different hp's. Or just let them hit you

Then post your evidence so we can discuss it.

Your hypothesis would be that hunting at 50% hp should get hit more (how many more?)

Incredibly easy to measure. Just hunt punies naked at different hp's. Or just let them hit you

I do hunt them naked and you are right easy to do but too much work. Really the OP was if anyone else noticed more hits at lower health ? I think I have and for sure the puny Berycled hit me way much more that the puny Caudatergus. It seems that the berys hit most every time they get near and the Caudatergus so not (for me).

Anyway I was not trying to prove a theory just wondering if anyone else thought the same and it seems to have turned into a debate which was not my intent just a simple yes/no question that was really worded poorly. I should not have said anything about evade just about being hit more.

I do hunt them naked and you are right easy to do but too much work. Really the OP was if anyone else noticed more hits at lower health ? I think I have and for sure the puny Berycled hit me way much more that the puny Caudatergus. It seems that the berys hit most every time they get near and the Caudatergus so not (for me).

Anyway I was not trying to prove a theory just wondering if anyone else thought the same and it seems to have turned into a debate which was not my intent just a simple yes/no question that was really worded poorly. I should not have said anything about evade just about being hit more.

I thought it was clear that my answer is "No" I will make it clearer next time.

Hp does not affect evade. No increase, no decrease.
Everything, including HP can affect your imagination thou. We're all humans...

You can now go ask others "Does this affect your imagination as well?"
Nothing wrong with that as long as u keep in mind t can't be anything but just a casual conversation. Y'know,like talking about weather.

If u serious about your theory thou, well... We have here something so easy to test, in a field extensively tested already.
All you need is to keep your HP low, take some hits and then look at the log for the lines like this:

Code:
2015-02-16 19:37:37 [System] [] You take 28.0 points of damage.

Then repeat this at full HP. It really cant' get any easier.

Yes, there's some other areas where tests are extremely hard to set up, but with mob damage... the fact u don't bother with any data kinda shows u not taking it seriously yourself. So... did I get the right impression? ;)

THIS IS NOT A THEORY QUESTION !!!!!! It was meant to be just a question.

All the posts thus far are good but only address part of the question. Does health affect evade ? That was the main questions, the health thing was an after thought but I did enjoy everyone's opinion on that matter. Now I would like to find out the opinions on the original question.

Health do no affect evade.

*it could but game mechanic in EU is not programed to do it.
I played a game where amount of mana ( mana is like ammo for magic's spells) affected amount of crits mobs deal. You had to watch to have always more than 50% if not you got so many crits that was hard to survive.
But in EU that is not a case.

Also, regarding mob hits, it might be my imagination, but the more I heal on a mob, the more it seems to hit me

Trough years MA changed amount of skills you get with healing ( lowered a lot ).
On that we ofc adapt but they changed also skill set you get when healing and how many of witch skills affect an avatar.
Today you get a lot less combat skills with faping and that mean you also use them a lot less, in some cases you don't use some skills at all with fap in hands and that affect your evade performance a lot.
In other words you evade better with weapon in hands then with using an tool.
Also need to take in account than shooting/hitting /wounding a mob theoretically slow down mob attack a bit so it hit you less.

Last edited:

I thought you keep track very carefully? :scratch2:

Why do you have this tendency to bring up these theories, claim you know it's a fact, while asking for confirmation, but have 0 data to back it up? I'm inclined to agree its your imagination.

I thought you keep track very carefully? :scratch2:

Why do you have this tendency to bring up these theories, claim you know it's a fact, while asking for confirmation, but have 0 data to back it up? I'm inclined to agree its your imagination.

Not to be rude but if you don't read the posts then why are you replying ? Read my post on page two, I put it in caps so it would not be mistaken. I never had any data , as I posted before, just thought it. I find it very interesting that players make post to find things out and about half of the replies belittle the player for asking the question. IMO if one has nothing to help understand the question or make constructive replies then why even say anything ? Also where did you read in any of my posts that this was a fact ??? The last sentence in your post was all that was needed "I'm inclined to agree its your imagination" which in fact it may well be my imagination. All the other things you said serve no purpose. If you don't like my posts then don't read them!

BTW if you would read the first sentence in the second paragraph "Anyway I was not trying to prove a theory just wondering " again maybe you can understand it better.

I think youre onto something here, better research it more!! Good luck on your hard work of research Cozmodan

Sorry your definition of keeping close track is different from mine. I think I'm on the wrong part of the forums. Carry on.

yes, it does SEEM that way.
And it's logicall that it seems this way.

Let me explain because it's simple.

Whenever your health bar is full you receive hits just as when your healthbar is down.
But when it's full you dont really pay attention to it since it doesnt matter much. You're still healthy enough to keep shooting. So you go on and your brain automatically ignores the hits, since they dont mind much.

But as soon as your health bar drops below a certain point, each extra hit gets you closer to revive so you start noticing it and you unconsciously start to pay more attention to it.

Therefor it seems you get more hits when your bar is down, simply because you pay more attention to a low bar than a full bar.

Just a matter of psychology. :wise:

Back