f#cked by the multiplier!

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
I couldnt resist the urge any longer to spew my guts here.

With loot 2.0 MA made a nice step imho to reduce volatility.
we had less globals, but more mini's.
Loot become a bit more stable again.
No need to hunt 10k mobs to get at least a bit of result.

Now it seems loot has been back as to how it was a decade ago.
Mostly 30~50% looters, very few multies, and next to no more globals, compensated by the extreme HOFs for the lucky few.

MA states that you need to hunt a very large number of mobs to get to see that magic 95% return.

But now comes the big issue.
What to do when you want to switch mobs?

For example, I've been hunting 1000HP mobs getting mainly 60% return runs. If I just keep hunting them long enough I might get that HOF to get me back on track. Might...

But now I'm doing a daily in between, hunting a 50HP mob and get multi after multi. Those were all the multies I didnt get on the big mobs.
Now I won 50 ped, which is huge profit % wise, but doesnt even come close to compensate my early losses.

So I go back hunting 1000HP mobs and dont see anymore multies anymore since they all came on the merp daily.

So, you're fucked by the multiplier!
As MA stated there is no personal loot pool, that means those small mob multies have been lost, spend on shit mobs while you needed them so badly on the real mobs you were grinding.

Does this mean you can no longer step down to smaller mobs after a bad streak which seems to go on forever?

Sure, this story could also go the other way around I guess.
Getting no multies on a huge number of punies just to all get them on bog mobs. In that case, you;re the lucky winner. But somehow this never seem to happen.

So, this creates a huge problem for me to enjoy the game. I'm getting more and more afraid to hunt some small mobs simply because of the fear of getting a multi. I dont want a foul mulit, I want a freaking atrox multi!
I've also stopped hunting mix maturity mobs, because there also you get the 6000% multi on the young and the 25% standard loot on the stalker.

Are we being fucked by the multiplier?

This happens to me all the time, I hunt 1k+ mobs and then a tripudion or something spawns. You kill it and bam global... Multiplier wasted :( story of my life :laugh:

5 hours proteron hunting - average return per mob was 57%
4 mini and 2 small globals , in the end 1.3 k lost
Seems nothing wrong to me :wise:

5 hours proteron hunting - average return per mob was 57%
4 mini and 2 small globals , in the end 1.3 k lost
Seems nothing wrong to me :wise:

First chirpy you will shoot will be a 100X multi. :wise:

its why i if i have to shoot some shitmob due to aggro i never loot it

its why i if i have to shoot some shitmob due to aggro i never loot it

lol, very recognizable.

But it's a bit hard if you do a daily. Would be a bit of a waste to not loot 100 mobs.

And it's mostly these dailies that fuck you over.

MA introduced all new and shiny daily token stuff, making you want to get as many tokens per day as you can get.
So you make the mistake to do all 3 dailies, from small to big.
Getting all multies on small and none on big.

So this daily token is worth about 1 ped, but costs you 100 ped to get!

its indeed the reason for me i dont do dailys on small mobs,im probably wrong in my thinking ,but earlyer whenever i go9t an multplier on say an berry when i was doing longtooths it worride me i wasted my multiplier,so now just to keep my mind at ease i avoid shooting/lootig small mobs :)

its indeed the reason for me i dont do dailys on small mobs,im probably wrong in my thinking ,but earlyer whenever i go9t an multplier on say an berry when i was doing longtooths it worride me i wasted my multiplier,so now just to keep my mind at ease i avoid shooting/lootig small mobs :)

So, if you had a long streak of bad luck on big mobs, you cant step down.
You read a lot of advices where people say that you have to adjust your play style if you lose to much.
That you need to go hunt smaller to minimize your losses.
But actually this can do more harm than good, because as soon as you step down, the multies will start dropping, making it impossible to get your lost peds back.
So if you had a long bad streak on big mobs, you're just fucked.

Well, instead of hunting smaller to minimize losses, you can better just stop playing at all.

Well done MA!

There used to be a way to (fairly accurately) predict when certain mobs would pop... but afaik this is changed now (or at least, I don't understand how because I don't play much anymore).

Sorry but if this were true you could also waste all your shitty multipliers on small mobs and just go out and hit it big on high hp mobs. But ive never heard this happend. Im sure there is more of it and you not really wasted anything.

I've already put 2000 dollars in the 10 dollar slots. I can't move down to a lower limit now, I'll waste all my money that I put in.

Le sigh...

Reactions: das
Sorry but if this were true you could also waste all your shitty multipliers on small mobs and just go out and hit it big on high hp mobs. But ive never heard this happend. Im sure there is more of it and you not really wasted anything.

there aren't such things as shitty multipliers.
Any multi I get makes me happy when I'm grinding away.
It's more like the total lack of multies on bigger mobs and the abundance of multi on smaller mobs.

And for sure it's wasted since there's no personal loot pool.

It's like the lottery. the chance to win the jackpot is minuscule. The chance to get 2 jackpots is even smaller.
So if you had your 3000x multi, you might as well stop hunting for a long time since the chance that you hit another 3000x multi is nearly non existent.

So IF you get that 3000x multi and it was on a small mob while mostly you hunt big mobs, you're fucked.
If you only hunt small and hit the 3000x on a small mob, yes, you can be happy.

And as I already got a 3000x last christmas (1680 ped merry snarg), I might as well stop hunting anything bigger as I wont be getting more than 1 multi of that size anyway.
Took me 10 years to get such a multi.

So I'll come back in 2026 and see if I'm eligible again for a nice multi. But then on a mob with considerably HP's.

I've already put 2000 dollars in the 10 dollar slots. I can't move down to a lower limit now, I'll waste all my money that I put in.

Le sigh...

yes, you're fucked.

Either keep feeding the 10$ slots to hope for that equalizer, or risk the chance to get that multi on your chirpy bonus daily!

There is a new term in town.

2.0ed = Getting the full experience of new loot system where the normal return digs a hole an 1 in 100k mobs loot wont get you out off (A loot the guy with 2 globals will get) .
Since there is abolutely no way(buffs, Ecomindset,heal chips, skills) to improve your TT return without buying imk2 the 2.0ed player cuts down on his cycle or stop shooting what so ever.

Well, do yourself a favor and estimate via entropialife what is possible to get on 1k hp mobs. As much as possible, try to estimate for respective hunters the relative chance versus the other globals they got (and for which you should be able already to estimate their own density in your own return). Extrapolate for your chance. Add a 50% margin for healthy paranoia. Check your bankroll. Sigh. After sighing, tea and biscuits. That's about it :laugh:

There is a new term in town.

2.0ed = Getting the full experience of new loot system where the normal return digs a hole an 1 in 100k mobs loot wont get you out off (A loot the guy with 2 globals will get) .
Since there is abolutely no way(buffs, Ecomindset,heal chips, skills) to improve your TT return without buying imk2 the 2.0ed player cuts down on his cycle or stop shooting what so ever.

And the IMK2 user stops too, because the ROI on the $6500 investment went from a small positive, to a small to medium negative. Better to just buy CLDs and logout ;)

It's fairly true from what I've seen. I've been decently lucky to stay floating in this environment, due to mostly all of my biggest loots happening recently. Seems the trend is Lose 2k, hof a few times and get near positive, lose 1k the day after, lose 1k the day after, hit another hof to cover half. Lose 1.5k now these last 2 days......lets hope the same thing that has been happening happens again, but it sure is depressing.

I couldnt resist the urge any longer to spew my guts here.
Are we being fucked by the multiplier?
nah, you just got my unlucky ped in the last trade we did. Now the curse has been passed on. Hope you use it wisely to pass it on to the next guy.

... Better to just buy CLDs and logout ;)

Be careful with the advice's that you give.

CLD prices are plummeting.
And they drop much faster then they pay out.

Better to just wait a year, see if the game is still around, and if so, buy the CLD's at 1000 ped.

... Seems the trend is Lose 2k, hof a few times and get near positive, lose 1k the day after, lose 1k the day after, hit another hof to cover half. Lose 1.5k now these last 2 days.......

HOF's?

You get HOF's?

You lucky bastard!!!

Reguarding the new system and shitty loot.

Before there was a bigger pool and anyone could steal a streak or the standard hofs, but naturaly in the longer run the most efficent killer would eventually win.
Say 10 m ped was hunted each week, MA would take their cut 400k peds(this is for examples sake, you can find out exact number by reading the financial report with running costs etc)
Then collecting for the out of ordinary jackpotts another 500k
Left was the 9,1m ped to be payed out in standard size loots,all mobs payed out same ammounts and intervals but by a rng when they dropped.

Ive spoke alot about this on prots.

Now with 2.0 its diffrent
10m in
MA take 400k doubth its smaller
Big multi still happening say 500k
MA says everyone gets 92-99% avarage no matter what.
They say avarage loot with big multi are like 96% based on the info they post.
That leaves such a small ammount of peds in pool just floating around for anyone to grab.
So pool is decimated from 9 million peds too maybe 500k,
So now your are more destined lose every run and too get a part of those peds that bring you over your predestined TT return based on your efficiency you need to be lucky.

How lucky you migth ask.
The out of ordinary hof pool should be same size as before so to get ahead you need like those pre 2.0 +10k loots.

deposit , play smart :scratch2:
work , gain a depot :yay:
play real game, items/armor/ never :broke: if you pay and pay again and again and again and again :laugh:

MA have cured me this year , i know now is not normal for a Game give this stress :bowdown:

MA have cured me this year , i know now is not normal for a Game give this stress :bowdown:

Nah, there's no cure. At least not for you. You're too far gone already. Beyond salvation! :silly2:

Another uber Argo.... 4k Agronaut young... go figure.

Dynamic!!

You ped 50 PED globals on trash after hunting prots because system "owes" you TT. It's paying back :)

Sometimes the system forgets to pay you though, well, most of the time, but be happy with what you get. It's all about swirlies :lolup:

You are thinking there is only one multiplier.

I dont think the system is counting multiblier as return, its counting peds so i wouldnt care to get a high multiplier on a smal mob.

I dont think the system is counting multiblier as return, its counting peds so i wouldnt care to get a high multiplier on a smal mob.

It's not counting ped. There's no personal loot pool. So no ped to count.

Personal multipliers would mean same thing wizz, don't kid yourself :p

wizz problem with u is u dont hunt enough, so better stop talking

I got a thing. There are 2 types of hofs one that new players take it to encourage them to keep going and second based of your tt loss. So lets say a period u should get 97% return and u have 95. Boom. My last hunting months i recorded were 97,5%.

For all you knowitalls, I have not the most efficiency, nor do i have the most addons like buffs but Im in TT+ since 2.0 was introduced and its by no means possible to say that my samplesize is too small, have been onholiday a few days but Im sure Im among the ones who killed the most mobs.

Its still possible to do well and markup is still possible to fetch for the ones who search (even though markup or TT has same effect ingame even though todays opinions is that good TT is evil but MU is nice even though the effect from the coplayer is that inthe end of the line someone still looses either way)

//Linzey

It's not counting ped. There's no personal loot pool. So no ped to count.

System know what return you had. does not say it is a personal loot pool for that. :D

For all you knowitalls, I have not the most efficiency, nor do i have the most addons like buffs but Im in TT+ since 2.0 was introduced and its by no means possible to say that my samplesize is too small, have been onholiday a few days but Im sure Im among the ones who killed the most mobs.

Its still possible to do well and markup is still possible to fetch for the ones who search (even though markup or TT has same effect ingame even though todays opinions is that good TT is evil but MU is nice even though the effect from the coplayer is that inthe end of the line someone still looses either way)

//Linzey

I´m also doing good in 2.0, better than before 2.0 even.

Back