Hogglo Diablo Scheduled Events

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
hogglo-feb-2017-buzz.jpg

Due to recent performance issues, we are hosting a series of Hogglo Diablo scheduled events for monitoring purposes.

Locations
  • Fort Ithaca (68983, 87017)
  • Ashi (82680, 78220)
Start Time: Friday, October 13, 12:00 UTC
End Time: Monday, October 16, 23:59 UTC

Shared Loot Locations
  • West of Fort Argus (74250, 92714)
Date/Times:
Saturday, October 14
  • 11:00-13:00 UTC
  • 18:00-20:00 UTC
  • 23:00-01:00 UTC

Please Note: after the last scheduled time (23:00-01:00 UTC ) the shared spawns will continue to spawn until Monday UTC 23:59

Originally Posted Here

So what you're saying is, "the devil made me do it"?

I've been in-game. I can't imagine how such an event could go wrong... :rolleyes:

If you are going to stresstest the problematic servers and expect us to withstand lag and suffering, you better give us an incentive to participate. Why not add 5-10% global skill increase for the duration of the event or something like that?

You can at least be a little more careful as how you present unique hunting events, since it now feels like it is not for us players, but only for the sake of stresstesting servers and lootsystem. Was the eomon/longtooth also just a big test for loot 2.0?

The recent RX event shows how willing we were to participate under awful lag, why do you think it will be different this time?

Due to recent lag, we're now giving you the opportunity to spend more PED! Make sure to use your most expensive gear as you pay us for stress testing our servers, yes, we're just that generous!

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour from a business :laugh:

Why is this not at 100% skill weekend, to at least reward people for bothering to suffer the lag? I can't see how they're going to glean more information from this than the last 6 weeks of lag?

new_hogglos.jpg

The Hogglo Ranch - 500 ped Bonus Event - join now !!!

Indeed, if lags this bad, they surely cant expect us to hunt a mob that hits pretty hard, under duress of more lag, without an incentive.

Was in twins earlier, took me 4 minutes just to log out :)

Instead of at least saying we are very sorry about this situation, and we have no idea what's going on, they just ask people to spend again money for their test purposes?
Throw me some PEDS MA then I might have a shot or 2.

Realy??? :laugh:

Have fun for those that going to try to loot a Elm or whatever they are going to drop.

They only thing that I will be
monitoring
is my PED card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show up plenty and shoot at it with TT weapons. Not much risk and exactly the stress test needed. (Of course greed will take over anyway and the usual bitching ensue. Worth a try just to prove the opposite...)

Too Short..

Reactions: San
just wondering, what's the incentive to actually try this?

Just to torment yourself?
You got to much ped and have no clue what to do with it?

I guess with this event there will be 1 lucky winner who gets a nice item, and the rest will simply lose....big time!

Loot has become to volatile again, and as MA has quoted, "sure you can get 95% return...if you keep hunting indefinitely."

Anybody up for 5000 hogglos diablo's to minimize your loss to 95%?

Please deposit 200k first and will get you back 190k.
For everybody who deposits less, we'll give you 50% return unless it's your lucky day.

So freakin tired of this useless money drain!

Too Short..

Well we don't know the numbers.
But to me it's just like this.

M.1 Hey guys did you notice a drop in PED cycled also?
M.2 Yeah, how do we get them massivly shooting again.
M.3 Just throw an quick (Event) with a carrot for them.

But this event lacks the carrot for people :confused:

Anyone away from TT-users (which has already been a suggestion) who are just gambling on "stealing" the ESI or high-TT items, or the absolute 200DPS users will lose loads of PEDs. Not saying the 200DPS users won't lose tons of PEDs either.

Large shared mobs just don't work with the current loot system (1 ESI drop of 1250ped rather than 100 12.5ped in the same loot). And this is coming from someone who has looted a 1250 ESI from a large shared mob (albeit one I did >50% damage to).

Too Short..

Wait ... I know during the fail of the last RX event now they will throw some big loots in game or even an ATH ( just for publicity and excuse )
You guys should definitely try it , maybe you have luck.
This is the big opportunity before the Halloween event .

Too Short..

I'm waiting for that luck like 9 years now:laugh:

No but seriously, I realy don't give a shit about looting anything (would be nice ofc)
I just love the challenge here.
But I hate the challenge MA is giving us now and then.

I also don't wanna drive a 3 wheel car, when it's supose to be having 4, it will not be a smooth ride.

Oh James is gone, let's see what the next step is. lol

The Challenge it's everyday you play the game , It's a challenge not to lose everyday more peds

stress test?
Hogglo Diabolo? 100.000 HP mob with 300dmg ? not even shared loot.

there are barely 20 ppl, who can do them.
imho a "stress test" needs 200 ppl here, not 2.

or did i miss something?

stress test?
Hogglo Diabolo? 100.000 HP mob with 300dmg ? not even shared loot.

there are barely 20 ppl, who can do them.

or did i miss something?

No you're not missing it.
20 people in one location is already enough for a stress test.

Go figure

If they would have organized an event for everybody it would have failed for sure. No need to test that.

In this case they can do it at Camp Icarus, there should be plenty GD's around for a stress test :laugh:

I'm happy to do a stress test, but not on my expenses, just make a area, (fortress maybe)
Turn of loot on the test mob, and turn of ammo and gear decay.
There you have a decent stress test.

We don't lose money and they have the results needed to do the analyzing.
That's how you need to do this, if you realy care about your customers that are loyal year in year out. blah blah, and so on.

You're absolutely right. I correct my suggestion, let's show up plenty and sweat it. Free death skills for volunteering.

Edit: Scratch that, forgot area damage :p Wth.

Last edited:
okay, i apologize.

"stress tests" im used to were with >5.000 players on one server. but that was another game...

okay, i apologize.

"stress tests" im used to were with >5.000 players on one server. but that was another game...

Unfortunately Entropia hasn't had 5000 players concurrently... ever... :wtg:

Please and just don't show up or even better, don't play EU for the whole weekend. Then we demand changes in this crappy looting system where you only loot oils and ammo....endless examples of how the ingame economy is fucked atm.

Please don't show up at all !!!!

#boycott

Please and just don't show up or even better, don't play EU for the whole weekend. Then we demand changes in this crappy looting system where you only loot oils and ammo....endless examples of how the ingame economy is fucked atm.

#boycott

to late, loot window is already being spammed with diablo kills.

#boycott

Hi,
We noticed that you haven't been logged in to Entropia Universe for a time now and we don't want you to miss the opportunity of being a continuous part of our virtual community.

Last Global:
Kreltin Alpha 82 PED Tue, 26 Sep 2017 05:56:40

Hunting Rank: From top 10 down to 262 of 4 094

Keep it up MA, I'm getting lots of real life stuff done.

Good luck to all you testers in prod :wtg:

MA, you make this event under the guise of a stress test.

You have, in a roundabout manor, told us you are aware of the horrendous lag and are "testing" the problem. Great news, sort of. A little late, don't you think?

But the worst part isn't even that. It's that you feel these events are acceptable "stress tests." As others have said, a stress test implies that things may not may not be functioning at peak performance. Things may or may not be working as intended.

This all means you are aware of potential issues. Many MMOs do stress tests. That's not a problem at all. But most MMOs, when stress testing, give the players at minimum a token reward for their contribution, even the smallest thing, as appreciation for their dealing with the instability. Some even create events that negate costs to players and allow them to truly stress test without fear of losing due to your system issues.

Not only do you not ever do this, you put the cost of the stress test on your players. You lure them out with the fear of missing out on something good. Something that most who participate won't even see. To participate in your stress test, they must pay the cost of competing against each other with no idea if they're going to walk out with huge losses. All the while you get a free stress test of your servers which you then go on to use to draw a living from those players.

None of this makes an ounce of sense. You have instances but you don't bother to build any kind of testing instance. You don't bother to create test regions. Or test mechanics. So your one, only, and final live fire stress test is a dive into your players pockets at the same time.

:rolleyes:

Too Short..

Was talking rubbish above, but feel really jaded lately. Just an observation from the sideline, every global below ca. 350 ped is below the cost to kill this thing. Hope the stress test goes well, for all sides.

Last Global:
Kreltin Alpha 82 PED Tue, 26 Sep 2017 05:56:40

Hunting Rank: From top 10 down to 262 of 4 094

Keep it up MA, I'm getting lots of real life stuff done.

Good luck to all you testers in prod :wtg:

Neomex Watcher 99 PED Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:27:02

;)

Back