Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture

synopsis

Doc Gray (East Coast USA)
Shadow Theunicate Soul (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Amber Blastie Knightley (Sweden)
Thaddeus Rusty Venture (Central USA)
Fyrs Fyrs Yced (Japan)

What we should focus on is to fix what is broken now.

How to create a mission or an instance. Can you design a new mission for Rock?

What can we do with what is currently there.

We need a road map for the story line and introducing new missions.

What direction do we what to take a planet in.

The limitations on the test server.

How Loot 2.0 is effecting the planet. What we might do to workaround if MA does not fix.

We need to share bug verification among all the government officials.

Open government -- transparent -- all can see what we are doing.

We do the events. Champions League. Hellathon Event!

Can we use instance BP's for un-bought instances -- current instance owners.

Engage the other planet partners.

Voting from the wallet.

Grand Theft Auto style missions.

The story line for the planet.

Big industries built in event systems, Entropia life.

Champions League

Entropiadia updates.

Special mentorship awards.

Filling empty positions or replacing goverment officials that are not working out. Midterm or special elections.

Action Items:

Get current list of mission from NDS (Fyrs)
Get the storyline from NDS (Amber)
Thread on how to improve the forum (unicate)
Get the backlog of already created content that we might use (Doc)
Current list of all items in game that are dropable (Doc)
Multi Planet events (cc)
Event software Joda? (Doc)
Rusty, Amber new player events -- Still refund? (Doc)
Sample mission and instance post to thread (Doc)
New Player tutorials (Rusty)
Champions League (Doc)
Entropia Life (big industries) (Rusty)
Special mentorship awards with MA and NDS (Rusty)

Last edited:
thanks for posting, an interesting discussion.

I will be interested to see if an elected goverment can improved things and wish them well on their mission :)

GZ to Rusty and all the rest of the elected.

Interesting list of action items- should help!
Maybe add-- how to get items for blueprints which need items which are no longer available (if not on AH; then, item is prolly not available?).

Best good fortune to all. Looking forward to good changes on the Rock!

Nice initiative

Good luck to the Player Elected Government.

Action items:

1: Fix hitboxes (change attack animation slightly) on many mobs on RT, SI, NI (drakes, big cats, motorhead, etc)
2: that's it. Don't do anything until you're done with #1

I seriously love RT but there are some "death by a thousand paper cuts" issues that need to come first before adding new content.

Action items:

1: Fix hitboxes (change attack animation slightly) on many mobs on RT, SI, NI (drakes, big cats, motorhead, etc)
2: that's it. Don't do anything until you're done with #1

I seriously love RT but there are some "death by a thousand paper cuts" issues that need to come first before adding new content.

Thanks for the feedback!!
How could I (we) forget!! I totally agree this has to be one of our top priorities in my opinion!

My suggestion would be to have a working economy i.e. an economy that is well thought out and makes sense for lower, mid and high level players. Where everything has a purpose e.g. no point in having pixie parts drop on every mob when there is little use for pixie on rocktropia and devalues pixie.

This should be a priority over everything including bug fixes imho because without a working economy you cant really expect anyone to play on rocktropia. It makes no sense.

I've not been to Rocktropia for a while (last i tried to go was about 2 months ago but couldn't as planet landing was bugged so left) so perhaps its changed now but I doubt it, since Rock has always had a problem with economy from day 1.

Who thought of a gov for rocktropia?
does any other planet have anything like this?

My suggestion would be to have a working economy i.e. an economy that is well thought out and makes sense for lower, mid and high level players. Where everything has a purpose e.g. no point in having pixie parts drop on every mob when there is little use for pixie on rocktropia and devalues pixie.

This should be a priority over everything including bug fixes imho because without a working economy you cant really expect anyone to play on rocktropia. It makes no sense.

I've not been to Rocktropia for a while (last i tried to go was about 2 months ago but couldn't as planet landing was bugged so left) so perhaps its changed now but I doubt it, since Rock has always had a problem with economy from day 1.

Who thought of a gov for rocktropia?
does any other planet have anything like this?

it is NDs attempt to make this small planet look bigger and more meaningful than it is. and then he brags about it in some weird media and thinks he is god while everyone is laughing about him

Probably only so much the new govt can do, but I suppose it won't hurt for us to give you guys some ideas...

A few things that come to mind...

- Need more tameable mob, and more areas where they are more spread out. Pantha ridge is ok, but the radar turns in to a pretty big sea of red there near the tp. Most other planets have tameable locations that have the spawn a little less dense, and also have more than one type of mob to tame. (remember some of us are skilling up using weapons like the old viper whips that just do 2.5 damage on average per hit, using low level armor, etc. Kinda rough if you get 5+ mob on you in no time flat...)

- One thing that I think that RT does that a lot of other planets don't is high health, low damage mobs. That's an ok effort, but it kinda makes leveling a bit of a pain in the a$$ since it means fewer kills on the way up as you are grinding away. There also seems to be a big jump up from low level stuff to super high level stuff... not a lot of really mid level stuff, and what few things that there are are easily missed on first glance since the planet was shrunk down in size, making it seemed crammed in together.

- Secret Island is pretty cool, and all, but for the longest time I think there was some tp up right next to noobs noobs noobs to it that actually didn't work since you have to go there via the dragon down by CND... Little things like that are all around the planet... hints at the old locations on and missions that no longer exist, were moved, etc.

kinda similarly, some old maps on some of the wikis (yes there's more than entropiwiki out there) still show the old map pre-server shrink down... making it a bit confusing. The consolidated list here in the forums is helpful, but just one tiny thread like that that actually gives any useful info is kind of hard for folks to find who are just starting out, etc.

More general info on a lot of things all over would be helpful. There's a lot not documented, increasing the learning curve for anyone wanting to stay on RT for any extended period of time.

Repeatable daily cop missions, etc. is nice, but finding the exact coordinates to start them daily isn't exactly easy. Some have suggested in the past that the start for those be assigned to one of the cop npcs or some centralized place, like assign one of the buildings to be the police station and throw the missions in to a terminal or npc there... little ideas like that could make it easier to survive there. (Kinda similarly, those dailies are a pain in the a$$ since mob down there is so mixed... I guess that's supposed to be the challenge, making you a bit of a detective, but anything that makes a daily mission harder, or any mission 'harder for the player to do', just seems to be silly stupid in keeping players around long term. I'm not saying everything should be super stupid simple, there is something nice in a bit of a challenge, but when it becomes difficult to accomplish simply for technical reasons like trying to find the exact coordinates to start a mission, etc. not being able to find the quest broker, having junk like s secret island tp that doesn't actually work, non-functional npcs that don't give you any message unless you are their specific quest, instance entrances that don't really explain why there are there to a new player who has no idea, crappy stats on crafted weapons and item blueprints that drop, etc. makes it a little 'less fun', more tedious, and gives players a reason to haul a$$ to another planet instead of sticking around)

Zomhatten is fun but all the kongs and radiated spiders make it annoying at times

Last edited:

I'm sorry mate but I don't agree with you here, my personal opinion is that annoying/irritating bugs should be prioritised. Activity is key when it comes to having an improved economy. Obviously there should be dedicated things done in order to help the economy as well which we do work on.

It would be nice if you would come with some examples of what you think should be done more than just saying what should not be done. However I do agree with you that dropping "universal" items in the loot never really helped except for some of the more rare items.

Probably only so much the new govt can do, but I suppose it won't hurt for us to give you guys some ideas...

A few things that come to mind...

- Need more tameable mob, and more areas where they are more spread out. Pantha ridge is ok, but the radar turns in to a pretty big sea of red there near the tp. Most other planets have tameable locations that have the spawn a little less dense, and also have more than one type of mob to tame. (remember some of us are skilling up using weapons like the old viper whips that just do 2.5 damage on average per hit, using low level armor, etc. Kinda rough if you get 5+ mob on you in no time flat...)

Agreed! This is currently not feasible since most of the RT tameables on RT require you to kill a specific mob in order to spawn them.

- One thing that I think that RT does that a lot of other planets don't is high health, low damage mobs. That's an ok effort, but it kinda makes leveling a bit of a pain in the a$$ since it means fewer kills on the way up as you are grinding away. There also seems to be a big jump up from low level stuff to super high level stuff... not a lot of really mid level stuff, and what few things that there are are easily missed on first glance since the planet was shrunk down in size, making it seemed crammed in together.

Spot on, this was always my feeling as well when it came to RT. At some point I had a hard time to progress. These days I think it is much better balanced though. But still something to review, personally I need to diversify and explore a bit and not just hunt my usual prey to get up to speed.

- Secret Island is pretty cool, and all, but for the longest time I think there was some tp up right next to noobs noobs noobs to it that actually didn't work since you have to go there via the dragon down by CND... Little things like that are all around the planet... hints at the old locations on and missions that no longer exist, were moved, etc.

Afaik this broken TP doesn't exist anymore. At least I've not seen the blue dot on the radar when passing by in the area... If it does exist we should put it on Fyrs list of bugs.
Speaking of old things, personally I'd like to open up the tunnel/cave passage at CND lagoon that was filled up at some point. This is part of one of the trails in the "noob" mission "road to war", so it makes no sense why it was filled up, it was also a nice path out to hunting areas that we used to take.

kinda similarly, some old maps on some of the wikis (yes there's more than entropiwiki out there) still show the old map pre-server shrink down... making it a bit confusing. The consolidated list here in the forums is helpful, but just one tiny thread like that that actually gives any useful info is kind of hard for folks to find who are just starting out, etc.

More general info on a lot of things all over would be helpful. There's a lot not documented, increasing the learning curve for anyone wanting to stay on RT for any extended period of time.
I totally agree that more info is needed, however I'm not aware of any outdated maps. At least all of them should be of the shrunken version! Please do point me in the direction where old stuff might exist.
Entropiawiki (Entropedia) & EntropiaPlanets are the only ones I will personally prioritise, any other I'm also not aware of...

Repeatable daily cop missions, etc. is nice, but finding the exact coordinates to start them daily isn't exactly easy. Some have suggested in the past that the start for those be assigned to one of the cop npcs or some centralized place, like assign one of the buildings to be the police station and throw the missions in to a terminal or npc there... little ideas like that could make it easier to survive there. (Kinda similarly, those dailies are a pain in the a$$ since mob down there is so mixed... I guess that's supposed to be the challenge, making you a bit of a detective, but anything that makes a daily mission harder, or any mission 'harder for the player to do', just seems to be silly stupid in keeping players around long term. I'm not saying everything should be super stupid simple, there is something nice in a bit of a challenge, but when it becomes difficult to accomplish simply for technical reasons like trying to find the exact coordinates to start a mission, etc.
Awesome idea!! Will for sure make something out of this! Always wanted to see it improved but never had this idea with a "police station".
One thing I have on my agenda is to make a "iron mission" NPC, that has been requested for a long time. I think it is important since RT is more of a temporary visit for most participants and then you want quick access and might not care about story line.

Zomhatten is fun but all the kongs and radiated spiders make it annoying at times
Personally I thought the radiated spiders where only in more or less isolated areas, guess I'll have to explore Zoomhattan more in detail again... But I've hard time to see that you can properly back this statement up.
Zombie Kongs being spawned in excessive amounts for event near the Empire State building does not count :D

Anyway, thanks a lot for the extensive feedback!

P.S. A new version of the forum has launched, everyone is welcome to come there to join our effort to improve RT.

Was there ever any more meetings, etc. after this? I seem to recall a forum that Rocktropia had for the government, but they changed forum 2 or 3 times, so no idea if any of it's still going on, etc.?

Was there ever any more meetings, etc. after this? I seem to recall a forum that Rocktropia had for the government, but they changed forum 2 or 3 times, so no idea if any of it's still going on, etc.?

No forum, no gov, no dev team, no ND.

Status
Back