Help: Returning to game, Loot 2.0 questions

KiiNG--MATTY

Guardian
Society
YMS
KiiNG -- MATTY
Hello PCF im returning from a somewhat smallish brake but 2.0 happened right in the middle and im looking to get up to speed.

Im not really a noob and I was able to hunt to my hearts content with brake even or small profit returns in previous system. I have been looking at threads and seen some shocking statements. to my current understanding in loot 2.0 dpp does not matter so much its more PED in v PED out and weapon eff effects loot composition rather than returns and also if you go mad mental killing sabakuma spawn with say a tier 10 vrex you should not be that bad only you will get shrap lol.

pls correct me if im wrong, im here to learn (again) and im happy to run test of my own (again). Some feedback from some reputable hunters would be much appreciated.

If you want to break even or profit, which is totally possible, you have to hunt for markup. Mindless grinding what everyone else hunts does not work anymore, no matter how high your eco is.

Lower dpp setups are possible now, before 2.0 they were not. Still, use something maxed to be sure unless you are level 85+.

Armors had their decay reduced by a good margin, so have that in mind also (they yield about 20 heal/pec iirc). And hunting related decay is compensated (supposedly), excluding enhancer burn and consumables.

tl;dr go for markup, armor is decent, be smart

PS: I'm not a big hunter or an uber by any stretch of the imagination.

thanks for that info tbh what you said about hunting for mu is exactly what I thought would be the case, as before yes I was mindlessly grinding what everyone else was but with high dpp and I was also very picky about armor v faps mosty opting for none as at that time I did not need any lol.

I have used non sib guns beofre but that was back in 2011 just to see what the fuss was about but never use them as a main and dont think i ever will tbh.

Talking TT returns only I expect never to able to profit again but I would love to know if I could get these 98% TT returns with any "DPP" as long as im fully maxed the weapon ovc.

ohh and tyvm about that info about armor decay I did not know this.

MA states there's a 7% range around the 97-98% number they've stated as average returns based on the efficiency%.

Then there's loot value distribution and time to achieve that average :). If unlucky, can be a long time and quite some peds cycled.

MA states there's a 7% range around the 97-98% number they've stated as average returns based on the efficiency%.

Then there's loot value distribution and time to achieve that average :). If unlucky, can be a long time and quite some peds cycled.

I understand it takes time and ped to see a steady average return.
I cycled over 100k ped on only 300HP mob before i was only just calling it an average return but saying average returns are based on the efficiency makes no sence to me as im sure MA also stated that returns are not based on DPP anymore but from what i can see is weapon efficiency is based off its DPP.

what im trying to understand is if I take weapon A at 3.0 DPP hunt 1mil ped and weapon B at 2.0 DPP hunt 1mil ped will i see roughly the same average returns?

I understand it takes time and ped to see a steady average return.
I cycled over 100k ped on only 300HP mob before i was only just calling it an average return but saying average returns are based on the efficiency makes no sence to me as im sure MA also stated that returns are not based on DPP anymore but from what i can see is weapon efficiency is based off its DPP.

what im trying to understand is if I take weapon A at 3.0 DPP hunt 1mil ped and weapon B at 2.0 DPP hunt 1mil ped will i see roughly the same average returns?

No the higher efficiency you got the higher TT return you will see, if you use any items too improve dpp other then gun and amp you will only see a better MU.

Sadly this isnt working as it should and from tests all the extra MU you get is from the extra ammounts of kills.
A standard amp at 3.6 dpp gives me a median of 30 oac in 2250 ped spent.
Fully acc enhanced 4 dpp gives 37 oac but those 7 extra oac costs 100 ped in enh mu even if they were TT it would still be a loss.
Weapon B will be around 93% TT and almost all shrapnel loot while weapon A should be 96% and more markup.

No the higher efficiency you got the higher TT return you will see, if you use any items too improve dpp other then gun and amp you will only see a better MU.

Sadly this isnt working as it should and from tests all the extra MU you get is from the extra ammounts of kills.
Fully acc enhanced 4 dpp gives 37 oac but those 7 extra oac costs 100 ped in enh mu even if they were TT it would still be a loss.
Weapon B will be around 93% TT and almost all shrapnel loot while weapon A should be 96% and more markup.

Thank you, I was hoping someone like you would post on my thread. I know what I need to do now :) and btw loved the streams you done, you should do more they are very enjoyable.

So for that 3% extra TT return you had to sacrifice consumable costs, which is fair but should be able to obtain more markup loots than the cost incurred to obtain that said markup? What happens if you don't obtain desirable mu loot as you described above though, change mobs?

Last edited:
Back