Specialized Mining/Crafting Log

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

Hey!

I've decided to log my adventures during my quest for profit.

There are a few caveats to my log which are:

• Will only be searching for the listed resources.
  • Will only be crafting the listed items.
  • Will only be dropping ores only or enmatter only.
  • Will only be crafting with the resources I find/craft.
  • Will only be mining the amps I craft.
  • Will only be crafting on full success.
  • Will only be using residue I loot.
  • Will only be using an F-101 Finder.
  • Will only be mining on planet.
  • Will only be selling extra resources to street traders (except large HOF, duplicate BP or (L) BP).

I will be starting with:

• 0 Resources
  • 0 Crafted items
  • Level 11.6 Prospector (Ground Assessment Unlocked on Mining Run 6)
  • Level 9.4 Attachment Engineer (BP Comprehension Unlocked)
  • QR 10.9 Level 5 Finder Amplifier Blueprint
  • QR 25.7 Basic Coil Blueprint
  • First crafting run will occur when I have enough resources for 20 clicks of amps.

Note:
  • A mining run typically consists of 100 drops.
  • A coil crafting run typically consists of clicking unitl I have enough coils to match my resources for crafting amps.
  • An amp crafting run typically consists of clicking until I need to mine more resources.

If you can think of anything I should include in the log or any tips/tricks, etc feel free to post!

Thanks for following along. :)

MINING
(Blausarium, Lysterium, Narcanisum, Ganganite, Oil)​

Run #
PED COST (incl. REPAIRS)
PED RETURN (incl. MU)
PED USABLE RESOURCES
HIT RATE
GLOBALS/HOFS
1​
101.58​
88.04​
31%
2​
101.59​
94.67​
35%
3​
52.17​
38.90​
31%
4​
101.44​
107.02​
56.32​
28%
5​
102.65​
64.89​
64.89​
25%
6​
177.86​
174.75​
35%
7​
162.28​
203.42​
193.18​
38%
8​
102.48​
83.13(pending MU)​
80.73​
30%

CRAFTING
(Level 5 Finder Amplifiers, Basic Coils)​

Run #
PED COST
PED RETURN
SUCCESS RATE
GLOBALS/HOFS
1​
20.02​
14.16​
28.6%​
2​
243.00​
183.49​
25%​
3​
8.32​
6.63​
46.9%
4​
230.85​
152.64​
26.3%​
5​
8.06​
8.05​
29%​
6​
243.00​
184.54​
25%​

TOTALS

TOTAL COST​
TOTAL RETURN (incl. MU)​
PED DIFFERENCE​
% RETURN​
AVG HIT RATE​
AVG SUCCESS RATE​
GLOBALS/HOFS​
1641.98​
1397.70​
85.1%
31.6%
30.1%
0​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello ..thats a nice archievement/goal/experience...

Crafting a lvl5 amp is a also a nice goal,but also in the middle upper class...

bec.,1click like 12 ped tt (excl.mu)and with like 20 clicks it can be very good or very bad also...

the bp is theoretically maxed at lvl 10-11 , but since its also a sib bp (with max of 95%) you only get the success with a qr 1 bp of around 81.4-->with qr10 little better , regardless if you have also lvl 20 attach engineer or even lvl 30, the qr rate is very important on those bp.

maybe you can think about also using lower bpßs like level 1 or 2 or light versions..also some higher qr bp´s are cheap in auc...-->more clicks,cheaper,more success etc...

depends if your log has to be accurate or not 100% , but also if you only used self-mined ressources you should also incluse the current markup for the time you would craft it to get more accurate numbers...

If you wanna lend a higher qr one ,you can send me also a pm..

Good luck,

Edward MrEddie James

Thanks for the reply MrEddie!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this:

depends if your log has to be accurate or not 100% , but also if you only used self-mined ressources you should also incluse the current markup for the time you would craft it to get more accurate numbers..

I am not including the MU cost on any materials I use to craft with because I'm not paying any MU for them. The mining log costs include repairs to mining equipment (Finder, Refiner, Excavator). I have chose to exclude incidental costs such as Fuel for Vehicle, Mind Essence, Repairs to TP Chip/Vehicle, Armor and Healing as these things could technically be avoided if I were to be playing completely economically. For instance, you don't actually NEED a TP chip to mine/craft but it does save me some time and I'm happy bearing that cost for convenience. The incidental costs, aside from my overuse of the TP chip are fairly insignificant, so are the repairs actually, maybe I should just exclude those or include everything? :confused:

I've added a totals section at the very bottom to keep a running track of everything.

Cheers. :)

Thanks for the reply MrEddie!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this:

I am not including the MU cost on any materials I use to craft with because I'm not paying any MU for them. The mining log costs include repairs to mining equipment (Finder, Refiner, Excavator). I have chose to exclude incidental costs such as Fuel for Vehicle, Mind Essence, Repairs to TP Chip/Vehicle, Armor and Healing as these things could technically be avoided if I were to be playing completely economically. For instance, you don't actually NEED a TP chip to mine/craft but it does save me some time and I'm happy bearing that cost for convenience. The incidental costs, aside from my overuse of the TP chip are fairly insignificant, so are the repairs actually, maybe I should just exclude those or include everything? :confused:

I've added a totals section at the very bottom to keep a running track of everything.

Cheers. :)

well in short....even if you find all mats by yourself you ARE paying the mu if you craft with it , bec you could also sell it for the mu , and when you dont sell it ,,you loose the mu..sooo..you are paying for it in each way

I think this is an interesting way to play...

I am looking at doing something similar but my crafting skills are just too low at the moment to justify high level crafting... So I am setting my sights on lvl 2/1 amps..

Oh if ne1 wants to sell cheap used amps... let me know...

I think this is an interesting way to play...

I am looking at doing something similar but my crafting skills are just too low at the moment to justify high level crafting... So I am setting my sights on lvl 2/1 amps..

Oh if ne1 wants to sell cheap used amps... let me know...

There's a reason why I chose level 5s over the others.

Level 2 Light Amps
Level 2 Amps
Level 3 Amps
Level 5 Amps
Level 7 Amps
D-Class Mining Amp

Essentially the idea is that there are people pumping a lot of PEDs in to Level 5 Amp and D-Class Amp crafting. The chance of me sneaking a global or two in on those amps are higher than if I were crafting other amps.

D-Class was the only alternative but that amps is just too crazy for my budget at the moment.

Also, with D-Class I'd have to be on Rocktropia to do this and not have street traders available to sell to at my convenience. The other reason is that Level 5s only require Oil for their component crafting vs Alicenies which CAN be more difficult to find than Oil. :)

Plus Level 5s are proven to have some nice hits. :)

well in short....even if you find all mats by yourself you ARE paying the mu if you craft with it , bec you could also sell it for the mu , and when you dont sell it ,,you loose the mu..sooo..you are paying for it in each way

I don't really agree with this. I 100% agree with it if I am focusing solely on mining but since I'm pumping the TT return into another profession as TT then using the end product as TT back into the first profession, I've created a closed loop where Markup is out of the picture. I do however include it for the resources I do not need and sell as it is extra revenue, or I could simply include it as incidental revenue and work purely off TT in/out but I think feeding some MU into the cycle is fine.

I also thought about my incidental costs that I spoke about earlier and think my current logging format gives the best picture as to what I am trying to accomplish.

I should however note though the cost of my starting gear (BP purchase, gear purchase), maybe?

Sadly, I've had to put this on hold while I focus my attention elsewhere. It's not as fun logging things when I play far more casually at the moment.

Back