Loot boxes screwing Entropia

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
Now when every new game has some loot box system to satisfy the gambling needs of kids around the world I think Entropia is doomed :eyecrazy: Why would you buy strongboxes when you can buy star wars loot box and get the same feeling with better animation :smoke: EU is not unique anymore :mad:

Now when every new game has some loot box system to satisfy the gambling needs of kids around the world I think Entropia is doomed :eyecrazy: Why would you buy strongboxes when you can buy star wars loot box and get the same feeling with better animation :smoke: EU is not unique anymore :mad:

Many games had lootboxes or similar concepts before entropia... and irl "lootboxes" are massivly popular and has been for quite some time. I feel the lootboxes in entropia is a great addition and many of the concerns we had with bound items etc has by now been sorted (refine to ammo etc)

Last edited:
There's legislation being looked at in the UK at the moment which could have a range of outcomes, from demanding that companies show up front the odds of receiving each item in the lootbox right the way up to banning them outright.

I'm sure some kind soul will point out strongboxes :)

Another thread with zero thought process involved.

Loot boxes are hardly 'gambling'. You get almost 100% of your purchase as either a direct conversion to ammo or something that can be converted to ammo. If you get lucky you actually get more value than you put in. If you're going to be putting money in the game anyway, you know, because the entire game functions on your real money - I don't see how you could even compare this to the other boxes.

Games like CSGO, TF2 or anything on Steam that has boxes you can purchase could actually be considered gambling. You pay around $2.50 USD per key, and on top of that you either need to loot or buy the boxes which range anywhere from $0.03 to several dollars. The vast majority of cases you will get an item with a value under $0.20. You also can't legally remove money from Steam, you'd have to go through a third party website and sell games via Steam gifts even in the case you did get lucky.

Star Wars is the absolute worst comparison. I can't even fathom how you put the two beside each other- SW you cannot even get your money back in any way. Putting money in Entropia is basically just a currency exchange that you can always get back if you so choose... albeit you have to wait 3-4 months lol.

Another thread with zero thought process involved.

Loot boxes are hardly 'gambling'. You get almost 100% of your purchase as either a direct conversion to ammo or something that can be converted to ammo. If you get lucky you actually get more value than you put in. If you're going to be putting money in the game anyway, you know, because the entire game functions on your real money - I don't see how you could even compare this to the other boxes.

Games like CSGO, TF2 or anything on Steam that has boxes you can purchase could actually be considered gambling. You pay around $2.50 USD per key, and on top of that you either need to loot or buy the boxes which range anywhere from $0.03 to several dollars. The vast majority of cases you will get an item with a value under $0.20. You also can't legally remove money from Steam, you'd have to go through a third party website and sell games via Steam gifts even in the case you did get lucky.

Star Wars is the absolute worst comparison. I can't even fathom how you put the two beside each other- SW you cannot even get your money back in any way. Putting money in Entropia is basically just a currency exchange that you can always get back if you so choose... albeit you have to wait 3-4 months lol.

I could not agree with you more...with the recent changes from MA where you're able to refine unwanted pills to get UA, strongboxes just become another way to deposit with little risk (we are talking losing a few pec on useless pets) with a higher reward (looting a ring no matter the value). All other pills that one would not want can be refined (damn red pills) and you will get back your ped in the forum of UA.

I was talking more that loot boxes in other game are stealing the kids gambling fix from EU. half joke ;)

And what exactly is the idea of the post? Another complain from the loot? Or something else? Because it is obvious the boxes do not doom the game.

What if Mindark had RL loot-boxes that may include, posters, flags, stickers, PED vouchers, action figures, T-shirts, caps, Mouse Pads, etc? Not to replace the current boxes but rather as an option and adition. Heck even loot vouchers dropping from Mobs to claim such a RL loot box to be sent to your adress. Perhaps not all boxes being identical and value of PED vouchers also being different and a surprize.

Just an idea. perhaps not called Loot-boxes or crates but "EU Fan-Box".

Last edited:
Rather, loot boxes everywhere are normalizing EU and making it look mainstream.

What if Mindark had RL loot-boxes that may include, posters, flags, stickers, PED vouchers, action figures, T-shirts, caps, Mouse Pads, etc? Not to replace the current boxes but rather as an option and adition. Heck even loot vouchers dropping from Mobs to claim such a RL loot box to be sent to your adress. Perhaps not all boxes being identical and value of PED vouchers also being different and a surprize.

Actually may be a nice PR idea. I sent twice suggestions to MA and they always respond "Thank you for the suggestion. We will send it to the developers". If they were really sent to the developers or not and it someone from the developers is reading them is a wild guess but you can try to make a support case with your idea.

Actually may be a nice PR idea. I sent twice suggestions to MA and they always respond "Thank you for the suggestion. We will send it to the developers". If they were really sent to the developers or not and it someone from the developers is reading them is a wild guess but you can try to make a support case with your idea.

lol That the very reason why I dont bother much with suggestions via support. Tried and failed numerous times over the years with my UFO-idea. Nah man, the Devs and game host employees actually read this forum posts. Its out there. I suspect they might act on the idea if the community come out positivelly here on forum. You can make as many suggestions as you want, Mindark do what they want anyway.

If Stan Lee can do it, Damnit, Mindark can too! :)

If Stan Lee can do it, Damnit, Mindark can too! :)

Gawd, youre so funny. I would love to get drunk with you. :laugh:

Please let it not be a "Marco-Box" with content that He loves. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Some gamers might not be mature enough for a blow-up sex dol.

Nope Entopia Universe fan box.

Perhaps when a gamer hits an ATH, crafting, mining & hunting, such a RL Loot-box "voucher" is included automatically and can be claimed with a code from EU/Caly website.

Last edited:
Gawd, youre so funny. I would love to get drunk with you. :laugh:

Please let it not be a "Marco-Box" with content that He loves. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Some gamers might not be mature enough for a blow-up sex dol.

Nope Entopia Universe fan box.

Perhaps when a gamer hits an ATH, crafting, mining & hunting, such a RL Loot-box "voucher" is included automatically and can be claimed with a code from EU/Caly website.

lots of possibilities for rl junk...
1-jpg.16437

photo.jpg

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/3d-print-at-low-costs-this-time-a-pitbull.21815/

Last edited:
Back