Space Update?

Dab

Alpha
Any word on the space update?

I heard they sub-contracted it out to the Star Citizen devs?

nah mindark have enough shit to fix imagine if scamctizen work on this kind partnership

Any word on the space update?

I heard they sub-contracted it out to the Star Citizen devs?

That’s the competition

What about space? There is space content in this game?

Edit: where's the delete function for posts?

Last edited:
That’s the competition

They used to be the competition 5-6years ago - i somehow doubt entropia can catch up to them anymore - they missed the train and watched another 100 cargo trains drive past by now...

Mindark were the first with multicrewships and somehow did not bother to capitalize on it by adding some customer communication and customer funded development -> over a million space players went somewhere else...

Mindark were the first with multicrewships and somehow did not bother to capitalize on it by adding some customer communication and customer funded development -> over a million space players went somewhere else...
Still a long way to go to get to early concept....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...3-Marco-said&p=2597867&viewfull=1#post2597867
: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

Not with this engine. Even if we had a space update, no one would be happy with it.

I would do their space update for free for them in a months time and would be happy with it afterwards ;p

But seriously the following things could be done by a single person in a month time easily and would do a great deal for first step space improvements:
- reactivate gunner profession and extend beneficial levelrange for gun turrets
- add dynamic mob respawn triggering the accelerated respawn of new mobs when existing mobs are killed, first in increased number, then closer proximity and lastly in higher maturity -> allowing multiple spaceships to hunt as a fleet in close proximity while providing an increasingly challenging hunting experience
- disable weight reduction effects when containers are stacked inside one another
- copy iron missions from planet to space, exchange mob names to fit space mobs, exchange rewards for space skills
- enhance pvp loot mechanic - winner loots his spent ammo back plus half of defendants ammo and decay
- copy event terminals from planet to space, rename them cargo mission terminal, add access to the accumulated cargo mission loot pool, allow mindark officials to create transport missions, allow the system to autogenerate copies of previously generated missions, allow players to generate own transport missions which they fund themselfs - revenue is generated from purchased tickets as well as part of pvp ammo spent
- copy hussk and place it on several different asteroids
- add transport storage mechanism that automatically seals lootable goods in a temporary container when entering space and autoreturns to planet of origin if the player logs out of game for longer then 2min
- double gunning range for privateers and motherships
- add sub warp drives II-V
- add critical speed for spacecrafts (ability book, can be increased/decreased by pilot) allowing them to exceed their speed limits while taking propulsion damage
- change space related loot to only drop in space (no more generic fuses from planets)
- introduce an extended line of repairtools which only work inside of spaceships (rk-30,40,60,80,100,120,140,160)
- reactivate warp flight effect on inship displays
- reactivate interior damage effects when ship is damaged
- activate radar (2d with extended range is better then nothing and good for a start)
- add high captain lvl requirement to spacecraft armor and increase armor values - allowing for a wide range of defense improvements for captain profession

Thats about what i think i could reasonably program with access to existing modules in a month time...(assuming their source code was documented otherwise it might take 3 month ;))

What about...

• a new very powerful Space Fighter Craft that:

i) will always be auto-docked in a Planet-side hangar when pilot leaves craft for more than 12 hours ( or whatever)

ii) be deployed into space from hangars (paying a small fee to hangar owner on whatever planet...nearest planet by default unless changed by pilot).

iii) can only be armed with their most lethal weapons by docking with friendly motherships who will sell them eg. Space Torpedoes etc.

iv) can only be fully refuelled by buying fuel from motherships (they burn a lot of fuel especially when deploying hyper-drive).

v) can be partially fuelled from hangars by buying ‘launch fuel’

Just another idea to throw out there.

Would benefit hangar owners (disclaimer, including myself) and mothership owners and possibly other planets where they could build new hangars. Maybe introduce new space fuel to be mined? Would also help to make space a bit more interesting I think.

What about...

• a new very powerful Space Fighter Craft that:

i) will always be auto-docked in a Planet-side hangar when pilot leaves craft for more than 12 hours ( or whatever)

ii) be deployed into space from hangars (paying a small fee to hangar owner on whatever planet...nearest planet by default unless changed by pilot).

iii) can only be armed with their most lethal weapons by docking with friendly motherships who will sell them eg. Space Torpedoes etc.

iv) can only be fully refuelled by buying fuel from motherships (they burn a lot of fuel especially when deploying hyper-drive).

v) can be partially fuelled from hangars by buying ‘launch fuel’

Just another idea to throw out there.

Would benefit hangar owners (disclaimer, including myself) and mothership owners and possibly other planets where they could build new hangars. Maybe introduce new space fuel to be mined? Would also help to make space a bit more interesting I think.

More spacecrafts would certainly a possibility once mindark has created an incentive for actually being in space (eg space only loot, space quests, space missions, transport missions, space mining (space only minerals)), making space fights fair (eg everyone can be looted for something ((own ammo spent + decay) at bare minimum)) as well as removing incentives of not playing the game (eg fix offline transport of goods).
Once the correct incentives are in place, mindark could easily sell tons of new spaceship types like other games do...

what if they would just buy the Elite Dangerous engine.

I mean, if you want space, look no further!

I think that entropia space will just be a means to travel to other planets.
To make a real space simulator it would take a lot more effort.

Back