2 Fast and Cute ideas : Let's add 1 new action to the Action Library + major Oil Rig reform

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hi All :)

I have 2 new "tiny" ideas to improve further our Game, easy and fast.

The 1st proposal is about hunting

Many of you, who practice hunting regularly, almost surely have experienced this small but unpleasant accident:

when you, by pure accident, press briefly the right mouse button in the middle of the battle,
suddenly a small black menu appears in the middle of the screen, causing lag, and disturbing a lot
just when you are in full action,

and even worse when the situation is tough and concentration needs to be at its maximum.

It happens, oh be sure about that, it happens, "like day and night" :
a small brief unwanted touch of the right mouse button and BOOM, the infamous black menu appears right in the center of the screen.
Then, as said, lag follows, and much disappointment, maybe right while a Big Mob is facing you, ready to tear you apart.

The solution to this small but unpleasant problem :

the creation of a new action, to be added to the existing "Action Library" :
so a new small icon that allows you to deactivate/activate the infamous black menu that currently appears when you briefly press the right mouse button ,

so when you are in a deep hunt, the black menu will not be activated anymore by a brief casual & unwanted touch of the right mouse button, and things finally will run smoothly.

I am sure that many experienced hunters will appreciate this small but significant change.
It also can be implemented in days, if not hours :)

The 2nd proposal is a "reform" of the current Oil Rig output :

As we all know, the Oil Rigs located in various planets, give DAILY some thousands of peds in items that can be sold to the Trade Terminals,
and those are peds subtracted from the global Loot Pool .

My idea is to change the current Oil Rig output :
much less oil, or even no more oil
(just, MindArk will evaluate and decide which of the 2 choices is the best for the player base),

and, instead, much more items that can't be sold to Trade Terminals, and also items that just have a TT value close to 0 :
so, sweat bottles, Universal Ammo, and such
(there are a lot of items of this kind that can be selected and added to the list).

The reason of my proposal is to enrich the Loot Pool for the entire player base,
while keeping at the same time a very gracious benefit for those who camp the Oil Rigs

A funny final note :
How to justify in the game plot such a deep and sudden change in the game dynamics, after years of Oil Rig tradition ?

Let's say that "one day" robots might invade the Oil Rigs and sabotage them, so that the Oil Rig output is deeply and oddly altered :dunce:

Enjoy :)
Paul

Last edited:
Maybe i didnt really understand your 2 points , as you also had a discussion over this topic with half of the Rookie
chat....

1., you can disable the loot window in options ->hud->Disable Loot Windows

or if you like the black window , you can drag it at a corner and let it open..

Also a AUTOLOOT pill or a buff,pet etc could help with this..

a., this would destroy the whole idea of the oil rig, its a place for higher lvl players to have fun,shoot others and to and its against boredom...

b.,there is NO advanteage in changing something that works for some years...since you sound new to the game you might just first learn all about it in generell before suggestings such things...this would DESTROY a lot and some high lvl ones arent looking into doing such things anymore..its NOT a place for starters...

c.,This is a RCE game and we have already some untradeable/bound items , it would be bad to have many more of this, this destoys the idea of buying /selling what you want etc..

d., you can "sabotage" the rig as you wrote with mobs etc...do what you want there....but let others also do what they want..

e., its a PVP zone where many things are allowed where on normal places it isnt....and you wanna take those players this place away????

Eddie

You're wrong on so many levels Edward. Calling him "new to the game" when your forum account is years older is funny. Were you actually ingame before 2009?

The rig as we know it today is a joke, mostly because of how the game changed. Let me tell you how the rig *actually* worked when it first came about.

No TP chips, no vehicles. You either had uber gear, or you dodged a minefield of Atrox that would literally aggro you from the edge of the radar. Couldn't even tell you how many decoys I used in my noob days to get there. Even if you made it there, trox would spawn on top of you or run directly to the rig because of the sheep apparently stuck inside the barriers there :p.

Today you have what I call "$100 ubers". Literally all you need to be pvp competent is that amount of money for gear, and mediocre skills to use some of the (L) weapons. That's neither here nor there, but don't act as if you have to be some hardcore uber player to be able to go to the oil rig.

These days the rig adds nothing to the game. PvP is pointless because of vehicles, ME doesn't cost 500% like it once did so again is a non-issue for any average player. No one even fights for the rig now. You'll have the odd tryhard that kills people with less than 150 hp because some kids made this arbitrary rule in the last couple of years so they can feel like they're special.

I don't even see the point of it any more. It's just giving out free PED's to people who either don't contribute to the game or are just leeching off of other players. There is no social aspect any more. 99% of the hardcore players don't even exist these days

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=271004

Last edited:
The rig as we know it today is a joke, mostly because of how the game changed. Let me tell you how the rig *actually* worked when it first came about.

You'd also rarely see more than 1-2 truly "uber" players there at any given time (or maybe this was just my experience). Spawning at the southwest outpost the run back to the rig was probably around 5-10 minutes depending on Trox aggro :laugh:

Actually managed to take over the rig for a few hours with a bunch of fellow n00bs. Until some guy in Angel showed up and mowed us all down with his i2870 :wtg: Good times. A lot less players back then, and very few with the money to buy PvP gear. Even though DOAs and MLs were actually cheaper back then.

Once I take off the rose-colored glasses of classic Entropia... I think the rig was always lousy. They should have scrapped it altogether years ago :twocents:

Actually managed to take over the rig for a few hours with a bunch of fellow n00bs. Until some guy in Angel showed up and mowed us all down with his i2870 :wtg: Good times. A lot less players back then, and very few with the money to buy PvP gear. Even though DOAs and MLs were actually cheaper back then.

Pretty close tbh. I paid 1.5k for my Urban around 2004 and sold it for 2k. Though I did take a huge loss on the Angel I bought in 2006 and just sold it for 9k. Angel was terrible pvp armor though, it was really only good for PvE. Vigi/Nem was just as competent in comparison.

Armor didn't even matter back then. Unless you had Shadow or Eon the only thing that mattered was PvP skills. Even with those armors unless you had imp/mod fap it was all down to player skill.

Last edited:
Pretty close tbh. I paid 1.5k for my Urban around 2004 and sold it for 2k. Though I did take a huge loss on the Angel I bought in 2006 and just sold it for 9k. Angel was terrible pvp armor though, it was really only good for PvE. Vigi/Nem was just as competent in comparison.

Armor didn't even matter back then. Unless you had Shadow or Eon the only thing that mattered was PvP skills. Even with those armors unless you had imp/mod fap it was all down to player skill.

Ah maybe they went back down. I remember seeing MLs pop up to 5k? Maybe higher? In the past few years. Same with DOA LM. I remember picking up a loudmouth for tt+700 back in the day. Dantes were more expensive back then though, iirc.

And yeah the angel wasn't the problem. It was his massive HP pool and insane DPS :laugh: We were a bunch of noobs in nem/vigi with FAP-50s :cool:

Also the thing about Angel was it let you use the "drag 50 trox to wipe everyone" strategy :dunce:

Last edited:
Maybe i didnt really understand your 2 points , as you also had a discussion over this topic with half of the Rookie
chat....

1., you can disable the loot window in options

No no, in this case there is a misunderstanding :

i was not talking about the loot window.

Let's precise that i hunt in 3rd person view, and without the aim mode.

To shoot, i use regularly the left mouse button, while the right mouse button, if kept pressed for a "long" time, is used to rotate my avatar in the chosen direction.

The problem i am referring to, is that, within this setup,
when i press by accident the right mouse button for a brief period of time, then a black menu window appears on the screen (the menu that contains options like "deposit center" , "position" , "avatar" , "settings" and such), and this is ANNOYING when it happens -by accident, aka in an unwanted way- in the middle of the hunt.

So i suggested the creation of a new action, to be added to the existing "Action Library" :
thus a new small icon that allows you to deactivate/activate the infamous black menu that currently AUTOMATICALLY appears when you briefly press the right mouse button.

In this way when you are in the deep of the hunt, the black menu will not be activated anymore by a brief casual & unwanted touch of the right mouse button ,
and things finally will run smoothly...

This is a small but significant, useful change.
It also can be implemented in days, if not hours :)

a., this would destroy the whole idea of the oil rig, its a place for higher lvl players to have fun,shoot others and to and its against boredom...

c.,This is a RCE game and we have already some untradeable/bound items , it would be bad to have many more of this, this destoys the idea of buying /selling what you want etc..

d., you can "sabotage" the rig as you wrote with mobs etc...do what you want there....but let others also do what they want..

e., its a PVP zone where many things are allowed where on normal places it isnt....and you wanna take those players this place away????

Eddie

Modestly, I just propose for MindArk to alter the current economy of the oil rig, not to destroy it :

It's possible also a "hybrid solution" when, together with some oil, some nearly 0 TT items are dropped (sweat bottles and maybe some fruits, stones, etc) plus also some other items that can't be sold to the trade terminal (like Universal ammo, and small amounts of daily tokens, etc, for example).

They could also drop other items (fully unrepaired, so at 0 TT value, BUT still auctionable), like weapons, clothes, etc.
There are many interesting possibilities to explore.

The oil rig might become a kind of "lottery" where many kind of items are dropped, instead of only monotonous oil barrels, that -if dropped in big amount- just suck peds from the global loot pool.

In this way the global loot pool will increase by some thousand peds per day,
and at the same time the oil-riggers will enjoy the new oil rig "lottery" (if it is done properly, of course :) ).

Interesting topic to evaluate, i guess :)

Paul

Last edited:
hmm... interesting ideas... probably not gonna happen, but interesting...

Perhaps Mindark could move the oil that's coming out of the rigs through this proposal in to batsim and make each kill in batsim actually give you some of that, for those that don't do finish the batsim, etc., as a sort of "thank you for trying" type of thing...

If you have lag upon right-click, your graphic settings are probably too high for your hardware.

The solution to this small but unpleasant problem :

the creation of a new action, to be added to the existing "Action Library" :
so a new small icon that allows you to deactivate/activate the infamous black menu that currently appears when you briefly press the right mouse button

How about just a disable left click menu option in the HUD screen.

The 2nd proposal is a "reform" of the current Oil Rig output :

As we all know, the Oil Rigs located in various planets, give DAILY some thousands of peds in items that can be sold to the Trade Terminals,
and those are peds subtracted from the global Loot Pool .

My idea is to change the current Oil Rig output :
much less oil, or even no more oil
(just, MindArk will evaluate and decide which of the 2 choices is the best for the player base),

and, instead, much more items that can't be sold to Trade Terminals, and also items that just have a TT value close to 0 :
so, sweat bottles, Universal Ammo, and such
(there are a lot of items of this kind that can be selected and added to the list).

The reason of my proposal is to enrich the Loot Pool for the entire player base,
while keeping at the same time a very gracious benefit for those who camp the Oil Rigs

A funny final note :
How to justify in the game plot such a deep and sudden change in the game dynamics, after years of Oil Rig tradition ?

Let's say that "one day" robots might invade the Oil Rigs and sabotage them, so that the Oil Rig output is deeply and oddly altered :dunce:

Enjoy :)
Paul

Might just be time to get rid of the Rigs all together> like many have said there is no PVP that happens there regularly anymore and they are just a source of free peds to many. Tho MA does advertise a way to play for free I think this should be gone. ANd lets put the sweat cap back in place too and get rid of that dumb VSE tool while we are at it.

How about just a disable right click menu option in the HUD screen.

OK, why not :

they could implement both solutions , so what you have just proposed, plus also my idea :

"the creation of a new action, to be added to the existing "Action Library" : so a new small icon that allows you to deactivate/activate the infamous black menu that currently appears when you briefly press the right mouse button"

So i can place in my screen a little icon to activate/deactivate the said menu, in a super fast way.

If you have lag upon right-click, your graphic settings are probably too high for your hardware.

Well, surely,

because even though i am playing with super low graphic settings, my computer is really economic.
Anyway, it's not a big lag,

but surely just a disturb that occurs right when i am in the middle of a hunt,
and often the situation is tough and i risk to die.
In such hard moments that unwanted Menu appearance is just a real pain "in the _SS".

Many of you, who practice hunting regularly, almost surely have experienced this small but unpleasant accident:

when you, by pure accident, press briefly the right mouse button in the middle of the battle,
suddenly a small black menu appears in the middle of the screen, causing lag, and disturbing a lot
just when you are in full action, ...

yes!

I hate this pop up window. It happens so often, this unwanted menu!
Make a hotkey for it instead of right mouse button.

I think Oil Rigs should be located in lootable PVP , would be much more exciting. What should be eliminated is the toxic shot that is needed to enter contaminated , or at least drastically reduce its cost.

yes!

I hate this pop up window. It happens so often, this unwanted menu!
Make a hotkey for it instead of right mouse button.

Quote Originally Posted by CortunWrath:
How about just a disable right click menu option in the HUD screen.

I have an addendum for my second idea : the oil rig reform.

Let's restart from my original proposal :

" It's possible a "hybrid solution" for the new oil rig, where, together with some oil, some nearly 0 TT items are dropped (sweat bottles and maybe some fruits, stones, etc) ,
plus also some other items that can't be sold to the trade terminal (like Universal ammo, and small amounts of daily tokens, etc, for example).

They could also drop other items (at 0 TT value, so totally unrepaired, BUT still auctionable), like weapons, clothes, etc.

There are many interesting possibilities to explore.

In this way the oil rig might become a kind of "lottery" where many kind of items are dropped, instead of only monotonous oil barrels, that -if dropped in big amount- just suck peds from the global loot pool.

In this way the global loot pool will increase by some thousand peds per day,
and at the same time the oil-riggers will enjoy the new oil rig "lottery"

(...if it is done properly, of course :)) "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK : since above i mentioned to add sweat bottles, fruits, and similar "nearly 0 TT items" to the New oil rig Output, those items will be dropped LESS outside the oil rig area,
so at the end, on each planet, the total quantity of those items (thus "drops inside the rig area+drops outside the rig area") will stay approx unchanged, compared to the current amount dropped on each planet.

And still regarding this new oil rig, about the drops of weapons + clothes + "other items to choose from a vast list", these items will appear as rarer, more valuable "oil rig item drops" ,

AND they might ALSO appear during regular "special-surprise events" within the oil rig area :
e.g. daily/weekly a funny looking, strong mob SUDDENLY-RANDOMLY appears in the rig (a kind of "Old Fred" mob : strong and with many many health points; or I remember the "terrible" and FUNNY Mutated Chirpy, a black chirpy dealing 200 damage, a memory from really ancient times :)), containing by default a valuable item/items as loot.

All these items, dropped in these 2 just mentioned ways, will be totally unrepaired (thus "0 TT value") , but -of course- auctionable.

My target is to turn the oil rig into an exciting area, "Where wonderful things can happen, at any moment" , even more than it was in the first years of the game, when everything was new and thus "exciting by default".

To reach this goal MindArk might also consider to increase the skill gain by a certain amount, within the oil rig area (example: +10, or +15% , skill gains near the oil rig dropping area) .

This whole "new oil rig" subject has a big potential to offer, both to MindArk and to Players, and should be seriously considered and studied.

[UPDATE]
A sure fact is that an optimisation of the amount of money currently released by the Oil-Rigs, could really help the growth of Entropia Universe.

For example, I imagined that, since there are some oil rigs within the Game -each one giving free money to Players- MindArk might just smartly reduce in a very small, unnoticeable way, the output of money released by the oil rigs : this in order to SLOWLY amass the capitals required for ATH Mega-Loots (e.g. loots of 100k, 200k , 400k ped or even more) that are useful for obvious Marketing reasons (=attraction of new Players).

Paul

Last edited:
Back