WARNING: R4PG.com fraud currency

McClurg

Hatchling
Hi there,

I've received an emial from support regarding myself receiving items s from an avatar who was using fraud currency's to purchase them.

This avatar was used by staff of r4pg.com where i bought items 's

DO NOT BUY items ONLINE, MOST OF THE TIME ITS FRAUD CASH BEING USED!

Ive had my warning, hopefully no one else has to get theirs.

???

there is no entropia universe at site u addressed.

it seems more like u are advertising something

low ethic + illegal + probably scam... sounds like a good idea! :yay:

Last edited:
Ah..you mean you got the mail bec you bought something from an ava ingame through a normal trade?

if this is the case..sry for you...such things are very very seldom but nothin is impossible...
but normally mindark also "locks" the ava and or the things....you can clear it up maybe with the support..??

if you meant other things (website??) or buying things outside of eu ..then thats another story...

I've received an emial from support regarding myself receiving items s from an avatar who was using fraud currency's to purchase them.

As I usually say (but some high level players don't agree with me (it's about reversing trades)): If you do out-of-game transactions (for instance you buy something from an avatar ingame and you pay outside the trade widow for instance using paypal), you do it entirely on your own risk. The same thing applies to when buying PEDs from another source than the ones provided by MA (the official webshop and straight deposit).

I would say, if you do a trade and MA reverses it you shouldn't cry. (If it was a legitimate trade or a a friend just gave you an item or you were given an item as an event prize you could just talk to person again and re-do the trade. On the other hand, if you paid something with paypal, someone gave you an item and it turns out that MA has rightful reasons to reverse the trade and lock the other person then the paypal transaction stands for itself.)

If you do an out-of-game transaction, an anonymous avatar gives you a pile of PEDs and you get locked after that because the source of the PEDs is disputed you shouldn't cry. If your account was created using a nonsense name and MA asks for copy of your ID, or if you took over someone elses avatar without MAs permission, tough luck.)

In other words, always have the complete transaction with items and money in the trade window if it's a trade. A gift is a gift with a transactional value of 0 peds. And if you do out-of-game payments you're on your own and it includes risk of getting locked.

Last edited:
I'm honestly baffled that this is even worthy of a PCF post...

Last i checked one of the first provisions in to TOU is regarding 3rd party transactions.. moreover, there's a big bold disclaimer/heads up when you make a new avatar.

Also, ped has USD value, it's kind of impossible to shop around and get anything better than the 10 ped to 1 USD ratio, if so, it's a scam... I don't know how this keeps happening to new players. Maybe they're careless/reckless or they just don't think/read before acting...

whatever the reason, OP is lucky his avatar wasn't flat out locked.. i know MA has a very very low tolerance for this kind of stuff.

First, I checked R4PG. I checked their homepage, and I didn't find any reference to "Entropia". So, either they don't sell it, and the OP got contacted by someone else claiming to be from them and selling obviously bad PEDs; or they sell it "under the counter" (they don't want to advertise in public that they are selling PEDs).

Secondly, their website seemed to be "hosted" by Cloudflare. Interestingly enough, some year ago there was a chinese website (Shanghai based company and website was also "hosted" by cloudflare) who hijacked accounts (avatars), TT:d all their items and then used the hijacked avatars to spam about their company. Their website reminded of this one. Though PEDs do have a fixed dollar value it was clear why PEDs were sold cheap: They (chinese website) didn't pay for the PEDs as they came from the avatars that they hijacked. (Obviously, they couldn't initiate a withdrawal as original avatar owner would notice that he missed items way before the withdrawal would had been completed...)

Edit: "R4PG is a Virtual currency trading company based in China." Another place it says "Beijing" though. A fake? facebook page claims it's supported by a sales manager at Alibaba. A thing that makes is fishy is there is no clue on webpage where it is (to, for instance, see which country's legislation that applies for purchases). The website has been involved in spamming forums (make sure your antivirus program is running... and google for "gteve22 banned"). For related websites google for UA-56284690 (Google Analytics).

There are two kinds of players who sell PEDs cheap: One type is those who want money fast. Or possibly want to withdraw a smaller amount than 1k ped, or can't receive international bank transfers. However, second type of PED sellers is those who have gotten it through for instance scamming, avatar hijacking or credit card fraud. And, well, the second type of PEDs sellers would of course don't tell that their PEDs are "illegal" and that the purchaser risks account lock. The second type of PED sellers just want easy money they can use IRL.

Last edited:
Back