Coming back after years...

Lazarath

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i am coming back after not playing the game for several years. I cant seem to get into my old account so i am starting fresh and looking for a mentor. I am looking to primarily hunt. I use to know my way around alot better but it seems the game has changed alot since I left.

Welcome back. The game has changed alot, now most eco not wins the game as they provide you 95-97% tt return for most avaible weapons in longer therm, the different is only loot composition( less shrapnels more materials with mu in loot when you got higher eco)

Welcome back Lazarath :)

For most of us, it's the same game that we know. Depending on how long you have been away, these would be the main changes:

0. New graphics using the Cry Engine from CryTek (2008).

1. Other planets - there are many new worlds to explore. Attach a Space Thruster to a Quad-Wing and fly straight up to go explore them.

2. Calypso Land Deeds - own a share of Calypso and get 'dividends' weekly. You can buy these on the Auction if you are interested in the 'new' (2011) Calypso revenue share program.

3. Buffs - Many new items have been introduced which provide nice buffs to hunters such as Evade/Dodge, Health increase and Health Regen boosts, Life Steal, Decrease Crit damage from the enemy, Increase Crit Hit chance to enemy, etc.... Items such as Rings, Pills, Pets, new Adjusted/Modified versions of existing Armors, enhancers, etc...

4. Loot 2.0 - You will probably continue to hear about this VU for a while which came out last June. The main changes to gameplay seem to have been that hunters are experiencing a lot more Shrapnel and Animal Oils in their loots in general. Planets other than Calypso are experiencing a side effect from this in the form of items just no longer dropping at all since this VU, but I am hearing that this will be fixed. The other big change which is worth mentioning is that the overall cost of armor protection has been reduced a lot and armor is worth using again, unless you have $500 to spend on an Adjusted Resto Chip, which is still cheaper to use then armor. Another change that was introduced in Loot 2.0 is the 'efficiency' value on weapons as an indicator of how much damage it deals versus the cost to use.

Have fun o/

Legends

Welcome back Lazarath :)
The other big change which is worth mentioning is that the overall cost of armor protection has been reduced a lot and armor is worth using again, unless you have $500 to spend on an Adjusted Resto Chip, which is still cheaper to use then armor.

Legends

Well, as for an advice, I'd advice you to heed this one.
The adjusted resto is imho the best money saver there is atm.

It makes healing so incredibly cheap that it doesnt make sens to use armour or use any other FAP (unless in ciritcal situations).

It's a must have!

I have been reading through alot of guides and such but sincei have been on and bouncing around a lil it seems most of it is out dated. I played mostly back in 2006-2008 then only logged on and off to check prices on some of my dream iteams till around 2011-12 but havent really played since then. I am looking to put in a fair amount and try to keep track of as much as possible unlike i did back in the day buying nice guns and armor while having low skill and blowing through my money. I picked up one of the starter kits this past spring and then didnt have enough time to relearn the game or play till now. I also picked up a couple amps since that still seemed to be thr rout to go but not sure. I have found a guide on most of the newer missions and now am looking for a mentor to help with some of the finer points that have been changed. anyway off to swunt some more (i miss the old chant and avatar noises lol)

Back