I an see the Light

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Everyone has been moaning about Loot 2.0 and Lag,

In EU there has always been Lag and player complaints about loot !!

I was not able to play because of the night time lighting, I had to log off because I could not see.

Since the last patch or maybe the one before I night time lighting is much better - I think MA maybe tweaking the moon on Calypso - not sure about Arkadia or the other planets (Ark is always dark at night). It maybe my crap setup.

Lag and loot issues I can live with but not being able to see is like playing poker without being able to see your cards.

So maybe MA get a very small well done from me if thay have been tweaking the lighting.

Oh shit I just thought maybe the moon waxes and wanes in the game.

Post Script - I apologise the title of the post should be "I can see the Light"

Last edited:
Hallelujah! Preach the Light and start a pixelpoop revival. Too many gun toting junkies popping pills and killing the Fauna & Flaura. Start a heavenly planet and call it Zion. LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!

Pretty sure hunting by candle light is bad for your eyes.

I cant recall the name of this Fort, it was being removed now.

Back years then, that Fort always dark and I have to force my way through killing those combibos and get killed :laugh:

Yeah... if it is dark, better stop hunting at that area.

If its dark, go do the washing up / have your dinner / watch a 30min TV programme.

It'll be light on your return :)

(yes I do understand the problem, all too well)

gamma.jpg

:yup:

There has not always been lag like the current lag....

There has not always been lag like the current lag....

To be fair, back in like 02/03, the rubberbanding was fucking atrocious at some points - teleporting backwards by 100-200m and having to run the distance again. Sometimes you would also CTD and when relogging, find the last 10 minutes of hunting just didn't happen (loot gone, ammo returned).

But then again, that was 15 years ago :dunce:

Everyone has been moaning about Loot 2.0 and Lag,

In EU there has always been Lag and player complaints about loot !!

I was not able to play because of the night time lighting, I had to log off because I could not see.

Since the last patch or maybe the one before I night time lighting is much better - I think MA maybe tweaking the moon on Calypso - not sure about Arkadia or the other planets (Ark is always dark at night). It maybe my crap setup.

Lag and loot issues I can live with but not being able to see is like playing poker without being able to see your cards.

So maybe MA get a very small well done from me if thay have been tweaking the lighting.

Oh shit I just thought maybe the moon waxes and wanes in the game.

Post Script - I apologise the title of the post should be "I can see the Light"

To be fair, back in like 02/03, the rubberbanding was fucking atrocious at some points - teleporting backwards by 100-200m and having to run the distance again. Sometimes you would also CTD and when relogging, find the last 10 minutes of hunting just didn't happen (loot gone, ammo returned).

Ahh, memories...

I once killed an Atrox and as soon as it died, it's corpse leapt up, flew off into the sky and vanished into the sunset; no chance to loot.

SoaringAtroxOld.jpg

Or, you'd shoot a flying mob like a Hiryuu, and instead of falling to the ground, it would drop onto an invisible glass ceiling, no possible way to reach it. No chance to loot. You quickly learned not to shoot at flying mobs.

HighHiryuu.jpg

Or better yet, as you'd be traipsing across the land, an invisible mob would start munching on you. Sometimes you'd even get lucky and kill it, but...being invisible, you guessed it...no chance to loot.

Mostly though, you'd CTD just before killing a big mob and would be unable to re-log for several minutes. When you did, the corpse was already gone and...surprise, no chance to loot! :silly2:

That last still happens to me :) I don't mind, it's a free replay.

If its dark, go do the washing up / have your dinner / watch a 30min TV programme.
It'll be light on your return :)

Unfortunatly that does not working in the brood cave on Crystal Palace. It's always to dark to see something there.

And the gamma solution would be great, if it would work... But it only works, when you're playing full screen. It's not working in windowed mode.

And the gamma solution would be great, if it would work... But it only works, when you're playing full screen. It's not working in windowed mode.

Workaround for me was to go to adjust gamma on the video card settings. It does lighten everything globally, but at least I can see.

Lag
Dark
Bug
V2.

Workaround for me was to go to adjust gamma on the video card settings. It does lighten everything globally, but at least I can see.

Well, that works. But it is no fun with my setup. I use a Dell 43" display and have to read some things, while I play with 1920x1080. So around 3/4 of my screen is much to bright, when I adjust gamma for the whole video card. So it would be great, if MA would give us a real solution... Make gamma work in windowed mode or make many places a bit brighter.

well night IS dark, what do you expect?! ma could always put in torches or lamps you can hold in your off-hand though - if they had any creativity in their design team

Back